A Trip to the World Changed Our World

You guys sound a lot like us - we always try to get that early flight and get up super early to go to the airport! I love your pictures from the plane too!

It does suck! A 6:30am flight isn't too bad though. Strange though, when I have a 6am flight it seems so much worse!

I love trying to get mountain shots when we fly. I don't get to see the other mountains routinely, but when the Rainier is out I see it from my house.

we might take the red eye when we go next thanksgiving so we don't loose the entire day, who needs sleep we'll be at Disney!!!

IMHO there isn't a more beautiful site than Rainier on a sunny day :goodvibes love driving down 5 and seeing it!

What a sweetheart Josh is to drive your car back and send you alll off on your trip!

Gorgeous mountaintop pictures!!

Of course the girls looks stunning and ready to tackle WDW!

You guys sound a lot like us - we always try to get that early flight and get up super early to go to the airport! I love your pictures from the plane too!

Yep, We don't have much of a choice. Flights are either very early in the morning or very late at night. Leaving at 3:30am from our house got us to MCO at 6:30pm. And the late night flights get us there around 8am. Now, there is the time difference, but still it makes for a very long day.

we might take the red eye when we go next thanksgiving so we don't loose the entire day, who needs sleep we'll be at Disney!!!

We considered a red eye. However since Amanda has only flown once or twice and was pretty nervous about it, we figured it best to not "try" to have her sleep through the night on a plane.

What a sweetheart Josh is to drive your car back and send you alll off on your trip!

Josh really is a great guy. I am very lucky in who my older two kids have found. I think both Josh and Kim (Zach's gf) are amazing people.
Gorgeous mountaintop pictures!!

Of course the girls looks stunning and ready to tackle WDW!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Are there any direct flights from WA to MCO?

Yep, as mentioned... Alaska flies direct.

yes for certain airlines...we always take Alaska Airline since I HATE layovers and will avoid them at any cost if I can!

We use to only fly Alaska. However their prices for flights between seatac and mco have been so much higher than other airlines we kinda have all but stopped. I do miss those direct flights though. It really cuts down on travel time.

Love your morning pictures of Mt. Rainer...I miss the mountain view I had in Colorado! What a good son getting up and taking you to the airport!

Yes, gorgeous pictures! I saw them on my phone last night, and said, hmm okay, then I saw the big version on the PC this morning, and ... wow!
I love how the mountains look like little islands - you sure you don't live in Hawai'i? :-)

How pretty the mountain looks in your pictures!

Yay for arriving in Florida!!! :yay:

I love the mountains. I know some people love beaches... but for me there is nothing more serene than being up in the mountains in the cool crisp air.

Love your morning pictures of Mt. Rainer...I miss the mountain view I had in Colorado!

I can't imagine not having the mountains close.

What a good son getting up and taking you to the airport!

I could not ask for more in a son in law. He is really pretty great. :goodvibes Even though he does seem to get himself in the dog house pretty often...and I then have to hear about it. :rolleyes:

Yes, gorgeous pictures! I saw them on my phone last night, and said, hmm okay, then I saw the big version on the PC this morning, and ... wow!
I love how the mountains look like little islands - you sure you don't live in Hawai'i? :-)

I love getting those shots above the clouds like that. Rainier is HUGE in the skyline...yet often is not "out" We get some pretty cloudy days here and when that happens, the mountain tops disappear above the clouds.

Hi Ann, I'm here! Looking forward to hearing about the trip!

:cool1: BTW, how did your trip go?
I'm also joining in!

:welcome:

9/25 - Day 1 Part 2

It had been a very long day, but we were all excited to get on the DME bus. Kira really hoped that we would get an actual DME bus so that Amanda could experience it.

Funny, I remember Kira wanting to get a real bus but I can't remember if we got one. :rolleyes: I do know that we were happy once on the bus.

IMG_2030_zpse785495d.jpg

IMG_0370_zps95579015.jpg

Soon we just got goofy.
IMG_2032_zps70f16b35.jpg

IMG_2031_zpsd024780c.jpg

Finally though, we were on our way.
IMG_0371_zpsa2c2d82a.jpg

And it wasn't long before we passed under here
IMG_2033_zpsce72751d.jpg

I know, super bad shot... but hey, I was tired. ;)

I can't remember what stop we were. I want to say #2. Check in was simple. We were assigned a room in building 5 based off of my request. (exterior corner) The only issue I had was that it was first floor. I asked if they had anything on the second floor. They did! At first that seemed cool, but then we realized (after the cm showed us our first room is better) that it would be so far from everything. I also checked to see that the second room in our party would be in the same building. After finding that they were also set to be in building 5, accepted the original assignment and walked to our room.

Our room was right across from the pool! :cool1: I am typically not a fan of first floors, but this definitely changed my opinion. I swear it could not have been more than a minute or so from the main building. In fact, I could almost see our room from one side of the dinning hall. Also, being right across from the pool was super convenient! Yup ::yes:: POFQ was an instant favorite!

Our room
IMG_2034_zps8ca00bbc.jpg

IMG_2035_zps313ed103.jpg

After some minimal settling in, we decided we were STARVING. We decided to go to DTD to go to WGPE.

One thing I love about POR or POFQ is that you can take a boat to DTD. So we went and lined up. I say lined up, because there was a serious line and we waited as several boats came and went. It slowly got darker and darker as we waited for "our" boat. (I may have changed my opinion slightly on the boating to and from DTD at that point) As we waited we started to get eaten alive by something. We could not see them... which at some point on the trip led to a discussion about how they must be no seeums. Which was seriously funny. Amanda thought I was messing with her. She said "that is just a made up word that moms use" "there is no such bug" At first I held my ground. I thought, "yes, yes it is real" Then as I grew more punchy from being tired. (punchy/silly) I started to think maybe she was right. Soon we were all laughing at how I might have been making something up..but didn't even know. I did look it up though, and for those who think I might be making it up, you can read about them here. They are a biting midgie and while I am not sure that is what was eating us alive, they are in fact real. :rotfl:

Once we were to DTD we made our way to Wolfgang Puck Express. There we each placed our order.

Amanda and I had the salmon (sorry for the bad pic)
IMG_2037_zps329fb16c.jpg

Kira had the chicken alfredo dish. (again sorry for the REALLY bad pic)
IMG_2038_zps6006cf02.jpg

Zoe, I believe had pizza. (sorry for no pic)

I believe we all had this for dessert.
IMG_2039_zps6fcfca83.jpg

After dinner, I think we spit up a bit. Kira needed to speak to her beloved. Amanda needed to have a potty break. I of course took Zoe and we wandered around a bit.
IMG_2041_zps28831767.jpg

I think this was the night I stopped and grabbed a margarita from the stand. :scratchin I know I liked it.

After we all were back together it was time to call it a night. It was getting late.

Next up: 9/26 - Day 2 Part 1

we loved staying at POFQ last October...is our favorite resort to date! we were on the 1st floor bldg 4 on the parking lot side, was so quiet and about a 45 second walk to the bus stop, dining room and pool! we will probably stay there on our 2015 trip - staying at AofA when we go in Nov 2013.
we tried a couple times to take the boat to DTD and never did do it :confused3

your dinner looks yummy, never eaten there, we usually go to EofS

we loved staying at POFQ last October...is our favorite resort to date! we were on the 1st floor bldg 4 on the parking lot side, was so quiet and about a 45 second walk to the bus stop, dining room and pool! we will probably stay there on our 2015 trip - staying at AofA when we go in Nov 2013.

It is an amazingly nice resort. So small! I would have liked to book there for my next trip, but it was a tad more and as you know from reading my PTR, the fact that the expo is at the resort we will be staying took POFQ out of the running.

Next trip will be fall of 2013. It will be with a group of dis friends (I managed to keep some after this recent trip. :rotfl:) I don't believe that POFQ is even in the running for us. I wish it were.. but maybe it will be for 2014... :scratchin wait, that will be a food and wine anniversary trip with dh...so I bet we will try and do an epcot resort. :shock: Oh no! I just realize I am not sure when I will get to go back to my new favorite resort!!!

w
we tried a couple times to take the boat to DTD and never did do it :confused3

your dinner looks yummy, never eaten there, we usually go to EofS

Normally I think the boat is fine. I am just not sure why it was so full this trip.

And you MUST try WGPE!!! The salmon is among my favorite meals at WDW!

I saw your title and it drew me in.

I loved the shot of the mountains from the plane! That view is one of the best parts of flying out of Sea-Tac.

I think you did have a regular DME bus. I'm basing that on the cutout shape on the window of your bus.

I agree that POFQ is a good resort. I stayed their when they had the old beadspreads; I prefer the new ones. It's compact size is nice. The night I took the boat from POR to DTD, the line was really long. However, we waited because we had tried to take it on a prior night and it had not been running due to the weather. I wonder if you had a similar situation, with a lot of people who hadn't been able to take it a prior night for some reason. I also noticed it seems like every time I go to DTD is the same time that everybody else is trying to go to DTD.

It is an amazingly nice resort. So small! I would have liked to book there for my next trip, but it was a tad more and as you know from reading my PTR, the fact that the expo is at the resort we will be staying took POFQ out of the running.

Next trip will be fall of 2013. It will be with a group of dis friends (I managed to keep some after this recent trip. :rotfl:) I don't believe that POFQ is even in the running for us. I wish it were.. but maybe it will be for 2014... :scratchin wait, that will be a food and wine anniversary trip with dh...so I bet we will try and do an epcot resort. :shock: Oh no! I just realize I am not sure when I will get to go back to my new favorite resort!!!

Normally I think the boat is fine. I am just not sure why it was so full this trip.

And you MUST try WGPE!!! The salmon is among my favorite meals at WDW!

our thanksgiving trip is with a bunch of DIS friends too (from the scrapbooking threads and will be meeting up with Tink too :goodvibes)
we would love to stay at an epcot resort someday too, but wow a lot of $$

we keep saying we are going to try WGPE, but never make it...EofS is just too tempting for us - excited DLR DTD finally has one! I don't care for seafood, yup I know a NW girl who doesn't like seafood :rotfl2: but know there's other dishes I'd like to try!

POFQ is such a sweet resort. I'm glad we tried it once. It was very convenient to be so close to everything.

The food at WGPE looks great. I haven't eaten there in years. I'm game to try but the rest of my family isn't. Maybe I'll have to tag along with you one of those times?

Wow it is crazy how long you had to wait for a boat! Taking boats to DTD is a great perk of POFQ - as long as you can use it lol Loots like you had a great first day though!

I saw your title and it drew me in.

:Welcome: I am glad you are here and hope that I don't disappoint!

loved the shot of the mountains from the plane! That view is one of the best parts of flying out of Sea-Tac.

Thank you! I am not always able to get this shot, but was glad I was on the right side of the plane to see them.

I think you did have a regular DME bus. I'm basing that on the cutout shape on the window of your bus.

I think you could be right! I looked at the seats and they do look right for a DME bus. :goodvibes

agree that POFQ is a good resort. I stayed their when they had the old beadspreads; I prefer the new ones. It's compact size is nice. The night I took the boat from POR to DTD, the line was really long. However, we waited because we had tried to take it on a prior night and it had not been running due to the weather. I wonder if you had a similar situation, with a lot of people who hadn't been able to take it a prior night for some reason. I also noticed it seems like every time I go to DTD is the same time that everybody else is trying to go to DTD.

Who knows, I just know it seemed like everyone was trying to take the boat that night.

our thanksgiving trip is with a bunch of DIS friends too (from the scrapbooking threads and will be meeting up with Tink too :goodvibes)
we would love to stay at an epcot resort someday too, but wow a lot of $$

It is a lot of money! My girls and I were blessed to get an upgrade to YC once and ever since I have wanted to go back. Yet each time I look at the cost and think "next time".
we keep saying we are going to try WGPE, but never make it...EofS is just too tempting for us - excited DLR DTD finally has one!

I have been to both, but honestly I like WGPE more. Course, it was very busy when we went to EofS last December so maybe that is why.

I don't care for seafood, yup I know a NW girl who doesn't like seafood :rotfl2: but know there's other dishes I'd like to try!

:rotfl: I too am not too found of seafood. In fact, the only time I eat salmon is at WGPE! I do like tuna though and will eat that, but anything else. :crazy2:

POFQ is such a sweet resort. I'm glad we tried it once. It was very convenient to be so close to everything.

It is, and I really am wondering if CSR is just going to be way too big for us.

food at WGPE looks great. I haven't eaten there in years. I'm game to try but the rest of my family isn't. Maybe I'll have to tag along with you one of those times?

DEFINITELY! We should plan on something for February, for sure!!!

Wow it is crazy how long you had to wait for a boat! Taking boats to DTD is a great perk of POFQ - as long as you can use it lol Loots like you had a great first day though!

I didn't mind the wait too much. After all, it wasn't like we had an ADR to keep or a park to get to. And the boat ride was worth waiting for as it was so relaxing. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter