A teeny bit OT. Printable routes to DLP? (For the kids)

CherryPie3

Earning My Ears
Just wondering really if you can get them. We are driving for the first time to DLP from West Yorkshire and would like the kids to have a visual to tell them whether we are halfway, nowhere near etc. also hoping it might hold the questions of "Are we nearly there yet?"

Is it possible? I did a quick google search but nothing really came back (unless no wasn't looking or searching right)

Can you print from google maps?

Thanks for any advice on this!

could you not draw your own? maybe print out pics of landmarks or signs that you will pass during your route for them to tick off?

Hi CherryPie3,

Yes, you can print from google maps :)

When you've put in your starting point and destination (and any places you want to call at en route), click the print icon and be sure to tick the box that says 'Include large map'.

You may have to play about with the scale and/or drag the map about to make sure the whole route fits on your page but it's possible to do.

Here's an example from Leeds to DLP:

http://goo.gl/maps/BxfY4

The print will just be as you see on screen but as addverbaan suggested, you could draw or stick extra little pictures to the map for landmarks you're likely to pass on the way (e.g. if you were travelling from Newcastle, you may have seen the Angel of the North).

Hope that helps :goodvibes

Yay! Thanks everyone!

Leeds to DLP is about right for us lol, we live half hour ish away from Leeds.

Excellent stuff, will have a play around with it tomorrow.

Thanks again, :) xXx

You're welcome, glad it helped :)

Just noticed it says you're from Pontefract - if I'd have noticed that earlier, I'd have done the map from Pontefract instead of Leeds!

You're welcome, glad it helped :)

Just noticed it says you're from Pontefract - if I'd have noticed that earlier, I'd have done the map from Pontefract instead of Leeds!

Ah don't worry.

Just done the directions and printed them off for the kids. I like that it has the words to explain where you are because even though they won't understand that, they can tick it off as we complete it.

Some of them will be ticked off very quickly until we get onto the motorway, then they'll have to wait a while.

I don't think I'll bother doing them for the return trip, we plan on travelling in the evening/night and am rather hoping they sleep! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter