• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A TR with pictures! Home is the place you stay when you're not at Disney World!

lilyheartsdance

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I decided to make a trip report of our September 2014 trip to Walt Disney World! This is my first trip report ever so hopefully it will turn out! My mom had seen some one here on the disboards post that "Home is a place you stay when you're not at Disney." We were saying it the whole entire trip and that is where I got the title of the trip report! First lets talk about the cast

Me My name is Lily, I'm 13 years old, in the 8th grade and LOVE Disney World. I have been going since I was around 6 years old and have been in love ever since. I am a competitive dancer and love it so much!

Shannon This is my mom, Shannon. She is nurse in the NICU and is a Disney fanatic. She is constantly on the dis boards when we are planning a trip. She is basically my disney partner in crime. We ALWAYS talk about it.

Carol (Nana) This is my grandma, Carol but everyone calls her Nana. Not a Disney freak but she won't pass up a trip to Florida! This is not Nana's first trip to Disney but she doesn't come with us on every trip.

So let's get started with the trip! On September 24, 2014 we got up bright and early to catch our flight to Orlando, Florida. Our flight left at around 7:00 am so we got to the airport around 6:00. We caught our flight with no issues and we were ready to embark on our journey!

We arrived at the Orland International Airport at around 9:00am and we got off the plane at around 9:30am. We went to the food court area to pick up some coffee from McDonalds. Then we headed to the Magical Express! We got to use our magic bands for the first time ever! I was pretty excited about this because we had never used them before. We got on our bus with no issues and were on our way to the happiest place on earth!

Day 1 at Hollywood Studios!

We got to our resort hotel and around 10:30. When we got off of the bus a cast member was holding a sign that said "B....... Family." I always love a VIP experience, wish I got a picture of it! When we were all checked in our room was all ready to go! That was lucky because we still had our carry on bags and we didn't want to lug them around the park. We are staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort, one of my all time faves but hopefully our next trip we will stay at the Wilderness Lodge! We went to the room and got ready to go to Hollywood Studios! If you want to follow my mom on instagram, she posts a Disney pic of the day with pictures from our trip! Her username is: ShannonBurhenne. But anyways, we got on a bus and we were off!

When we arrived it was very humid and hot which we are not used to being from Ohio. On the bright side, we were greeted by these AMAZING Olaf fanners!

Isn't it so cute?! We headed straight to one of my personal favorites, Pizza Planet!

I got a cheese pizza and Nana and mom shared a meatball sub!

My fave, the cappuccino cupcake and how adorable are these Olaf cupcakes? It was a carrot cake and it was delicious!

With some food in our systems we headed over to catch our fast pass for Star Tours! Mom skipped out on this one, she's not a fan of the spiny, motion sickness rides. Nana and I rode it together, I love that ride. Shortly after we headed to The Great Movie Ride. Not my fave but Mom loves it so I always go. ;)
When we were done with that we walked around and shopped for a little while. I'm in love with Hollywood studios because i've always wanted to live in Los Angles. How beautiful is this?!

It was now time for our fast pass for Rock and Roller Coaster. I am a new roller coaster fan this year, I went to cedar point with one of my best friends from dance last summer and ever since I have loved roller coasters! This was my first time on the Rock and Roller Coaster and I really enjoyed it.

Nana skipped out on this one. Next was Tower of Terror! Another first for me this trip. This was probably one of my favorite rides of the day, LOVED IT.

It was then time to go to our reservation at Hollywood and Vine. We decided to give it a shot because of their change to the Fantasmic! dinner package. Not my fave, food was nothing special but the deserts were pretty good.

After dinner, we hung out for a little bit and went to the animation courtyard. We did the drawing class for the first time ever and we really enjoyed it! We drew Tiger!

Now it is time for our favorite show EVER! FANTASMIC! We love this show so much, if you haven't seen it you must go! The dinner package worked out well! We got the best seats in the house!

And what's a Disney show without a Mickey pretzel?!

After the fantastic show and an amazing first day at our favorite place in the world, it was time to head back to the hotel. When we got back, we sat back and relaxed at the Banana Cabana! I got a virgin strawberry daiquiri, my fave.

It was time to go to bed for the night. We had an eventful day at Epcot and the Food and Wine festival the next day! Stay Tuned! :love:

Looks like a perfect day! You're so good at this! I'm going to have to get a Mickey Pretzel when we're there next, how have I missed those?

Day 2, Epcot!

We started our day off by waking up very early at 6:30am! Only at Disney would we wake up so early on vacation! We had a breakfast reservation at Ohana! We have never been here before for breakfast but we thought that we would try it this time around. We took a boat ride from Magic Kingdom over to the Polynesian.

We checked out the resort as much as we could with all of the construction. We have seen it before and it was very nice. We are excited to see what it looks like after all of this construction! We got seated in good time and got our food shortly after.

Very delicious food, will definitely go back!

All of our character pictures :banana:

Very fun breakfast but now it was time to go to one of faves, Epcot! And another favorite of mine, Food and Wine! We started off by heading to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

We had a fast pass for it which was not necessary, it was a walk on. We then went to Soarin', my fave at Epcot! I guess I didn't get too many pictures just around Epcot but I did take this picture using timer cam while Nana and Shannon were doing who knows what!

We stopped by Club Cool and tried all of the sodas around the world and now it was time for the famous Food and Wine Festival! I'm not going to include the alcohol but if you want to read about that you should read my mom's dining report! Her username is ShannonMB. When we ordered our first item we got these food passports! We got a stamp at all the countries where we ate and I thought this was cute little addition.

Mom started off in Australia. She got the grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies. This was really good and if you're into that stuff it's a must try!

We then moved onto Mexico, mom got a sweet corn cheese cake and Nana got a ribeye taco. I would say these were ok but they seemed to like them.

While in Mexico, we met one of my faves, Donald Duck!

Next was China, Mom got the mongolian beef in a steamed bun with chili mayo. She said it was very good and on her top 3 list.

I decided to try the mango green tea with poppin' bubbles. This was yummy and refreshing on a hot day. The popping bubbles were really fun as well.

Next, my mom stopped at South Korea and got the kimchi dog with spicy mustard sauce. She wouldn't get it again but she liked the mustard.

Day 2, Continued

Germany! Nana and I had to each get our own but we got the famous roast bratwurst in a pretzel roll. SO GOOD. Probably the best thing I had in the day. The mustard with it was just the icing on the cake!

We were disappointed with Italy. I got the ravioli alla caprese. This tasted exactly like a lean cuisine in the frozen section. I expected more.

We then stopped in America because why not? I got the apple maple spice latte with cinnamon whipped cream served over ice of course. I did not think it tasted like apple, maple, or cinnamon so I was a little disappointed. It was still a yummy coffee though!

Nana wanted to stop in Morocco. She got the kefta pocket. She thought it was a little dry but overall pretty good.

In Belgium, my mom tried the potato and leek waffle with beer braised beef. She loved it!

Brazil was our next stop and we all shared the Pao de Queijo (brazilian cheese bread.) It was delicious and a must try! My disney nails are on display in this picture;)

My fave, France! My mom and I each wanted our own tray of the tartlet aux escargots. I was a huge fan of the previous dish but this one wasn't as good in my opinion. My mom loved it!

We took a break in France but I had to meet my favorite disney princess, Belle. She has been one of my favorites for a very long time.

Mom then stopped at Canada. At this point Nana and I were too full to function so we sat the rest out.
;) My mom got the seared rainbow trout with bacon, frisée and L8 harvest vinaigrette.

Last stop of the day for Mama was Greece. She got the griddled greek cheese with pistachios and honey. She thought it was just ok because it was cold in the middle.

After we were done with food and wine we were full to the gills and exhausted! But what's a Disney trip without a funny story? Nana and I decided to pop a squat on one of the benches we spotted while mom finished up with Food and Wine. For some weird reason, mom thought that we were in Mouse Gears. She literally RUNS right past us towards Mouse Gears and called us looking for us once she was there :lmao: Probably not that funny but for some reason that made me laugh so hard! Along the way to Mouse Gears, Nana and I took one of my fave pics of the day...

Once we got to Mouse Gears, we shopped a little and I got a new sweatshirt. Next thing we knew it was raining cats and dogs. Gotta love Florida weather! We were so ready to leave so Nana bought a pair of flip flops (she didn't want to get her tennis shoes wet) and we got our ponchos on. For some odd reason, mom decided to just get soaking wet.

We had a relaxing evening at the resort at the quiet cove pool and I watched a little bit of one of the pool side movies. I'm pretty sure they were playing The Muppets. We could also see the Illuminations show from the pool area of CBR! We watched those for a while and then it was time for bed! Overall it was a very fun day and the next day we had a day planned at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Stay tuned! :lovestruc

MNSSHP Part 1

Sorry it took so long to update! I've been pretty busy in the last couple weeks but it is definitely time to update! This is the day we went to our first MNSSHP.

We started off with a relaxing morning at the resort. I decided to sleep in since we didn't have to leave until the afternoon. Once everyone was up we decided to explore! We took some pictures around the trail they have by the pool.

After a relaxing morning of hanging out and checking out the resort, it was time to get ready! We decided to dress up for the halloween party because why not?! Our family loves halloween and we wanted to get into the spirit. We did something called Disney Bounding. It is basically wearing normal clothes looking like a certain character. I was really happy with all of our outfits!

I decided to be Marie the cat because I happened to have a pair of her ears from Disneyland Paris! I wore a white lace dress from kohl's with the ears. I finished it off with the pink accessories.

Mom was Dori! I found the PERFECT dress online at WALMART! I know right?! I was so proud of myself.;) It was only like $18.00! She finished her outfit off with a nemo necklace!

Nana was Minnie Mouse! She wore a black and white polka dot dress with my minnie ears. She looked so cute in the ears and totally looked great.

We had reservations at the Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge at around 2:00. Even after going on about 8 Disney trips, we have never been to the Wilderness Lodge. It is BEAUTIFUL! We are trying to make plans to stay there in the coming years. We ate our lunch and decided not to have them mess with us. This is the skillet my mom got.

Now it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom! Your party ticket allows you to get into the park at 4:00 so we took advantage of that.;) We made it in perfect timing and made it into the park! When we got in I wanted to take some photo pass pictures so here is my favorite one we took!

We also took some pictures of our own in this little section we found

We decided to head over to Fantasy Land, A.K.A my favorite part of Disney World. There's just something so happy and magical about it. We checked out the circus area and rode Ariel's ride since it was basically a walk on. Now for one of the most important parts of the trip!

Since I was 6 years old on my first trip to Disney World, I've wanted to meet Ariel. The wait at her grotto has always been way too long and it is very difficult to find her else where. We just never get to it or the wait is just too long. Well after coming off of her ride I saw the wait was only 5 minutes! I was SO excited I was going to finally meet her! She is one of my favorite characters right behind Belle and I have never met her before! So I finally got to meet her which made the day just so magical :lovestruc

We explored around Belle's area and took this picture which was one of my faves:)

It was about time for the party to start and we really wanted to meet Lotso! We were first in line being the planners we are and got our pictures!

Buzz just happened to be there with no wait so why not? We figured we should get our spot for the parade and fireworks even though we had reserved seating. We had purchased tickets to the Villian Soiree! Not going to lie I felt very V.I.P. with this lanyard they had us wear;)

We got our seats and waited for the parade. We made friends with one of the cast members and he took this pic for us. He made the wait go by pretty fast.

Part 2 of MNSSHP

The Boo to you parade was very good! We were very disappointed that the headless horse man wasn't in it because of the rain. :worried: It was still a fantastic show and we had the best seats in the park. For the fireworks, we actually got a bench! It was just so perfect and we had to have had the best seat there was. The fireworks were SO AMAZING. I loved them so much! It was just something new even though I am obsessed with Wishes.

After the fireworks, it was time for the soiree! I was so excited for this for probably about a month straight and I was so ready! When we first got in we got to take pictures with the Queen or Hearts.

We then headed into the dining room and got a table right in the middle! These were on our table when we walked in and I thought it was very neat!

They started out with the cheese platter which was very delicious.

They had some more characters come in that weren't completely included in the show but were still available for pictures.

Now it was time for the show to start! In came Lady Tremaine. She did some singing numbers and was very entertaining.

Then came the deserts along with the characters available for meet and greets.
This is what the deserts looked like. My favorite was the Maleficent pistachio cake. It was very tasty.

Here is an assortment of character pictures!

The soiree was finished off with a musical number and a "Get out!" I loved every minute of it and was a must-do for a disney freak like me! We finished off the night with a ride on the Haunted Mansion and a very funny Nana! It was raining and Nana didn't want to get her shoes wet for tomorrow so she decided to tie shopping bags around her feet! I'm not gonna lie I was pretty scared she was gonna slip and fall but it was still hysterical! I wish we would have taken a picture! With another day over it was time to get sleep for a day at Magic Kingdom the next day!

Really enjoying your trip report! Especially like how you're including food photos! Love your Disney nails too, btw :)

Can't wait for the next part of your trip report to come out! Love your disneybounds!

Day 4, Magic Kingdom! Part 1

This is probably the longest day of the trip considering it is the Magic Kingdom! The Magic Kingdom is my favorite of course! This was our last day of the trip.:crazy2: So lets get started with the day. We woke up a little later than we would have preferred but we were exhausted from the party last night. We woke up at around 7:00 and got to the Magic Kingdom right after rope drop. I was kind of disappointed we didn't get to see the show they have when they open the park but it was ok. We were at Magic Kingdom! We decided to take the train over to frontier land and start there. First thing we went to ride splash mountain. We got a pretty great ride photo!

Next we went over to Big Thunder Mountain and had a blast. With no line might I add.

Next we headed to Adventure Land to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle cruise. After all of that we were starving because we realized we hadn't had a full meal since 2:00 pm YESTERDAY. We had a fast pass for the Be our Guest lunch and got seated pretty quickly. I had the Croque Monsieur.

Nana got the Carved Turkey Sandwich

Mom got the Braised Pork

To finish off the meal I got the Masters Cupcake finished off with grey stuff as the icing.

Mom got the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

Nana got the Lemon - Raspberry Cream Puff

The whole meal was delicious and as usual the castle was GORGEOUS. I think Belle's castle is one of the prettiest places in Disney World. Cinderella's castle is probably a tie though;).

Since we were in Fantasy Land and our fast pass for Peter Pan's Flight was about ready we decided to stick in Fantasy Land. We rode It's A Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the Tea Cups. While we were chilling by the tea cups, The Mad Hatter and White Rabbit were doing a meet and greet so we decided to meet them since there was barely a line.

Now it was time for our Mine Train fast passes! I was solo excited to ride this for the first time! We got on very quick considering we had our fast passes and it was an awesome ride! I think it was little bit short but probably one of the smoothest rides at Disney World. Next we took a little pit stop to meet Gaston! He was on my must meet list going into the trip. We were actually the last people to get in line and then it was cut off. How lucky?! He was a very funny character to meet so if your into that he is a must meet!

Next we decided to go into his tavern and have a snack. We kinda pigged out:confused3 We got A roasted Pork Shank served with LeFou's brew.

Day 4, Magic Kingdom Part 2!

OMG the pork was sooo good. LeFou's brew is just so sweet and has such weird flavors i don't know what to think of it. I've had it before and for some reason I really wanted it in that moment. PHILHARMAGIC was closed:worried: I was so disappointed that's like the best attraction in Fantasy Land! I was pretty upset but I was really excited for the Festival of Fantasy Parade so I shook it off pretty quick. We went to get our spot for the parade but there was some worry of it getting cancelled because of rainy conditions. We still waited sitting in our spots (with our ponchos on)

Then over the loud speakers they announced that the parade was cancelled. :eek::eek: I was so sad I wouldn't get to see the parade. That was one of the things I was most excited for on this trip! I tried not to let it get to me to much but I was pretty upset. I let the day go on though and enjoyed the rest of my day. I mean how could you not, your at Disney World! It was about time for our reservation at Crystal Palace so we headed that way. We got seated and were ready to meet Pooh and Friends! The food was nothing special and i don't think we cared to take pictures. Sorry! But here are all the character pictures!

Yay! I love my picture with Tigger, he was so cute! It was now time for some Disney shopping along Main Street! Nana was very tired and decided to spend the rest of the night at the hotel. Mom and I made some damage to the credit card. I bought a donald duck phone case, a magnet for my locker, and a pluto pillow pet. Mom purchased a new wallet, a beach towel, and some keychains and other little souvenirs. Doesn't sound like a lot but stuff at Disney is expensive! We then went over the tomorrow land and rode the people mover. Then buzz light year and our ride photo was pretty priceless!

We also went to the Laugh Floor and had some fun there. Our day at Magic Kingdom was almost over but our day wasn't complete without a dance party with the Incredibles! Mom and I danced for a little while and then we were done. We decided to stop and get some starbucks while we were there.

We also got one last picture in front of the castle before we left

I really would have liked to see Wishes and the parade but I was just so tired I didn't have it in me. Instead we decided to have one last relaxing evening at the resort. I sat by the pool for while and hung out on one of the hammocks on the beach. We aren't used to short 4 day trips. Usually our trips are 7 days so it was weird to be leaving tomorrow. I was really sad and not happy about leaving tomorrow. We went to sleep and woke up very early the next morning. I took one last mirror selfie in the room with my new pillow pet, phone case and sweatshirt.

We got to the airport after riding what I like to call the Tragical Depress. We got to the airport way early so I worked on and finished my trip video with a starbucks coffee in hand. We got on the plane and took one last picture of our trip.

Our trip was coming to a close and all I kept thinking to myself was "Home is a place you stay when you're not at Disney World."

Thanks for reading my trip report everyone! If you want to watch even more of our trip I actually made a little montage video of our trip for i'll post the link here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEQuxhTAmE&list=UUK9qsSv1ALkjoG7svNt3wzw

You unfortunately can't view it on mobile devices.:worried: I would love the feedback on it! Thanks for reading my trip report, I really enjoyed writing it and hope you enjoyed it! See ya real soon!

Great TR, Lil!! I couldn't have done it better myself. We had an AWESOME time on that trip and thanks to your video, we'll never forget it. Can't wait for the next one!! :cool1:

I LOVE your trip report! and I LOVE your video! I can't wait to see you recap our cruise! :banana:

Excellent TR and cool video, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter