a terrible loss

Rogue

Earning My Ears
Some of you may, or may not be aware that Islands of Adventure is losing some very talented people.
Several roles were removed from the park, and as of July 1 2001 will no longer be seen roaming the streets of IOA.

Fortune Teller, Story Teller ( I think Barry likes to call him 'Adventure Guy'), Jurassic Park Guide and our Green Goblin doubles.

These characters are such an integral part of the entertainment at Islands of Adventure, it's a shame Universal decided to remove them because the actor's who play these roles are so incredible.
Please, if these characters left you with a great experience, write to guest services at Islands of Adventure.
Thank you.

Green Goblin 2's, Story Teller's, Fortune Teller's and JP guides you will be missed.

I don't mean to put down your cause but I never encountered any of the characters you listed anytime I have been in IOA.

-Jon

Is the fortune teller the gypsy? If so, she was my dgs first love and she was so kind to him...I hope she hasn't lost her job! :(

I never saw these characters either during my 2 day visit in March. Must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Do you have an email for guest services? My son and his friend were totally enchanted by the gypsy fortune teller. They should really keep as many characters as possible. It adds so much to the experience when you run into characters as you tour the park.

ya i hate it when disney took away the amout of characters that roam the streats. it really is cool to see a character and get a picture with them. why would they get rid of great people like this that add so much to the park experiance?

I think I've seen a JP guide. LAst time I went there was this guy running around in a torn up JP uniform like he had been attacked by a dinosaur. He was also doing some sort of dinosaur call or something.
I can't imagine why they are being cut. Will IOA replace these characters with other ones?

The only characters I have ran into were John Hammond and Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park. Are these two staying?

maybe they are getting rid of these because of money- i mean if money wasn't a problem- wouldn't they have characters everywhere?

umm, Ian Malcolm has been gone for some time now.....Sorry.

Yes, the Gypsy is also known as the fortune teller, and the JP Guide was the guy with the ripped shorts doing the dinosaur call.

I do not know an exact e-mail address for Guest Services at Islands of Adventure, but I am sure if you e-mail www.universalorlando.com
someone at that main address will have a more direct route to guest services.
Thank you.

Rogue,

After reading your post I sent off an email. I am doubtful that it made a difference but it sure made me feel better to let guest relations know the impact some of these "cut" characters had on my last trip. I was so looking forward to more encounters at IOA with the Adventure Guy (Story Teller) on my next trip. He was a big part of my memories! Anyway I wanted to share the response I got.

Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 1:55 AM
To: guestservices@universalorlando.com
Subject: Islands of Adventure

I just heard and would like confirmation if this is
correct that a few of the characters at Islands of Adventure have been
removed. The gypsy, the story teller and JP guide. I am hoping this is
false as they are some of the most talented actors I have ever come across
in a theme park. The story teller added so many womderful memories to my
last vacation in Dec.2000. They all went above and beyond to entertain
you're visitors. Thank you for any reply.

Thank you for visiting Universal Orlando Online.
>
After doing some research, I have found that the "Islands Characters" are
currently not on our schedule of Characters in the park. If, and when they
will be returning has yet to be decided. If I find any more information
about them I will be sure to pass it along.

I hope this information is helpful.

> Best Regards,
>
> Rob G.
> Guest Services

So Sad

:(

If by Jurassic Park guide you mean John Hammond, I would just like to say "Damnit!". Having John Hammond walking around Jurassic Park was one of the best things about it, given that his beard was too long and his accent was to strong, but I and many other people are very dissapointed that they got rid of him, they definatley need to bring back Hammond.

Hammond IS still in Jurassic Park and can be seen on a daily basis.

The JP "guides" wore red shirts with a vest over and wandered around the island apparently pretending to be part of the research team. They did very little guest interaction and no one understood who these people were - most of the time they just seemed to be goofing off.

the last few weeks i hve noticed more "stiltwalkers" around the port of entry area. are these the replacements for the now departed characters??????:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter