A Tipsy Tenth Dining Adventure - Completed 9/28

Late but I’m here to read more adventures!! Great start! I love that Casey is doing the 5K! She looks absolutely happy on the plane and car ride even after a long day!

Following along to hear about your fabulous adventures...I’m betting (hoping) all the food will be better than that first night!

Mmmm that burger . Seriously does it not make you ravenous every time you see that photo of it!:rotfl2:
Glad you’re off on your adventures and yeah I’d be more than a wee bit jealous of Jason except for the fact that he has to run at 3am the next day! :scared1:Not happening to me anytime soon unless they dangle a G&T or Baileys or, you know, alcohol of any type iin front of me Then it might!! :lmao:

I got my appendix taken out for my 8th birthday so a couple hours of school and a trip to Disney doesn’t sound too shabby by comparison lol
Those rooms at shades look huge and given that I’m Irish and not American military your photos are as close as I’m likely to come to seeing the resort so I enjoyed the sneaky peak:thumbsup2

I’m on my own tipsy adventure in Portugal at the minute (brought the men in my life too just for the craic) so actually have time to keep up with the important things in life like the dis!:rotfl::rotfl:
Looking forward to reading more. Oh ,and yeah, I’d totally be on the phone to security re playground noise :thumbsup2

so while I got Casey to school and quite literally was shoveling snow before we left he met up with D and D2 and was doing this

And some of this
How very kind of them... :rolleyes:

I mean does this meal scream birthday dinner and first night of vacation or what?
Hey, throw in the scaffolding balcony and I'd call that a deluxe birthday!

Eventually the rest of the gang made it back to the resort and before long we hit the sheets as everyone had a 3am wake up call for the Princess 5K.
I'm sure the three at Epcot stayed well hydrated all day in preparation for their race... :laughing:

Poor Jason not taking enough photos of his adventures for you ;).

First day meal looks like a fine easy meal when you just don’t want to go anywhere or travel much. I know it gets better from here :)
I gave him so much grief for sending me the first 2 pictures I think he just stopped after that.

And it most definitely gets better, though it is a bit of a slow assent

I’ve wondered about Shades of Green. Deluxe at half the price sounds good to me! The security seems odd though... are that many non-guests trying to use resort amenities? :confused3
They treat the resort like you are trying to get on a military base which just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think there are non-guests trying to get on I just think they cannot help themselves :P

Casey’s burger looks yummy, :rotfl2:.

The rooms at Shades look really nice, but I had no idea they had a limited bus service.

I think a car would be a good option at Shades.
A car would have been a much better option. D had driven down so we did end up using it one day.

Travel days are hard, I am always forgetting to start picture taking, you did great capturing some good travel day photos, sans the beer picture, haha! The resort looks nice and the rooms are big!

I hate noise at night in hotels, I fear it now:laughing: We have been pretty lucky overall. A few bad experiences that our seared in my head forever!
I at least got some pics of the birthday girl in, even if my food skills were failing me this day.

This one wasn't too bad since they stopped it pretty quickly. Worst we had was at pop one time when there was a child crying/screaming for several hours. We saw the family the next day and it turns out the kid had someone gotten outside their room and was trying to get back in. How the parents a. let that happen and b. didn't hear him was beyond me.

Joining in. I have been waiting for a new report. Yes I lurk on your dining reports!

I also made my kid go to school for a few hours on her birthday before we left! HA!
Welcome from lurkdom! Glad to have you a long.

I almost didn't send Casey because they had a 2 hour delay due to the snow so she was only there for 2 hours, but at least she wasn't absent.

We are definitely going to find time to see each other!!!!
:thumbsup2

Hi Kari, brunch at California grill is my favourite, so I am a little jealous, but we do have it booked in for our August trip so I will just have to wait.
As this is your tenth review I thought that I would pay homage :-)worship:) and go back and read your first ( sorry but I never read that one! ) just to say I’m still laughing at Casey saying how she wants to get “drunk on the plane.
When are you all going in August? We'll be there the 10th through 18th. No brunch booked but I may try and pick it up last minute if we can.

Too funny you read the first one as I just did that the other day too. Some of the pics seem to have disappeared (or gotten smaller) but it was fun to look back at how little she was. Drunk on the plane is one of our favorite lines of hers too :drinking1

:rotfl2:.....sorry! Somehow the emojis got changed when I posted and the word “worship” appeared!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

And we're off! Hooray! I actually love the details of getting to Disney, that moment when you're finally on your trip and you have so much fun ahead of you!
I oddly love to hear about travel details too. Just wish Casey and I had gotten down there when Jason did

Hopefully the beer was cold. Love yellow cheese sauce ;).
It was indeed cold and washed the yellow cheese down well

Yay another report! Love that Casey ran in the race!! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining me again!!! I just went back and read my first report the other day and I think you are one of the few to have been stuck with me from the beginning. Thank you!

Late but I’m here to read more adventures!! Great start! I love that Casey is doing the 5K! She looks absolutely happy on the plane and car ride even after a long day!
There is a 3 drink penalty for anyone late :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Thanks for eating along with us. Thankfully for all of us with 2 small (but very funny) exceptions this trip Casey is almost always happy.

Following along to hear about your fabulous adventures...I’m betting (hoping) all the food will be better than that first night!
Hoping may be a better strategy than betting :P

Glad you’re off on your adventures and yeah I’d be more than a wee bit jealous of Jason except for the fact that he has to run at 3am the next day! :scared1:Not happening to me anytime soon unless they dangle a G&T or Baileys or, you know, alcohol of any type iin front of me Then it might!! :lmao:
I'm so with you on the running front though I don't even think dangling alcohol would help me. Sadly I ended up getting up with them to get Casey ready but thanks to some melatonin I was back asleep pretty quickly.

I got my appendix taken out for my 8th birthday so a couple hours of school and a trip to Disney doesn’t sound too shabby by comparison lol
Yikes! You win (or lose) depending on how you look at it

Those rooms at shades look huge and given that I’m Irish and not American military your photos are as close as I’m likely to come to seeing the resort so I enjoyed the sneaky peak:thumbsup2
They are definitely much bigger than anything Disney has to offer. It was actually a Disney resort (called the Disney Inn) but the government took it over sometime in the 90s. Its a great perk unless you're Irish :-)

I’m on my own tipsy adventure in Portugal at the minute (brought the men in my life too just for the craic) so actually have time to keep up with the important things in life like the dis!
How awesome!!!!! Craic it up!!!

How very kind of them..
Wasn't it. I gave him grief after the first 2 pictures got texted to me while I was shoveling so he at least kept the photos to himself after that.

Hey, throw in the scaffolding balcony and I'd call that a deluxe birthday!
That would have been the icing on the cake :P

I'm sure the three at Epcot stayed well hydrated all day in preparation for their race... :laughing:
Yes apparently the carbs in alcohol ensure race readiness!

There is a 3 drink penalty for anyone late :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

Thanks for eating along with us. Thankfully for all of us with 2 small (but very funny) exceptions this trip Casey is almost always happy.
Haha I’ll take that penalty when we’re in our cruise in July! I have 3 tastings on my own! I’m sure that will cover the three and some. Lol!! :sail::drinking1 I don’t drink on a regular basis too so this will really be interesting :rotfl:

Aww that’s awesome! Can’t wait to read more and I sure hope my will be 5 year old behaves as well for our land and sea in July! Also can’t wait to see how much I will change my plans again after reading your report!! :rotfl2:

It's fun seeing the Shades of Green hotel, probably the closest I'll ever get to it since I don't have anyone military to go with. I've heard the security there is really tight so I could see that be annoying for someone used to just going around Disney with limited effort. I think that dole whip looked delicious. The birthday dinner take out looked all right for take out and since Disney birthdays last all trip I think it's okay to start out with this, especially when most of the day was a travel day.

Joining in! I lurked through some of your previous dining reports & got some great ideas from them. We're definitely checking out Nomad's Lounge in June because of them! Can't wait to read about this trip.

Hi Kari. I love the expression on Casey's face as she crossed the finish line. Did she train for this race?

Shades of Green looks like a great resort for the price. But I would miss all those extra Disney services that help make a trip to WDW so much fun.

Jumping in! I love reading your trip reports.

Your DH did what my DH would do...send me pics of his beer while I'm missing out lol

while I got Casey to school and quite literally was shoveling snow before we left

:crazy2:

he met up with D and D2

Why are we not calling the first D, R2?" Then you could say, "we met up with R2 and D2?" Or just shorten it and say, "we met up with R2D2?"
You're welcome :P

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my Dad picked up Casey and I...

Jeez, she almost looks excited. Like maybe it's her birthday and she's off from school and going to Walt Disney World :love:

And what I’m guessing was a Miller Lite (think I’m going to submit this gem in a local photography contest).

I didn't even see the beer in the pic until you pointed it out :rotfl:

This was our first time staying here and we were pleased to find the resort was close to on par with Deluxe Disney resorts in look and feel (and interior hallways) for less than half the price.

Sounds great!

We also didn’t care for the transportation as you could either get a bus to the transportation and ticketing center for MK/Epcot or a shared bus to Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studious.

Not so great :sad2:

We ended up ubering or walking to the Poly (about a mile walk) and using their transport most of the time, which was fine.

I didn't realize it was a mile away from The Poly. People say, "it's right across the street." I guess in WDW terms it may be but that doesn't sound appealing at all for transportation options.

What Jason couldn’t stand though was the security. You had to show id every time you got on a bus and every time you entered the gate (even if you’d showed it to enter the bus) and it seemed every bus driver or security guard had a different threshold for what they wanted to see which at the gate equaled long lines to get in. I’m used to ever changing security at work, but for Jason this was a-n-n-o-y-i-n-g!

I agree with Jason…super annoying :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter