• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Trip To Remember--PTR - Dec 5-10th

bettyann29

<font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..
So today I decided, why not do a PTR? We leave in just about 30 days and the excitement is starting to set in..

Ok.. Heres the details.. it will be me (40 yr old Disney nut!!) and DD12 (Disney lover, but tries to keep it on the downlow) who will be 13 on December 29th.. This trip is actually most of her birthday gift.. I am a HUGE HUGE Disney lover-- my first trip wasnt until I was 30 and over the last 10 years I have made it back around 12 times now.. I believe this will be my 13th trip, coincidence that this trip is for my DD's 13th birthday? I think not.. ;) This will be DD's 6th trip if my memory serves me correct and even though she doesnt like letting people know how much she really loves it, she really does love it and she gets ALMOST as excited as me about going..

Me, DD and DH went to WDW in August for 5 days if I remember correctly and I decided to purchase AP's for me and her as I knew we would get back there and the best option was the AP's.. so our park tickets are paid for, thank goodness! as this is one of the biggest expenses for the trip..

Originally we were going December 4-11 and I had the airfare purchased, the resort stay already booked, which is Allstar Movies preferred by the way, with an AP room discount.. Then last week Southwest, who is the airline we had our airline tickets thru, had a wonderful Halloween sale.. Our original tickets were over $600 and by shaving off a day in the beginning a day in the end we were able to get our airline tickets for a little over $300!!! How's that for a deal?? and we now have almost a $300 credit with them.. I think I smell a solo trip in this for me in the near future ;)

So now we are arriving on Sunday, December 5th around 1 pm and we leave December 10th in the morning.. by doing this we are also not having to pay the weekend rates for the hotel so we are saving in that area too and DD was fine with the changes, so this definitely works out for us!! Who doesnt love saving some money??

So... The tickets are taken care of.. the airfare is taken care of.. the hotel is taken care of.. now all we have to do is figure in food and what the heck we're gonna do while we're there!!!

Food will be kept to a minimum as this is really a budget trip for us, so we have decided we will only do 1 sit down meal and the rest will be counter service meals.. The table service meal decided up is Fultons Crabhouse, as we went there for lunch on last trip and DD loved it :lovestruc and by going at lunchtime I get a 20% discount with my AP so again we save $$.. Im on the phone right now to see what I can do.. We'll be looking at some of the menus online to get an idea where we might want to eat at.. of course it wont be set in stone, but its always fun and helps pass the time until its time to go :thumbsup2 .. Ok, I just got off the phone and we now have ressies for Fultons Crabhouse on Monday, Dec 6th for lunch!! woot woot!!

Souvenirs will also be kept to a minimum.. again this really is a budget trip and we have so much stuff already that there is no need to buy more stuff to come home and stick in our yearly garage sale.. I do always get a christmas ornament and a magnet.. I will give DD some money, but probably not the amount she has recvd in past. We already discussed this and her reply was "Thats ok.. I dont need anything anyways".. I love that girl!! :thumbsup2

Even though we have been numerous times, this will be our first time to go at Christmas time.. so we are looking forward to the decorations, Osbourne Lights, and of course seeing that lovely castle lit up.. I am hoping that I can get the money together for us to go to the Christmas party.. so this week I am putting some items up on Craigslist and seeing what I can do to get those tickets!! :rolleyes1

Well thats it for now.. Im off to plan our days at the parks and look at the menus.. Have I said yet that Im EXCITED??? Well I AM!! :woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter