• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Disney Christmas! Nov/Dec 2010 PTR (Trip Drama & 2 Days! 11/24)

ladybugmom

DIS Veteran
Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: ADRs
Chapter 3: Clothes for the Trip!
Chapter 4: Photopass Issue!
Chapter 5: Photopass Update!
Chapter 6: Thank You!
Chapter 7: Books & DVDs
Chapter 8: I'm Published!!
Chapter 9: Dance Recital!
Chapter 10: Dance Recital continued!
Chapter 11: Furniture & Toy Story 3!
Chapter 12: Dance Portraits!
Chapter 13: TS3, Beauty and the Beast, and Father's Day!!
Chapter 14: Swim Lessons, Anniversary, etc.!!
Chapter 15: I'm Back!! (HUGE Update)
Chapter 16: Potty Training, Disney on Ice, and Disney Basket!
Chapter 17: Playroom and Laura Bush
Chapter 18: Final Trip Dates & Final ADRs/Ressies
Chapter 19: What to pack for a Nov/Dec trip!
Chapter 20: Holiday Sleigh Ride and WL website!
Chapter 21: Trip Outfits!
Chapter 22: Need your HELP!
Chapter 23: Claire pic update!
Chapter 24: THANK YOU!
Chapter 25: Halloween
Chapter 26: MVMCP & Holidays Around the World
Chapter 27: Trip Drama & 2 Days!!

Hi!! This is my 3rd PTR and I'm excited to get it going!! (the link to my last PTR is in my siggy if you want to check it out) I hope you will subscribe!!

We just returned Saturday from our May trip to WDW and we are headed back to WDW Nov. 27-Dec. 4, 2010 OR Nov. 28-Dec. 5, 2010 (more on that in a minute)!! We've stayed at the Polynesian our last 2 trips to WDW but this time we will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge (I've heard it's the perfect place to stay around Christmastime)! This will be the 3rd trip for my 2 DD's and they could not be more excited to be going back!! This will be my fifth trip (as well as DH's)--my first trip was when I was 3 years old and my 2nd trip was the Spring of 1994. I was a freshman in high school and we had a choir competion at WDW. May 2009 was my third trip (the girl's 1st--DH and I celebrated our 10th Anniverary) and this was the rainy trip that began our Disney addiction (If you would like to read about our rainy trip, here is the link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2195092)!! And May 2010 was my fourth trip (TR coming soon)!

So how did this trip come to be?! Well here is the post from my last TR explaining it all (posted on 12/2/09):

Sunday evening we watched the Disney Holiday Special on HGTV. They showed behind the scenes of how they decorate the parks/resorts in WDW for Christmas. Ally and Nana ready to watch!!
036.jpg

The special was AMAZING!! Claire was glued to the TV!
034.jpg

Cinderella Castle looks incredible!!
031.jpg

After it was over we headed back home. On the way home the girls watched Sleeping Beauty as Brent and I talked. Brent and I had a long conversation. I told him we should definitely go to WDW around Christmas next year (2010) and he said yes, we should!!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1: He asked me if it's weird for us to be going twice in one year and I laughed out loud!! He doesn't care what people think but he has the Disney bug as badly as I do!! :goodvibes THEN I said that we should go the next year (2011) for Halloween and he agreed!! Whoo hoo!!!! I am VERY excited!!! :cheer2:

Time for introductions!!!

Who:
Me (Becky)--30 year old Disney addict!! My family and I live in Memphis, TN (well--a suburb really). I am a former Kindergarten teacher and am now a SAHM! I enjoy DISing/blogging, bow making, theater, singing, volleyball, shopping, Alabama football (roll tide!!), Facebook (sooo addicted!), photography, and being the room mom for Ally's class. I am very active at my church where I sing solos/duets (with my dh), sing in our Worship Choir, and help teach the Kindergarten choir. I am a perfectionist/OCD and take planning this trip very seriously!! (And it's oh so much fun!! ) Dh is constantly asking me, "So what's happening on the DIS?!" (I'm on here a lot--it's sooo addicting--I know you can relate!) May cannot get here fast enough--so in the meantime I get my Disney fix here on the DIS reading PTRs and TRs.

Here's a pic of me and my girls at Chef Mickey's:
092.jpg

DH (Brent)--36 and just as addicted to Disney as I am!! Brent is an engineer/manager of international relations for his company, Star Wars buff, and HUGE fan of the Crimson Tide (he and everyone in his family went to U of A). He coteaches our Sunday School Class, is a deacon at our church, and sings in the Worship Choir. Brent is the smartest person I know but is also down-to-earth and much more laid back than I. We met in 1996 (when he moved to TN from AL) and were married in 1999.

Brent and Ally in the Poly lobby:
363.jpg

DD (Ally)--age 5--a mini-me!! She looks like me and acts like me (scary!!). She just completed Kindergarten and was the highest reader in her class! She loves princesses, taking dance (this is her 4th year), American Girl dolls, drawing, reading, anything Disney, singing in choir at church, and taking piano (this is her 1st year). She is quite the performer--she even sang her very first solo during he choir program a few weeks ago!! Her favorite princess is Ariel and she her favorite fairy is Tinkerbell!

1st day at MK (1st trip):
Image0119.jpg

after the BBB:
Image0181.jpg

with Minnie & Mickey:
Image0830.jpg

with her favorite princess, Ariel:
Image0951.jpg

Ally--age 2--Halloween
Ally025.jpg

Ally--age 4--Halloween
059.jpg

Ally--age 5--this past Halloween
067.jpg

DD (Claire)--age 2--and my baby!! She is a ball of energy and is my climber--she has no fear! She is also pretty coordinated. She started taking dance this year (tap and ballet) and just LOVES it!! She has finally gotten used to me taking lots of pictures and will actually smile for pics now!! She is also a lot louder than Ally was at this age but is much more cuddly than Ally was. She is precious!! She likes to sing along with us--I think she is going to be a soprano like me! She knows how to make anyone smile--especially if she's getting in trouble--such a stinker!! Her favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse but ALL of the princesses are a close 2nd! She loves dressing up in her many princess costumes and she really has a thing for shoes! She asks to put on her shoes as soon as she wakes up in the morning!!

Claire as Minnie Mouse this past Halloween:
002.jpg

Claire with Tigger (1st trip):
277.jpg

Claire with Show White at Akershus:
060.jpg

063.jpg

waiting for the train:
217.jpg

Claire at her 2 year birthday party:
049.jpg

When: Nov. 27-Dec. 4, 2010 OR Nov. 28-Dec. 5, 2010

Why 2 different dates you ask?! We booked Nov. 27-Dec. 4 a few weeks before our last trip. My TA said that the Standard rooms at WL were going fast and I wasn't sure if we'd receive a Bounceback Offer on our trip or not--so I went ahead and booked!! Once we got to WDW we had a BB offer waiting for us in our room for 40% off of a Deluxe resort. The catch was that the 27th was blacked out and the only rooms they had for the offer were Courtyard View with bunkbeds--so we booked that one as well (Nov. 28-Dec. 5) as it saved us a little over $400 from the 1st ressie we booked. Confused yet?! :lmao: We're keeping both ressies until we see if there will be a bigger discount that comes out for the Standard room (1st ressie). We'll cancel whichever ressie ends up being more expensive.

Where: The Wilderness Lodge!! I have read about how beautifully decorated the WL is for Christmas! We can't wait to try somewhere different!

How: We will be taking a direct flight (the earliest we can get)!! We want to get there as soon as we can!!

We are looking forward to all things Christmas at WDW!! MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, Osbourne Lights, everything being decorated for Christmas, Cinderella Castle lighting show, etc.!!!

Coming up!! ADRs!!!

My TA made my ADRs today!!

LeCellier was showing little availability for 12/1, so she had to flip flop that one with Garden Grill because the earliest time they had on 12/1 was 7:45pm.

11/27: Whispering Canyon Cafe
7:30pm

11/28: Animal Kingdom
Boma (if we go with 1st ressie)
5:30pm

Whispering Canyon Cafe (if we go with the 2nd ressie)
7:30pm

11/29: Magic Kingdom
BBB (for Ally & Claire)
Castle Location, Magic Kingdom
8:00am

Cinderella's Royal Table
4:20pm

11/30: Magic Kingdom (MVMCP)
'Ohana
5:00pm

12/1: Epcot
The Garden Grill
4:55pm

12/2: Hollywood Studios
1900 Park Fare
8:00am

12/3: Epcot
Le Cellier (CP package--I hope)
6:55pm

Garden Grill (in case I can get the CP package for 12/1 @ Le Cellier instead)
4:55pm

12/4: Animal Kingdom (if we go with the 2nd ressie)
Boma
6:00pm

I guess the only thing that worries me is getting Le Cellier for the CP package. Prefered it on 12/1 so we'll see what happens. We got the earliest dinner @ O'hana the night we do the MVMCP--we'll be at MK all day that day so we should be fine, right?! The party doesn't start until 7:00 pm and we should be able to get back to MK (I hope) around 6:15-6:30?! Thoughts?!

I'm here! popcorn::

Congrats on the ADRs :goodvibes !

Your meal at 'Ohana should be fine... my sister & I had a meal at The Wave before MVMCP last year (at 5.30pm) - we lingered at the resort though and got to MK at about 8pm ... the Poly is much closer on the monorail too so I'm sure you'll get there for 7pm!
Walking up Main Street with all the christmas lights and music is truly magical!! :wizard: :santa:

Emma princess: x

The ADRs look great! We loved both WCC and LeCellier on previous trips and are looking forward to Ohana this time! One of these days I want to get to Boma and once Aileen is a bit older, CRT and 1900 Park Fair.

ETA: I love all the customs! Do you make your own or do you buy? Have you thought about what you'll do for this trip? Now that I have a girl I am itching to dress her up!

I'm here! popcorn::

Congrats on the ADRs :goodvibes !

Your meal at 'Ohana should be fine... my sister & I had a meal at The Wave before MVMCP last year (at 5.30pm) - we lingered at the resort though and got to MK at about 8pm ... the Poly is much closer on the monorail too so I'm sure you'll get there for 7pm!
Walking up Main Street with all the christmas lights and music is truly magical!! :wizard: :santa:

Emma princess: x

YAY Emma!! Glad you're here!! Thank you! Oh good--that makes me feel a lot better!! :goodvibes

The ADRs look great! We loved both WCC and LeCellier on previous trips and are looking forward to Ohana this time! One of these days I want to get to Boma and once Aileen is a bit older, CRT and 1900 Park Fair.

ETA: I love all the customs! Do you make your own or do you buy? Have you thought about what you'll do for this trip? Now that I have a girl I am itching to dress her up!

Thanks!! Oh you will LOVE O'hana!! It's my favorite place to eat at WDW!!! :lovestruc

Thank you! I wish I could make my own but I have a friend who made the Tiana dresses the girls wore on this past trip and my mom made one of the outfits as well (see my other PTR for pics). The lady who made the other ones is someone I cannot recommend. I ordered from her for our 1st family trip last year and almost didn't receive them in time! I had some friends who NEVER received their orders. If you go to www.etsy.com there are a TON of cute Disney customs there!! :goodvibes Girls are sooo much fun to dress, aren't they?!

Ok, so now that I'm caught up...

It looks like you got everything you wanted! :yay: I hope the CP package works out how you want it to. When are you able to book those? I know nothing about the CP stuff :sad2:

And for O'Hana, I know when we ate there this past trip our reservation was at 6:50 and we made it to EPCOT around 9:00 (I remember the exact times of that evening because I was so nervous about being late!) Although we also lingered to watch Wishes and we were going to EP instead of MK, so more travel time. I think you'll definitely get over to MK in plenty of time for the party! :goodvibes

Ok, so now that I'm caught up...

It looks like you got everything you wanted! :yay: I hope the CP package works out how you want it to. When are you able to book those? I know nothing about the CP stuff :sad2:

And for O'Hana, I know when we ate there this past trip our reservation was at 6:50 and we made it to EPCOT around 9:00 (I remember the exact times of that evening because I was so nervous about being late!) Although we also lingered to watch Wishes and we were going to EP instead of MK, so more travel time. I think you'll definitely get over to MK in plenty of time for the party! :goodvibes

They haven't announced anything yet about the CP package--last year it was booked 90 days out but so were ADRs at that point. So we just wait . . .

I'm here!! Off to Memorial Day Dinner but I will read and catch up when I get home. Just found out I may get to book my ADRs on Thursday...so I am frantically getting everything together. Had to chage a few things around..can't wait to read about what you picked.

I'm here!! Off to Memorial Day Dinner but I will read and catch up when I get home. Just found out I may get to book my ADRs on Thursday...so I am frantically getting everything together. Had to chage a few things around..can't wait to read about what you picked.

YAY Katie!! So excited to be planning our trips together!! WOW--Thursday?! How did I not know about this?! I guess it all worked out anyway. Have fun at your dinner!!

We are going to WL Nov. 28th - Dec. 7th so are our friends Oregonmommyof2 and her hubby. We are also going to the MVMCP on the 30th.

Your children are gorgeous, so pretty, they looked like they had so much fun at WDW. I can't wait to read about your plans.

Its great you have a hubby that loves Disney as much as you do and no you are not crazy going twice in one year. In 2008 we went 3 times from southern Illinois.

Hey Becky,
I didn't know you were staring a new PTR but I just found you on the PTR board. I'll be starting a PTR in a few weeks, too. Glad to hear you got what you wanted for ADRS. For MVMCP day I don't think I would do 'Ohana. This is why, they let you into the park at 4 PM and the crowds at MK are dead the whole day because no one wants to go MK on a party day unless they're doing MVMCP. So, I would sleep in (always important) have breakfast at one of the MK resorts, and then go over to Fort Wilderness. The christmas decorations are AMAZING! After that I would go back to WL and rest up before going to MK. Once you get their you could do a CS at maybe CHH? That's always nice and festive. Plus you don't want to get to filled up because of the free cookies and hot chocolate at the party. Hope this helps!

Wilderness Lodge in December will be awesome!

Thanks Jill!! I think so!! :goodvibes

We are going to WL Nov. 28th - Dec. 7th so are our friends Oregonmommyof2 and her hubby. We are also going to the MVMCP on the 30th.

Your children are gorgeous, so pretty, they looked like they had so much fun at WDW. I can't wait to read about your plans.

Its great you have a hubby that loves Disney as much as you do and no you are not crazy going twice in one year. In 2008 we went 3 times from southern Illinois.

Hi and :welcome: to my PTR!! How cool that we'll be there the same time!! :goodvibes Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I am very thankful to have a hubby who loves Disney just as much!! :goodvibes

Hey Becky,
I didn't know you were staring a new PTR but I just found you on the PTR board. I'll be starting a PTR in a few weeks, too. Glad to hear you got what you wanted for ADRS. For MVMCP day I don't think I would do 'Ohana. This is why, they let you into the park at 4 PM and the crowds at MK are dead the whole day because no one wants to go MK on a party day unless they're doing MVMCP. So, I would sleep in (always important) have breakfast at one of the MK resorts, and then go over to Fort Wilderness. The christmas decorations are AMAZING! After that I would go back to WL and rest up before going to MK. Once you get their you could do a CS at maybe CHH? That's always nice and festive. Plus you don't want to get to filled up because of the free cookies and hot chocolate at the party. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the tips Barbara!! We probably will sleep in more that morning but we aren't ones to lay around when we know there's a park to be at!! :lmao: We're crazy--I know!! We did the same thing this past trip. Slept in a little later and then headed over to Epcot and then stayed there for EMH until midnight!! We loved it and the girls did great!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter