A Very Belated 21st Birthday to Me! PTR May 12-19th 2015 - Updated 5/11

Hey thanks for the info. Funny...I first asked about the $ for a cab and and then I edited because I realized you hadn't actually done it yet lol. I sometimes confuse myself between all the PTR's and TR's lol. But $6-12 isn't that bad actually if it can save a lot of time in some cases. I will have to remember to get a cab's phone number or something...I'm sure the hotels all have them for the local companies? Your plans look great! Glad they include a cake cup :)

The $6-12 is for an Uber, and I think yellowcab or something like that is $20. Uber has phone app that you have to sign up for. Here is the website for it:
https://www.uber.com/
Uber doesn't go to MCO though. They're banned from it for something along the lines that they aren't a "real" taxi service.

But if you want a cab, the front desk can give the number to you, and they can even call a cab for you.

Is this 5/13 if so we may run in to each other around 7DMT.
It is 5/13 :)

Do you guys like Animal Kingdom? Personally, I think I’d pick it over DHS any day. Do you use the EMH hours? Do you like them? Last year we didn’t really take that much advantage of them.

I'm honestly not a big fan of AK. We went in January. Before that, I think I was last there in 2010. And I don't see a need to go back for another few years. I'm much more of a Hollywood Studios fan.

But we're early risers and try to make it to the parks for early rope drop. We've relaxed with that too and don't really care if we end up getting there late.

Weekend Update #2

Not much Disney stuff went on this weekend, however I did get to Target to buy a new luggage lock and tags since mine fell off last year. Also, I got some traveled size shampoo and conditioner, and sunscreen. Also did some updating to our Day 1 plans, which was in my previous post!

Here is a picture of our magic bands/my bows/buttons!

20150503_121336_resized_zpswd5diqt9.jpg

9 more days to go! SINGLE DIGITS! YAY! pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust:

What do you guys do to keep yourselves busy and mind off of Disney once you hit single digits? I'd start packing now, but I sadly I can't! :(

Last edited:
9 more days to go! SINGLE DIGITS! YAY! pixiedust::cheer2:pixiedust:
Yay for single digits!:dogdance:party::dancer:

What do you guys do to keep yourselves busy and mind off of Disney once you hit single digits? I'd start packing now, but I sadly I can't! :(
I packed what I could and have been going over final plans and making sure everything is in order. Of course the tooth thing made about 3-4 days disappear in my schedule so my brain is now having trouble realizing how close to the trip I really am! :rotfl::rotfl2:

You and your BF are really cute! Hope you decide to do a TR! Hope you have a great trip and maybe we'll run into each other!

Day 6, Monday May 18th: Magic Kingdom

Our last park day! So sad. We start out by having breakfast at ‘Ohana at 7:40am, which we will take a cab to the Poly to be on time. After, we will hop on the monorail to get to MK! We might be there by rope drop, or we might not. It’s not SUPER important to us today.

Once arriving at the park our day will look something like this:

Arrival – 10:00am: Jungle Cruise, Meet Jasmine and Aladdin, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dole Whip Float for a snack!

10:00am – 11:00am: BTMRR (FP+), Swiss Family Treehouse, Meet Tiana

11:10am – 12:30pm: Meet Anna and Elsa (FP+), Meet Fairy Godmother, Meet Peter Pan

12:30pm – 1:00pm: Lunch at Village Haus

1:10pm: Splash Mountain (FP+), Make 4th FP for 9pm for Peter Pan’s Flight or Haunted Mansion, Stores on Main Street

2:00pm: Find a spot for FoF

I'm starting to think of skipping FoF on our first MK day, and catching it on this day, as of right now, this seems to be the plan.

Whenever we finish these, we will head back to the resort for some swimming and naps, and to relax. We will take a cab or Uber to the GF for a dinner ADR at 1900 Park Fare at 7:45pm, and afterwards head back to the park.

After dinner, we will do whatever 4th FP we made, and do any other rides we want to. We might stop to watch Wishes. After all of this, its time to head back to the resort! We will probably slightly pack and shower, and get ready to leave tomorrow morning.

7 more days! I’m thinking I might post timelines like this one for the parks so it’s a little bit easier to follow.

Do you guys hit up the parks on the day you leave? Or is it strictly a day to leave?
Last year I wanted to cry when we left the Contemporary! I did everything in my power to just squeeze in a few more minutes sitting on our balcony over looking the pool and drink my coffee (I drank it VERY slowly).

Last edited:

Great plans!!! You are lucky to have gotten that early ADR for O'hana!! BTW...how do you know what time the characters are gonna be at a certain place? I mean other than the obvious ones that you need FP's for? As for departure day...I guess it depends what time your flight is (I can't remember...are you driving or flying?) or what time you have to leave...and if you feel like you can squeeze in a bit more park time...without worrying about being late etc...On our last trip in March, we were only driving a few hours to my parents' place in South Florida...so technically I guess we could have done some park time...but I didn't want to be too wiped out for the drive so we opted for DTD instead. On our next trip, we are flying so our flight leaves at around 11am...so unfortunately that won't leave enough time to hit anything other than breakfast...sigh. But if you've got the time and the energy...might be kinda fun to do just one or two more things that may have been missed before...but no matter how long you stay...it's always gonna be sad to leave WDW.

Great plans!!! You are lucky to have gotten that early ADR for O'hana!! BTW...how do you know what time the characters are gonna be at a certain place? I mean other than the obvious ones that you need FP's for? As for departure day...I guess it depends what time your flight is (I can't remember...are you driving or flying?) or what time you have to leave...and if you feel like you can squeeze in a bit more park time...without worrying about being late etc...On our last trip in March, we were only driving a few hours to my parents' place in South Florida...so technically I guess we could have done some park time...but I didn't want to be too wiped out for the drive so we opted for DTD instead. On our next trip, we are flying so our flight leaves at around 11am...so unfortunately that won't leave enough time to hit anything other than breakfast...sigh. But if you've got the time and the energy...might be kinda fun to do just one or two more things that may have been missed before...but no matter how long you stay...it's always gonna be sad to leave WDW.

On the WDW website, it gives some-what certain times. So, lets say for my first day at MK, I want to meet Merida and Gaston in the morning (like I have planned). Well, before going to the park and looking online it shows that Merida starts greeting at 9:15am, and Gaston starts at 10am (but Gaston leaves for certain periods of time for breaks, so I think its 10am - 12pm, but he might go out for 15 minute intervals - not really sure). I know that I can get to Merida, use my FP, and get out to see Gaston by 10am, so I don't have to check back later if I can get his first greeting.

Alice is a little more hit or miss, as her times are also listed as large block periods, but I know White Rabbit goes away every 15-20 minutes to take a break. But when we enter the park we will pick up a times guide and adjust as needed. Since Merida has a set specific location, I don't think her times will change much.

I hoped this helped! :)

Kenny the Pirate (just google it) also has a lot of really good information on character meet and greets.

On the WDW website, it gives some-what certain times. So, lets say for my first day at MK, I want to meet Merida and Gaston in the morning (like I have planned). Well, before going to the park and looking online it shows that Merida starts greeting at 9:15am, and Gaston starts at 10am (but Gaston leaves for certain periods of time for breaks, so I think its 10am - 12pm, but he might go out for 15 minute intervals - not really sure). I know that I can get to Merida, use my FP, and get out to see Gaston by 10am, so I don't have to check back later if I can get his first greeting.

Alice is a little more hit or miss, as her times are also listed as large block periods, but I know White Rabbit goes away every 15-20 minutes to take a break. But when we enter the park we will pick up a times guide and adjust as needed. Since Merida has a set specific location, I don't think her times will change much.

I hoped this helped! :)

Kenny the Pirate (just google it) also has a lot of really good information on character meet and greets.

OH yes this helps a lot, I had no idea. In most cases I either plan to get a FP or just hopefully run into some characters...but Gaston is one I don't want to miss with my DD on our next trip. You should be able to hit all your favourites with a great plan!!

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc Your dog is soo cute!! Love that 2nd picture :rotfl:
Thanks! He's a big love bug.

Gaston is one I don't want to miss with my DD on our next trip

I would definitely plan to get there 15 - 20 minutes before his next greeting! Last year, the CM told us the line was closed, and he'd be coming back at 1pm and to get there 15 minutes before hand. We weren't even the first people there and we were there 20 minutes early. Thats why I decided to go for 10am this year.

You are leaving so soon!!! Have a great trip!

We used to do the park or departure day but not anymore. Last time it wasn't even enjoyable for us. Now I book a mid day flight get breakfast pack and head to the airport. This trip we stayed at the Contemporary so we did head over to MK and watch the welcome show which was a great way to end the trip!

Wait… What? Menu Changes?!

So, a couple of restaurants have made slight menu changes! Originally, I booked Sci-Fi to try their Salmon BLT, which is the only way I’ll ever eat a BLT is with salmon. But I guess, they decided to stop serving it with their new menu for the summer!

I discussed with Kenny if there is anything he really wants from Sci-fi. He has currently be diagnosed with Iron Overload, so he has to stay away from eating too much red meat and dark leafy greens. He is going to under go treatment for it after we get back, but its currently making him feel very icky. However, we decided to stay with Sci-Fi… and my new choice will probably be the ribs! I love love love ribs!

Our second reservation this happened to was Akershus, doesn’t really seem to effect us in a bad way. They added a venison stew, which seems interesting enough I might just try it!

Other than those two places, we seem to be in the clear! No last minute changes to our ADRs.

5 days to go! And only 1 more final! I will probably post times lines today or tomorrow! I get to go home and PACK!!! :goodvibes

I had the ravioli at Akershus (think she said it was new too) and it was really good!

I had the ravioli at Akershus (think she said it was new too) and it was really good!

Good to know! I had the salmon last year, so I want to try something new. Kenny got the traditional meatball dish, which I also tried and like. I kind of like venison. But I'll keep the ravioli on my radar! :teeth:

Dangit...I wanted to try the salmon BLT too...we aren't going until October then...maybe it will be back...sigh. I am sure I will find something else though...I am more going for the atmosphere!

Dangit...I wanted to try the salmon BLT too...we aren't going until October then...maybe it will be back...sigh. I am sure I will find something else though...I am more going for the atmosphere!

Well for an early mother's day lunch on Saturday, I'm taking my mom to a local restaurant and they have salmon BLTs, which I think are the best. So I guess I can get over not having in WDW. I think they will have in back in October, since its summer menu changes.

Here's hoping! And I hope you have a good one on Saturday!! I don't think I've actually seen a salmon BLT on a menu anywhere before...other than Sci Fi...but then...I've not really looked that hard...something else to research lol.

Alright, guys!

Full Trip Timeline
If you’re going to be at WDW and are going to be around the same attraction as us one a certain day/time, let me know! :cool1:

Day 1: Magic Kingdom

Arrive for Welcome show
9:00am - 9:15am: Pictures in front of castle
9:15am - 9:30am: Meet Merida
9:30am - 9:45am: Meet Cindy and Rapunzel (FP+)
9:45am - 10:20am: Get LeFrou's Brew, Meet Gaston
10:20am - 11:20am: Teacups, Meet Alice and White Rabbit, 7DMT (FP+)
11:20am - 12:00pm: Mickey's PhilharMagic, Prince Charming's Carousel
12:15pm - 12:45pm: Lunch at BOG
1:00pm - 1:30pm: Space Mountain (FP+), Make 4th FP by kiosks by Stitch's Great Escape
1:30pm - 2:30pm: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, Cakecup at Cheshire Cafe
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Break at Resort
7:00pm - 7:30pm: Meet Ariel at Grotto (FP+), Make 5th FP by PhilharMagic
7:40pm - 8:50pm: Dinner at Crystal Palace
9:00pm - 9:30pm: Journey of the Little Mermaid (FP+)
9:45pm: Watch Celebrate the Magic / Wishes / Leave

**I have decided to skip FoF for today, and see it on the 18th**

Day 2: Hollywood Studios

Arrive by 9:45am
9:45am – 10:00am: Meet Sorcerer Mickey
10:00am – 10:20am: Meet Mike and Sulley
10:20am – 10:50am: Do whatever we’d like
10:50am – 11:10am: Toy Story Midway Mania (FP+)
11:10am – 11:20am: Get in line for Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
11:45am – 12:15pm: Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
12:35pm – 12:50pm: Star Tours (FP+)
1:00pm – 2:00pm: Great Movie Ride (Depending on wait time)
2:15pm – 3:15pm: Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In
3:30pm – 4:30pm: Rock n’ Roller Coaster (Depending on wait time)
4:35pm: Character Palooza

Day 3: EPCOT

Arrive at RD or a little after
9:00am – 9:40am: The Seas with Nemo Friends / The Seas Pavillion
9:40am – 10:00am: Meet Chip n’ Dale, Character Spot (FP+)
10:00am – 11:00am: Living with The Land
11:00am – 11:20am: Soarin’ (FP+)
11:30am – 12:00pm: Pineapple Promenade Snacks (Pineapple Soft Serve with Rum, Pineapple Hard Cider)
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Canada Pavilion
12:30pm – 12:45pm: UK Pavilion
1:00pm – 1:30pm: France Pavilion: Belle (Reason why only 15 mins in UK), Macaron Guimauve a la fraise (Snack from F&G booth)
1:30pm – 2:00pm: Morocco Pavilion: Meet Aladdin and Jasmine (will line up right as we arrive for 1:45pm greet).
2:00pm – 2:30pm/3:00pm: Japan Pavilion: Lunch at Katsura Grill, Snacks: Frushi and Teriyak Curry Bun
4:00pm – 6:45pm: Resort Break
8:15pm – 9:00pm: Dinner at Akershus
9:00pm: Illuminations

Day 4: Animal Kingdom

8:30am – 9:20am: Breakfast at Tusker House
9:30am – 10:10am: Kilimanjaro Safaris (FP+)
10:20am – 11:30am: Pagani Forest Trail, Rafiki’s Planet Watch
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Festival of The Lion King
12:40pm – 12:55pm: Expedition Everest (FP+)
1:00pm – 1:20pm: Meet Baloo and King Louie
1:20pm – 1:40pm: Maharajah Jungle Trek
1:40pm – 2:10pm: Lunch at Yak and Yeti QS
2:15pm – 2:50pm: DINOSAUR (FP+), Meet Goofy and Pluto
3:00pm – 3:15pm: Meet Pocahontas
3:15pm – 3:45pm: Dawa Bar
4:00pm – 7:30pm: Break at Resort / Dinner at The Mara
7:30pm – 8:00pm: Head to MK, Make (FP+) for Dumbo’s Flight
8:30pm – 9:30pm: Dumbo’s Flight (FP+), Meet Daisy and Minnie at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
9:30pm – 10:30pm: Haunted Mansion, Other Rides we may want to do
10:30pm: Find spot for 2nd Main Street Electrical Parade
11:30pm: return to the resort

Day 5: EPCOT

Arrive by 9:20am
9:20am – 10:00am: Spaceship Earth (FP+)
10:00am – 10:30am: Test Track (FP+)
10:30am – 11:25am: Do whatever
11:25am – 11:45am: (Kenny Only) Mission: SPACE (FP+)
12:00pm – 12:30pm: Mexico Pavilion, Meet Donald
12:45pm – 1:30pm: China Pavilion (I know its out of order), Meet Mulan at 1pm, Get Kung Pao Chucken Buns, Beijing-candied Strawberries.
1:30pm – 2:00pm: Germany Pavilion
2:00pm – 2:30pm: Italy Pavilion, Get Limocello Panna Cotta, Rossini, Bellini
2:30pm – 2:45pm: American Adventure, Get Beef Brisket Burnt Ends
2:45pm – 3:15pm: Norway Pavilion
On way out, grab Flan from Mexico.

Day 6: Magic Kingdom

7:40am – 8:50am: Breakfast at ‘Ohana
Arrival – 10:15am: Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, (Maybe) Meet Jasmine and Aladdin
10:00am – 11:00am: BTMRR (FP+), Swiss Family Tree House, Meet Tiana
11:10am – 12:30pm: Meet Anna and Elsa (FP+), Meet Fairy Godmother
12:30pm – 1:00pm: Lunch at Village Haus or Casey's Corner
1:10pm: Splash Mountain (FP+), Make 4th FP for Peter Pan’s Flight (around 9pm)
1:40pm – 2:00pm: Dole Whip Float, find spot for FoF
3:00pm – 3:30pm: FoF
4:00pm – 7:00pm: Break at resort
7:45pm – 8:45pm: Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
9:00pm – 10:00pm: Do last FP, wander

Only 4 more days to go till I'm on a plane going to Disney! :jumping1:

After 3 8am finals, and two other finals that weren't 8ams so they were slightly less bad, I have made it through finals week!:dancer:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter