• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

a trial pair of soft contact lenses for snorkeling

J

joyannie

My family is planning a trip to Sea World and Discovery Cove this December. I wear gas permeable lenses, but don't want to lose them while snorkeling, so I am always neary blind while snorkeling. I remember offers of "try soft lenses for free" in the past. I plan to ask my eye Doctor to please give me a trial pair as near to my prescription as possible to try. This would work for those who normally wear glasses too.
Thank you all my friends, whom I have never met, for sharing your wonderful ideas.

I wear temporary soft contact lenses and am able to wear them swimming easily so I would assume snorkeling would be fine especially since you wear the goggle things to be able to see at most places.
*BETH*

There really isn't any sort of splash like swiming situation at DC so you should be fine with your gas permeables.

You're just supposed to float around in the tropical reef and stingray pools with your mask on, and you just sort of ride the current in the river where you could also wear your mask, so you shouldn't be in danger of losing them.

The only place I remember my face getting doused was going under the falls in and out of the river so just hold your mask as you go under & you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter