A Thread to State the Obvious......

hildasmuriel

<font color=magenta>I'm a really really scaredy sc
Yeah....sorry forgot to mention....we're back. :rotfl2: Christmas rather got in the way.

We had a fantastic trip, despite all the misgivings before we went. The crowds were not that much worse than last year. We got far far more done that we expected, and we even had some walk-ons (even though it was supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year)

I have to admit to being :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 about people who thought there wasn't much Christmas theming. We found that Christmas was EVERYWHERE! My daughter commented on how much more lush their tinsel is in France and we loved the profusion of decorations we saw.

We were a bit apprehensive about our first stay off site but we really liked the Holiday Inn and found the shuttle buses a piece of cake (with one noticeable exception, which I will explain some time) .....and why did no-one tell me about the cute rabbits that play right next to you when you wait for the bus? Awwwwwwwww. :cloud9:

I will eventually do a TR but I'll keep it short, as I'm guessing you must be fed up of me by now. :rotfl:

Im glad you had a great time.

You are not allowed to do a short TR though we want every detail

glad to hear good things about the christmas decorations. im hoping to during the christmas season next year. cant wait for the tr. dont keep it too short lol

glad u found it magical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no short reports - we DO want all the details :goodvibes

cant wait to hear all about it!! welcome back!:hug:

lol, thought I'd seen you around ;) :rotfl: Welcome back and yep, as the others have said, no short TR please. Tell all !!

Glad to hear you had a great time and I echo what many have said on this thread - no short TR's - just not allowed!!

Welcome back, I look forward to your TR:goodvibes

Welcome back!:) I loved all the Christmas decorations too!:)

Welcome back, glad you had a great time :thumbsup2 will look forward to your loooooooooooooong trip report! :goodvibes

I have to admit to being :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 about people who thought there wasn't much Christmas theming. We found that Christmas was EVERYWHERE! My daughter commented on how much more lush their tinsel is in France and we loved the profusion of decorations we saw.

I think this is down to 3 things:

1. People are used to seeing the banners up for nearly 2 years for the 15th, so the chandeliers do not have the same impact (though I always preferred the arches of winter).

2. Halloween now takes over Main Street, Frontierland and Fantasyland. Christmas is not as prolific across the resort.

3. For halloween there are shows on the hub and across Halloweenland. This is not the case for Christmas (though I suspect all the Oct entertainment is to cover up the fact that the Chaperelle is changing from Tarzan to Mickey's Winter Wonderland).

Also we no longer have the Christmas fireworks.

But I am relieved you had a great time. And I agree, I think the Holiday Inn is a better option than most of the Disney hotels.

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip and look forward to reading about it and having a nosey at your pics. :goodvibes

I have only seen the arches of Winter once I think it was our October 2004 trip and they weren't lit up obviously, but I imagine that they were pretty spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter