• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Very Merry Disney Christmas Vacation- Dec. '14 TR- Updated 6/15 -Day 7

ememtingle

The Lost Princess

:santa:*Once upon a Christmastime at Christmas*:santa:

Hey Howdy Hey! And welcome to my December trip report! I'm not going to neglect this TR like I did my last one. I'm currently on Christmas break, so I have lots of time to sit around and basically do nothing.

15993306829_cc0054a5c2_b.jpg

So! Here's where the trip started...Rewind to 8 months ago...
Eli (my boyfriend) and I were wrapping up our junior year of college when we started talking about Disney World. We went last October, and we were dying to go back. Eli was very jealous because I was going on a Disney Cruise for my birthday that fall and he wanted to be part of the Disney magic too. So we started brainstorming, and calculating, and planning.
Long story short, when we both got our first paycheck from our summer jobs, we paid the deposit and we were ready!!
When we went in October, it was very short planning. This time, we made ADR's 180 days in advance, we had everything planned out to a T. (Eli did most of the planning for this trip, picking restaurants, the hotel, and the fastpasses).

Well, before I get ahead of myself (like I typically do) let's do some introductions!

Me and my other boyfriend (hehe)

I'm Emily, I'm a 21 year old senior in college, studying Business Admin. and I have no clue what I'm going to do after I graduate (eek). Eli and I have been together for over 2 years and have an absolute blast when we go to Disney. Eli, bless him, will wait in line to meet Princesses because he knows I love them. (dawww). I've been to Disney too many times to count. We used to go multiple times a year when I was growing up because my Nana is a DVC member. We traded Disney World for cruises because it was hard for my nana to get around the parks.
I'm obsessed with Disney Princesses and Disney food. I mean, unhealthy obsession. I am that adult who will wait in line to meet Rapunzel without a child, because I love her. You will find me in Fantasyland or World Showcase. And I could ride Expedition Everest, ToT, and Haunted Mansion all day long if I could.

Eli is also a senior in college and had NEVER ever ever been to Disney World before he met me. I'm so glad I got to introduce him to the Disney magic.
He loves getting right in the center of planning our trips. He loves all of the trill rides the parks have to offer, and you will find him in Hollywood Studios or in line at World Showcase for beer. He loves Expedition Everest, ToT, Rock ‘n Rollercoaster, and Space Mountain.

As you can see, me and Eli went on this trip just the two of us. Which, some people ask why? Well....Disney is my happy place and I've introduced that magic to Eli. We have so much fun just the two of us going! We did get asked a few times "why would you go without kids?" My answer is because it's fun, there isn't that much stress, you can play a lot by ear.
This trip we did a whopping 76 attractions! That counts riding things multiple times and shows. But yeah, this was a very very busy, exhausting trip. But it was soooo much fun!

We first stayed at the Courtyard in Lake Buena Vista the night of December 13th
Then we stayed at our real Disney hotel, Coronado Springs from December 14th-21st. We did get the FREE Disney Dining plan!

I'm so excited to tell y'all about this amazing trip!! I hope y'all are ready for tons of pictures, tweets, laughs, some tears, and tons of food!

Table of Contents

Introduction

Day 1: December 13th, 2014:

Part 1: Getting Up Early Will Be The Death of Me
Part 2: I Am Completely Obsessed With Christmas Decorations
Part 3: Margaritas, sweet Margaritas

Day 2: December 14th, 2014:

Part 1: Check-In Time!!
Part 2: I'm Freaking Out Over a Ride? Must be going to Hollywood Studios
Part 3: Ready When You Are CB
Part 4: Where Did All the People go?
Part 5: The Best Kept Secret
Part 6: And at Last I See the (Christmas) Lights
Part 7: Some Imagination, Huh

Part 8: We Rode ToT How Many Times? And I Do Love a "Frozen" Snack

Day 3: December 15th, 2014:

Part 1: Adventures in Future World with Judi Dench
Part 2: Around the World in an Hour
Part 3: Yellow Tights are a Fashion Trend and I've Gotten Really Good at Changing in Disney Bathrooms

Part 4: Dinnertime and Explosions in the Sky

Day 4: December 16th, 2014:

Part 1: Took us an Hour to get here, but it was worth it
Part 2: Why Does Everything Keep Breaking? And Getting Judged in the Bathroom
Part 3: Running Around the Magic Kingdom is my Favorite
Part 4: Yes I Cried a Few Times on Main Street
Part 5: Childhood Dreams Coming True

Part 6: Mine Train at Midnight

Day 5: December 17th, 2014:
Part 1: The Wilderness Must Be Explored
Part 2: Everest, a Dance Party, and More Food
Part 3: Resort Hopping and Getting Lost

Day 6: December 18th, 2014:
Part 1: Did I Cry on RnR? Maybe, Maybe Not
Part 2: I Never Ever Want Christmas to End
Part 3: Why Did I Eat So Much and When Did I Get Married?

Day 7: December 19th, 2014:

Part 1: Sorry Eli, I'm Leaving You for Mickey
Part 2: Beer, Lederhousens, and Pretzel Bread
Part 3: Exploring (and falling asleep in) World Showcase
Part 4: Candlelight Processional
Part 5: French Food, Mickey Yoga Pants, and Soarin' Over California

Life Update

Day 8: December 20th, 2014:

Part 1: Best Day Ever!
Part 2: If you didn't go to Chef Mickeys, did you even go to Disney?

Day 9: December 21st, 2014:

Last edited:
December 13th Pt. 1: Getting Up Early Will Be The Death of Me

Okay so this post is going to be a little boring! It's the good ole travel day post! And I didn't take any pictures in the car or anywhere. Sorry!

Well, we were staying at my Dad's house in Greenville, SC. I had packed so much stuff to bring to my dad's..because I'm an over-packer...whoops.
We finished packing our two suitcases around midnight and we were waking up the next morning at 5am! Now..I am not a morning person at all. I hate getting up early, especially when it's still dark out!

Successfully we both got up on time and were out the door in record time! We were driving down to Orlando which didn't take as long as we thought it would.

We grabbed a quick breakfast at Starbucks around 6am off the interstate. We were the only people in there, and Eli and I needed caffeine desperately.

*A small sidenote* In October, I went on my 21st birthday Disney Cruise and me and my nana drove down to Port Canaveral. Traveling from Asheville, NC the easiest way to go is go through Columbia SC and get on I-95, well we sat in traffic for almost 3 hours which made that car ride painful...And I did not want that to happen again, especially wasting time that could be spent at Disney! So for this trip we decided to go through Atlanta and go on I-75. Okay, end of that.

We hardly hit any traffic through Atlanta. We made great time! No accidents, no traffic, it was great.

What is sleep, seriously have been up since 5:15. #nosleepjustdisney

But we're only 4 hours away!!

Eli can never count on me to drive, because I almost always fall asleep in the car. So he drove a majority of the way.

After stopping at Moe's for a quick lunch, we were almost to Orlando!

Passing Disney signs. *Heavy breathing*

We weren't checking into Coronado Springs until the next day so we booked a stay at the Courtyard in Lake Buena Vista, it's literally right across the street from the entrance of Disney.

I, of course, did not take any pictures! I had full intentions to but didn't. I was so exhausted from traveling all day and getting up at 5am!
We checked into our hotel around 3:30 and made it up to our room. We were on the top floor. It was a so-so room. Two double beds, a desk, tv, same old same old. It was a good size, and it was clean but the beds were very uncomfortable. There were also ants in the bathroom sink area. I was a little freaked out by that. But we figured it's just for one night, so it's not the end of the world. I think it was $110 total for the night. This price did not include breakfast, that was extra. I don't think we would stay there just because breakfast wasn't included, the beds were awful! Two people could not sleep comfortably in one bed and there were ants.

But after showering and resting for a little bit, we decided to carry on our first day at Disney tradition and go to Downtown Disney and then head over to the Contempo Cafe for dinner.

We drove over to Downtown Disney which was a complete mess! Because of their new parking arrangements, it takes a really long time to get through traffic and park if you're driving over.

Sitting in traffic is fine, because it's disney traffic.

We finally parked and walked over to the Marketplace and Eli basically had to drag me to the bus stop because I wanted to go into every store. We waited for a while for a bus at Downtown Disney and the bus was pretty packed.

Just drove by Cinderella's castle all lit up. I can't even contain myself.

We got onto the Contemporary bus and made our way to dinner. We love going to the Contempo Cafe, the food is delicious, we love the Contemporary, and we use it as an excuse to ride the monorail around.
Carry on our tradition, Eli got the spicy mahi sandwich with fries, and I got the hot turkey and brie sandwich with chips. We split a small soft drink as well. I think the total for dinner was around $22 for both of us.

So one of the only bad things I don't like about the Contempo Cafe is the lack of seating and how busy it usually is. We did go on a Saturday night around 6:30, so we both knew it was going to be busy. But it was still very delicious.

Next Post

December 13th Pt. 2: I'm completely obsessed with Christmas decorations

So after we finished up dinner, we decided to walk around the Contemporary for a little bit.
Like I mentioned before, Eli and I love traditions at Disney. So, on our first trip together this is what we did on our first night.

16179219825_8f88898a92_b.jpg

So, I am not the biggest Frozen fan. I really did like the movie, and the songs but I'm just more of a Tangled girl. Punzie is my girl. But I fell in LOVE with the Mary Blair inspired gingerbread display. Oh my goodness look how adorable they are!! Sven! I could just take him home with me!

15993161959_ca12c22f4c_b.jpg

15993425197_936f9b41e9_b.jpg

Eli was pretty amazed at the amount of real food they put into these displays, it is pretty amazing.

Okay so after me almost stealing Sven from the display...We went up to hop on the monorail.
We had to wait for two of them to fill up and go before getting on one! It was so busy.
We decided not to go to the Poly and walk around, womp womp, because we knew we would go there for breakfast one morning and also for dinner on our last night.
So the Grand Floridian was the next stop. *queue Emily taking millions of pictures of every and anything*

This resort is everything. I felt my heart melt as soon as we walked through the sliding doors on the second floor. The first thing you see is the giant tree, you hear the band playing classic Christmas music, and you smell...gingerbread.

16179218565_e13a72e82e_b.jpg

15993427327_85b12fa7d9_b.jpg

15556856594_bebc96ea15_b.jpg

So Eli has never been to Disney at Christmas time. Growing up, I used to always go the week of Christmas and stay through New Years so I knew what decorations to expect and what not. But goodness! You don't appreciate things until you're older! I was dying over the decorations on the stair railing....

16153417256_964b9ef2d8_b.jpg

I always loved the gingerbread house. I mean, it's a real gingerbread house! People are inside!!
I was so tempted to buy some goodies, but I stopped myself because I had over a week to eat a bunch of goodies.

15991784018_b6b2b2ce00_b.jpg

15556854794_1e0f29cf52_b.jpg

16153416816_89f0632455_b.jpg

15993158559_b17980963b_b.jpg

15993157179_e9ce1c92de_b.jpg

Hidden Mickey!!

We spent a lot of time at the Grand, especially in the lobby. The Christmas decorations are wonderful.

After wandering around the lobby and taking it all in, we decided to look in the gift shops and figure out what else we wanted to do.

15993421227_f8ae438629_b.jpg

Like I said before, I have a thing for Rapunzel.

After looking at the giftshops, we decided to walk around outside. It was a little chilly. I was in a thin jacket, t-shirt, and jeans and I was comfortable.

16177344911_6b2d8098c5_b.jpg

16177344341_5d31b99708_b.jpg

I love the Grand so much, especially the beach area. They were playing Nightmare Before Christmas on the beach when we walked by.
When we visited in October, they had not opened the Grand Floridian villas yet so we thought we would go explore.

The lobby is small and quiet. Definitely a huge difference than the Grand lobby.

15993155719_6d36f0dc66_b.jpg

15993155379_781397841d_b.jpg

15559427003_b06fd989a1_b.jpg

I loved the chandys in the lobby, stunning.

15991902160_9bf8297981_b.jpg

Even the bathrooms were Mary Poppins themed!

Walking around the Grand Floridian is perfect right now.

After walking around for a while, Downtown Disney sounded like a great idea.

15993154979_6829808ca0_b.jpg

Next Post

December 13th Part 3: Margaritas, sweet Margaritas

We got to Downtown Disney around 8:45-9 and got off the bus at the Marketplace.

I cannot wait to finally look at all the Disney merch that I obviously need to buy...

I was so excited to finally look at the Co-Op and all of the kitchen stuff they had. I fell in love with everything!

We went to the Christmas store which had these adorable Santa Mickey ornaments.

16177342891_7efcd903f5_b.jpg

15993153459_5170e7b316_b.jpg

We walked around the marketplace for a while and then headed over to Bongos to get a margarita. Now that I was 21, I could finally drink at Disney. Eli's 24, so he didn't have that problem last year.

16153409726_760d66315e_b.jpg

We both got the classic Bongo margarita, which was delicious. We sat in their outdoor seating area at a tall table and listened to their band play and of course got to people watch.

It was so busy! Which made sense, because it was a Saturday night.

After margs, we decided to make our way back to the Marketplace.

15556850414_c9884ecc6c_b.jpg

That Baymax apple is EVERYTHING!

We were both exhausted from a long day of driving and since we were getting up really early the next morning we figured it was time to call it a night.

Stay tuned for our first real day at Disney! Which park will we venture to? Will we have an amazing dinner? Or will we just decide to have a lazy day (ha!)

Next Post

December 14th Pt. 1: Check-In Time!!

I've just been so motivated to write my TR today! I'm just pumping them out.
Okay, so anyways.
We woke up around 7 to go and check into Coronado Springs! (yay!)

Up early to check into our real Disney hotel!

We brought our stuff back to the car and made the drive over. We didn't get breakfast included in our hotel, so we just decided to grab something at Peppers Market which is the quick service at Coronado.

Eli had already checked-in online and we had requested a top floor room. Our room was a preferred king room.
Check in was a breeze even though they told us our room wouldn't be ready for a few hours. We didn't mind because we were going to head to our first park!

16177339231_1de7615a26_b.jpg

After getting our anniversary button, we moved the car to the Casitas parking area which is where our room was located.
Then we walked over to breakfast.

All checked in and ready for breakfast!

15993414137_7b14f1ff3c_b.jpg

It was almost nine by the time we got back to Peppers.
We paid out of pocket for our breakfast and got our refillable mugs.
I had a ham and cheese omelet that was served with home fries and Eli had a chorizo hash sandwich with home fries.

15991777028_930d54d29c_b.jpg

Eli trying to fix my camera strap.

After breakfast we made our way over to bus stop number 1 right outside of the lobby to get on the bus for our first theme park! YAY!!
And the transportation Gods were looking out for us, because it didn't take too long to get a bus.

Next Post

December 14th Pt. 2: I'm Freaking Out Over a Ride? Must be going to Hollywood Studios

Yepp, we were heading to Hollywood Studios as our first park!

15559500593_ec532010c7_b.jpg

16179308595_f69053704c_b.jpg

15991996910_77ea413d4a_b.jpg

16153411456_a536f92180_b.jpg

After saying a quick hello to Walt, we made our way over to our first ride.

15559521273_d33531ff0b_b.jpg

We had fastpasses at 10:25-11:25 for Rock 'n Rollercoaster and made our way over to Sunset Boulevard.

15993148339_a771c5b04b_b.jpg

Now...I am not the biggest fan of RnR. It doesn't bother me that it goes upside down, I just hate the whole 0-60 thing. So as soon as I see the first limo of people shoot out I began to freak.

Brb having a heart attack because I hate rock 'n roller coaster.

15559422733_a21601d971_b.jpg

And as you can see, I was not happy...

After I recovered from my heart attack, we decided to go on Tower of Terror since there was a 30 minute wait. Eli and I had never waited in the queue and were excited to look at the details throughout the lobby and take some pictures.

I don't even care to wait in line at tower of terror.

Honestly the only reason I like riding tower of terror is because I like looking at all of the details in the queue.

16178549042_00d6c2de98_b.jpg

15991991230_4e02631dd0_b.jpg

15993242979_e4ca0ef215_b.jpg

15556937924_56809dd4fe_b.jpg

15993501967_97c6e4bbba_b.jpg

15993239699_ed1e87b0bf_b.jpg

16178433662_105598d474_b.jpg

Sorry for the horrible quality ride photo!

After ToT, we went over to ABC Commissary for lunch. We were paying out of pocket for this lunch. I got an Asian Salad, and I think Eli got a burger. I got a large coke for us to share and Eli got a cup of water.
It was a good lunch, nothing to write home about. It wasn't too crowded either.

16178455892_4fb6b0cbd3_b.jpg

Next Post

December 14th Part 3: Ready When You Are CB

So after finishing up lunch we had decided to go on The Great Movie Ride before our next fastpasses.
The Great Movie Ride has a special place in my heart, I just love how classic it is.
15993222789_6e6a31596e_b.jpg

Some more Christmas decorations!

15991987310_671a23de23_b.jpg

15991971600_2e89cf9366_b.jpg

15991848088_0d355ebc13_b.jpg

15559510663_14bb84882c_b.jpg

16153477366_7295214510_b.jpg

16153492426_f5e76c4fa2_b.jpg

15991969060_83e4a40114_b.jpg

We also had a fantastic tour guide, she was amazing!
By the time we got out of the Great Movie Ride it was time to head over to our second fastpass, Indian Jones Stunt Spectacular. It had been a very long time since I had seen this show, and it was packed!
I didn't take any pictures during the show. And it was just as good as I remembered!

Next Post

December 14th Part 4: Where Did All the People go?

We always have good luck when it comes to things ending at perfect times, etc, etc. We've got pretty good Disney luck. (hehe) Well, after Indiana Jones ended, it was time for our third fastpass at Tower of Terror. It was getting pretty crowded at this point in the afternoon.
Before we got in the fastpass line, Eli got a call from "Coronado Springs". Yeah, that's what it popped up as in his phone! They told us that are room still wasn't ready!! It was almost 3:00 at this point. They told us it would be ready within the hour and I told the very nice reservation lady that it was totally fine, because it was.
Soooo anyways.

We walked right up to ToT and probably waited 10 minutes in the boiler room area. Our elevator was barely full because there was no one else coming into that waiting area! It was so weird!! There was a 30+ minute wait outside, but no one was in the boiler room after us.
So our elevator had 10 people, and 8 of those people were in a group together. A group of I would say freshman high schoolers. It was hilarious! One girl was freaking out, a boy was obnoxiously screaming, and even though it was a little annoying, it was really really funny.

15559404933_3fb726f84a_b.jpg

I like the dude in the back...

After our very interesting ride on ToT, we decided it was time to head back to CS to see if our room was ready. The park was getting pretty busy and we knew we were coming back for EMH.

16179206695_f05f58aa1f_b.jpg

On our way out, I snapped this picture and sent it to my dad. My dad is a writer and one of his monthly magazine articles he writes is called "The Man about Town". I told him Mickey was trying to take over his article. Ha ha.

After waiting for what felt like a lifetime for a bus, we were finally on our way to CS. When I talked to the reception lady earlier, she told us our room number.
We got off at bus stop number 2 which was right in front of our building!

Our room was ready and I was so happy to see Mickey towels, it's the little things y'all.

15991773158_20c158f7b0_b.jpg

15556842854_5866346709_b.jpg

Aaaaaaand huge surprise, no pictures. I'm horrible I know.

Next Post

December 14th Part 5: The Best Kept Secret

I am on a roll with this thing! No neglect for this TR, no no. :woohoo:

Okay, so after getting into our room we decided to unpack everything which didn't take too long. After unpacking we took a little catnap and watched Stacey.
We didn't have ADR's so we were brainstorming where to eat for dinner. We were going back to HS for EMH but we knew that we didn't want to eat in the park, for obvious reasons.
I mentioned checking out the menu for Boardwalk Bakery. We decided that was a good choice and grabbed a bus to HS.
After getting off the bus, we immediately started walking over to the Boardwalk. The sun was setting and it was starting to get a little chilly out.

I love the walk over to the Boardwalk from HS, it probably took 15 minutes for us to get to the Boardwalk Bakery.

15991896430_dd5efdcd20_b.jpg

It wasn't busy when we got in. Eli and I both got lobster rolls. I got a side of chips and he got a side of tomato basil soup. And since we were using our dining plan, we each got a drink and a dessert. We both got soft drinks and Eli got a peanut butter banana bacon pie thing and I got a holiday cupcake. Both desserts were delicious!

16177333221_e4d2b77d31_b.jpg

16177332661_429b49c784_b.jpg

Now, I hate hate hate tomatoes. Tomato anything, blet. But I could not stop eating this! Eli was getting a little mad because I kept stealing bites (oops).

16178447292_b3502f59c7_b.jpg

15993407417_764d90fd16_b.jpg

Our meals were $59!!!! Y'all!!! I have never seen it that high! This was the best quick service value we had the whole trip. And it was delicious!

15556841744_c7a7290dd7_b.jpg

I will be going back to the Boardwalk Bakery for dinner, it was outstanding.

Our dinner at Boardwalk Bakery was amazing

I can't handle how chilly it is...

After dinner, it was dark out and it was getting close to time for Fantasmic and we wanted to see Osborn family lights too. We didn't have to wait too long for a Friendship boat to arrive. But goodness, it was packed! We had to stand in the very back of the outside part, and we still had to stop at the two other resorts.

16153401446_fc7c85a586_b.jpg

15991893710_e18b0e81e2_b.jpg

Next Post

Hey! Reading your report--sounds so wonderful! Great to see a fellow Tarheel on the boards. I'll be going to the World next Christmas, so I'm reading with pleasure!

December 14th Part 6: And at Last I See the (Christmas) Lights

So after we got off a very very crowded boat, we overheard a couple talking about the Osborn Family Lights. I had never seen them before so we didn't know the fastest way to get there. Well, we followed them. Me and Eli were taking a very brisk walk through Hollywood Studios following this couple. It was so funny because we would lose them, and then find them again.

15556838804_c094a92a9d_b.jpg

Okay maybe it's a little weird and creepy, but we got there very quickly.
Hollywood Studios was packed! It was insane! There were a ton of people heading towards Osborn Lights too. But we finally made it, and it was I can't even describe it. Gorgeous. Amazing.
Now, the thing about the lights is that there are a ton of people everywhere, and they're not walking around they're just standing there. There was a lot of "excuse us" "pardon me".
Honestly, the crowds didn't bother me because I was finally seeing the lights. Queue me singing "At Last I See the Light"

16179292735_a020fb83d1_b.jpg

16177330191_09f5fe50e7_b.jpg

15991767458_526b93a263_b.jpg

I was breathe-taken by this show. I mean, it was just very Christmasy (totally a word). There are a ton of hidden Mickey's to look for too!

15993141129_e8f2b6e3d1_b.jpg

15559415283_948e6f9f78_b.jpg

We slowly, very slowly, made our way down the Streets of America to look for more hidden Mickey's and to just take it all in. Every couple of songs they would match the song up with the lights and they would dance.

15993494357_a0c3de50c1_b.jpg

As you can see, the massive amount of people.

15991979290_a6960da13e_b.jpg

15991889230_aa37130595_b.jpg

15991764268_a77dc8ebb3_b.jpg

They would blow snow too! Which was really cool.

16177325841_23d68960c6_b.jpg

15559412113_4626caec65_b.jpg

See the hidden Mickey behind Eli!

15993228309_b617896d97_b.jpg

15991903020_ddea968a3d_b.jpg

As you can see, this girl was pretty happy!

15559493303_66bba4a3b3_b.jpg

16178438982_369ae72f69_b.jpg

On our way out, we found the hidden cat!

We stayed and looked at the lights until 7:30 when we made our way over to Fantasmic.

Next Post

Hey! Reading your report--sounds so wonderful! Great to see a fellow Tarheel on the boards. I'll be going to the World next Christmas, so I'm reading with pleasure!

Hello fellow Tarheel (my best friend lives in Durham, such a small world)!! Thanks so much for following along! Christmas at Disney is the most amazing thing in the world, we had so much fun. Hope we're giving you some ideas of what y'all want to do when you're there!

December 14th Pt. 7: Some Imagination, Huh

Fantasmic was showing two shows this night and it worked out perfectly because it had EMH until 10 and we were planning on just riding ToT and stupid Rock 'n Rollercoaster which is all located in the same area.
Anywhooo. We didn't get a chance to see Fantasmic last trip because we had dinner reservations during the show time.
HS was really crowded at this point and it had gotten really cold!! I'm from NC, and where I go to school it gets really really cold, I mean it was 0 degrees one weekend. It was just weird being in Florida and having it so cold. But I was pretty warm in my pullover and leggings.

15556832134_66af779006_b.jpg

It had been a really long time since I had been at HS at nighttime, and I just loved it!

15991885960_286e712d92_b.jpg

The Fantasmic arena was packed by the time we got there, and we got there 20 minutes before the show started. We were either in Jafar or Maleficent I can't remember. Pretty sure it was Maleficent. And we were pretty close to the front which was nice!

I didn't take a lot of pictures during the show, just because I wanted to watch the show and not worry about my phone or camera.

15991885420_372ee3d758_b.jpg

I did take pictures at my favorite part though!

16178437512_4c21a8a3b6_b.jpg

16153393416_9dd1f36e13_b.jpg

Look at all of them, my heart just melts.

After the show was over, it was a madhouse trying to leave. We stood and waited for someone to let us up the stairs. I am not the kind of aggressive person to push so I just wait for someone nice to let me go.
It took about 5-10 minutes to make our way out which gave us time to make a game plan on what we wanted to get done during EMH.

Next Post

December 14th Pt. 8: We Rode ToT How Many Times? And I Do Love a "Frozen" Snack

So after getting out of the mess of people from Fantasmic, we walked right over to ToT. Eli and I had never ridden it at night, which was really cool! And kind of creepy. Okay, it was really creepy.

15993134489_90156714a9_b.jpg

15993152739_4ce7d48e82_b.jpg

I think we waited about 20 minutes and it was great because I got some more pictures of the lobby area.

15993397867_82ea1e1ede_b.jpg

15993397537_59ee6075a7_b.jpg

When we got into the library, no joke me and Eli quoted just about every word of the intro video.

After the ride had ended and right before you exit the elevator you know how a bellhop comes and tells you to exit and stuff, well this time no one came. And we sat and waited and waited and waited and the lights even turned off!! There were people in the elevator with us like "hello, what just happened, how do we get off" We waited I guess for 3 minutes, which felt like a lifetime!

After our very interesting experience on ToT, we walked over to RnR. Booooooo.
It was a 20 minute wait as well. We were standing behind this very odd family. This girl was convienced that ToT wasn't supposed to drop at all. She said that the people who worked there did that to scare her. Very..strange. I love eavesdropping in line, I can't help it.

16178435712_897c4d6ef5_b.jpg

I took this while waiting in like at RnR.

Well, after making our way through the queue we watched the preshow and then thats when I saw the car shoot out. I was getting nervous....
I honestly don't mind going upside down, I just hate the anticipation of waiting to be shot out and then shooting out. I hate hate hate it. And I always end up with these beeeautiful ride photos.

16028608910_6a39015a2b.jpg

Stupid ride...stupid stupid.

When we were viewing our ride photo, I heard a guy go "that girl looks really scared". Not funny sir...

We had about 25 minutes or so until EMH were over and the park closed so we decided to ride ToT one last time before leaving.
It took us 10-15 minutes to wait in line but we made it through and when we got off, we noticed we had exactly 2 minutes until the park closed.
We decided to ride ToT one more time! There was no wait this time, and the bellhop we had escorting us into the library was super creepy. I love when cast members get into their rolls like that.

But yes, we rode RnR once and ToT three times in less than two hours, which was pretty awesome.

16177320781_a44139f591_b.jpg

It was probably 10 after 10 when we started to leave the park. It was nice how empty it was! The only people left were exiting ToT and RnR.

16153390956_cf91a6552d_b.jpg

Bye hat!

15559406993_8defddaf01_b.jpg

15559406453_d9ffc85951_b.jpg

16177319221_1b0a177683_b.jpg

We didn't have to wait too long to get a bus back to Coronado Springs. And the good thing about our hotel was that it's not too far from Hollywood Studios.
When we got back to the room we decided to grab our refillable mugs and grab a late night snack.
Since we were located in Casitas, it didn't take us long to get to the main building which was really handy.

We both refilled our mugs and went over to the gift shop just to see what they had. And because I really wanted a Rice Krispie treat.

15991878690_d27a786b41_b.jpg

After getting my snack and soda, we walked back to the room.
We both decided to look at our ride photos and were surprised that ToT shows a ride video! So we watched all 5 of our videos.

Next time we will be traveling (and drinking) around the world!

Next Post

Following along- can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! Looks like you guys had a great time!

December 15th Pt 1: Adventures in Future World with Judi Dench

Eli and I woke up around 7:30 to start getting ready for our exciting day at Epcot! We wanted to get there right when the park opened. We packed up my backpack with a change of shirt for me for dinner and another jacket/hoodie if it got colder. It was supposed to be kind of chilly all day so we both wore jeans. Booo cold.

Epcot Epcot Epcot!!!

I don’t remember what Eli ate for breakfast, I think French toast. But I had Mickey waffles because I am totally an adult.

16215618662_23d2c0cf73_b.jpg

After finishing up breakfast we made our way to bus stop number one right outside of the lobby. The bad thing about Coronado Springs is that there are multiple bus stops and if you’re very unlucky, by the time your bus comes it might be full.
We ran into this problem today. We were very glad we decided to get up early.

There were the most unpleasant people at the bus stop though this large family, probably three couples and then five or six small children. The adults were loudly and very obnoxiously complaining about the transportation and being really rude about it. And then they were LOUDLY in front of their children and other children, “None of the princesses are real, they’re all actors. I try to make them crack their character it’s really funny”. I was just so irritated but thankfully they did not get on the Epcot bus.

listening to parents complain about transportation, stop

We got to Epcot right at 8:58 and as soon as we were let in we went straight over to Test Track. It had a 30-minute wait, already! But we decided since we didn’t have a fastpass for it that day we might as well wait.

16030313089_4fcbcb49d1_b.jpg

I still miss the old Test Track....

16030312609_3df6f83bd6_b.jpg

Our wonderful car that got 1st place in I think everything.

After Test Track we decided to cut through Mouse Gears and go on Spaceship Earth.

I fell in LOVE with these Christmas ornaments (well, all of the Christmas merch).

16214540151_6a4b606ef2_b.jpg

I'll take one of each please.

There was a 20 minute wait for Spaceship Earth when we arrived. So this gave us time to figure out some things we wanted to do.

16030310739_8bd4c6973a_b.jpg

Ugh, the love I have for this ride is unreal. The smell of Rome...finding Hidden Mickey's...Thanking the Phoenicians. How can you not love this ride?

16190532576_1a63af497e_b.jpg

We sure do love taking really ugly pictures on this ride though. It's hilarious, well, we think it is.

16216430375_1d32df2ca8_b.jpg

Since nothing in World Showcase was open yet, we decided to kill some time over in Future World.

Living with the Land was next on our to-do list.

15596562553_a32196b1db_b.jpg

Oh and of course, there were like eight people on our boat taking flash pictures. My big pet peeve.

Next was Journey into your Imagination since there was a 5 minute wait, and we were right there.
I still miss the Dreamfinder and old Figment. Boohoo. But this ride is still cute, and that song will be stuck in your head all day.
IIIIMMAAAAAGGGINATION. Y'all know what I'm talking about.

Up next, we take on World Showcase!

Next Post

Emily, as I promised in response to your post on my TR, I'm here...just took me a bit longer than I thought.

I am all caught up; I wrote down a few notes.

When people ask why we go to Disney without kids we tell them we are kids...just in grown up bodies. :) We've been doing just DH and I since 2007.

I've not eaten at the Contempo Café in awhile; I'll have to get back there.

DTD was a disaster in September with all that construction. I have both of those ornaments...Mickey and Minnie.

I HATE Rock & Roll and will never do it again. Mark goes and does that while I do Tower of Terror--my FAVORITE ride. Mark can't do TOT since his neck surgery.

I'm glad you got to see Indiana Jones...especially if the rumors are correct and it is permanently closing.

We saw the Osborne Lights for the first time in 2012 and then went again in 2013. I was very sad we didn't get there this year. My all time favorite show...just spectacular.

We must do Fantasmic this year...it's been awhile.

I love how many times you got on TOT.

I'm a little out of order here. We will probably never stay at the Grand Floridian (my husband detests it), but their Christmas decorations are the best...hands down.

We have stayed at the Coronado ten times. We really love it. The only reason we don't now is that we rent points and always stay DVC.

Okay...I think that is everything. Carry on.

Following along! I would LOVE to see Disney at Christmas!

Those decorations at the GF are beautiful!

Can't wait to read more about your adventures at Epcot!

Following. We are going to be at Disney at Christmas next year. I'm in VA, so I appreciate your clothing input. I probably would have only packed shorts and tees, not realizing it can get chilly enough for jeans. It IS Florida, after all. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter