• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very ENGAGING Thanksgiving Break!

RemiRoo

Earning My Ears
So after lurking on the boards for a decent amount of time, and reading everyone else's trip reports I decided it was time to post ours. Because I made the huge mistake of not journaling I am relying on memory!
Our trip took place November 15th-21st. I originally started talking about a Disney vacation about a year into our relationship. (Two years before we actually went!) due to my inability to do anything not planned to death, I knew exactly when we were going to go pretty quickly. We knew that traditionally Disney offered free dining that week (which we didn't end up getting due to our hotel.)
About two weeks before we had to pay off our vacation I ran into some monetary issues and was worried our whole trip was in jeopardy! However Patrick (dear fiancé) to the rescue!
We knew we were going to drive to Orlando (which will never happen again) and in our infinite wisdom we decided to drive overnight to avoid traffic and get to Orlando earlier in the day on Saturday. There had been a huge, random snowstorm in Cleveland the day before we left so we had a cold, and slippery start. We started out about 6:30 on Friday night from Cleveland OH. We got to about Tenessee before I started to lose it. We drove through the very long night and stopped in Georgia for breakfast at IHOP. ( It was about 35 degrees until we crossed over into Florida). Eventually at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon on Saturday we made it to Orlando. We had a reservation for our first night at the Holiday Inn in Bueno Vista across from Downtown Disney. The plan was to spend the night there, and then head to Port Orleans Riverside in the. Robing, check in and head to Animal Kingdom for our first Disney day! The hotel is very recently renovated and absolutely gorgeous! The bed was incredibly comfortable and our room was huge and very very clean (something incredibly important to me!) the weather was beautiful, sunny and 75 degrees! We showered, changed and walked over to Downtown Disney. I had heard awesome things about Earl of Sandwich and we were not disappointed! We split the Thanksgiving sandwich and the tomato caprese sandwich. We had a lovely walk around and a browse through the shops and then headed back to the hotel to crash!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter