A very merry unbirthday to me & you & you!!! A 4 generation land and sea adventure!!!

Holly Quinlan

If I gave Pudge tuna I'd be an abomination
Hello and welcome to my first ever Pre trip report! This is our second Disney trip as a family.

Trip Details: November 13th-16th 2015 at WDW. November 16th-20th 2015 on the Disney Dream. It will be DH, DS, ME, DM, and DGM, DGF I will probably call them the snow birds for much of this report but more on that later

Introductions

Me

My name is Holly I'm 27 years old. I've been a nurse for 7 years. I have one DS who will turn 5 in April and I love all things Disney!

Favorite movie: If I had to choose one (I can't) it would be Beauty and the Beast or Lilo and Stitch. But stitch is my favorite character!

Favorite Park: I cant choose I love them all!

Favorite ride: Haunted mansion, Tower of terror and people mover.

DH we call him RC

He is 29 years old and currently works for a chicken processing plant. Sounds boring but I bet you cant guess one of the places he makes chicken products for yuck! that just sounds gross to me Did you figure it out yet? Yep Disney Parks! Not so boring nowbut still gross He refuses to call himself a Disney lover but he's coming around. I catch him watching Disney videos on YouTube! all the time :rotfl:

favorite movie: Peter Pan

Favorite Park: Hollywood studios, but this might change of they get rid of the stunt show.:sad2:

Favorite ride: Space mountain

DS Jack

He turns 5 in April. Right now he is in pre kindergarten. His current interests are Dinosaurs, Minecraft, Disney and girls:scared:. He is pretty much fearless. We have chart with all the height requirements on it and he makes me measure him everyday. WE MUST RIDE DINOSAUR AND EVEREST!

Favorite movie: Who knows He's 4 so right now its Toy Story. Next week it will be something different.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

Favorite Ride: Everest not that he's actually been on it :rolleyes: but he is a little obsessed with it.

DM (My mom) mamaw Debbie
Sorry but this is the only picture I have of her right now :sad2: but I'm putting it on my to do list right now!

I'm not going to post her age but if you want to calculate it she was born in 1963. :teacher: She Just graduated school to become a medical assistant so this vacation is long overdue. She thinks my "obsession" with all things Disney is crazy so I'm still working on her. I think one trip to Animal Kingdom is all it will take!

Favorite movie: Finding Nemo or Toy Story

Favorite Park: She has never been so we will find out! But if I had to guess it would be Animal Kingdom

Favorite Ride: Again we will find out but I'm putting my money on Kilimanjaro Safaris.:thumbsup2

Last but not least we have DGM and DGF I will be calling them the Snow birds.

I call them the Snow Birds because they use to live 6 months in Ohio and 6 months in Florida but now they are permanent Florida residents. They live 1 hour from Disney World. They are in their 70's and very active. I cant even name all the things that they do. They have had AP's for the past several years and probably go to Disney twice a month.

Favorite Movie: They like the older ones.

Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom

Favorite Ride: DGM Splash Mountain DGF Soarin

A little Background
We took our first Family trip last October/November.

I planned and planned for this trip. I had everything planned out down to the minute:lmao: yep didn't end up working out the way I planned. I made matching shirts DS's autograph book and mousekeepig/dining tip envelopes. I went crazy with the planning but it was all worth it. Planning was part of the fun for me. We LOVED the MNSSHP! We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and I fell in Love with it.The snow birds spent the first and last days with us.
After we were home the plan was to go back every other year so I started planning for 2015.

THEN I thought how awesome would it be to take a Disney Cruise so I booked it on opening day. We were originally just going to do the 4 night cruise and be done but I couldn't get Disney World out of my mind so we are planning to spend 3 nights there before the cruise. The more I planned the more I realized we would be returning to Disney over and over so I started looking into DVC. I researched the heck out of it! Thanks everyone on the DIS for the help! Once I had all my facts and info I presented it to DH.He is a HUGE Nascar fan so I might have stressed that we could travel to Daytona or Hilton Head and stay on DVC points and see a race (I'm not even sure how far Hilton Head is from a racetrack but whatever.)...and he agreed!:dance3. So back in September we made an offer on a resale contract at BLT and we just sent in our closing documents! So now I'm just waiting until I can book at my 11 month mark. We are hoping for a 2 bedroom at BLT or VGF.
Thanks everyone who joins in!!:wave2:

Anyone know how long closing on a resale contract should take? I sent paperwork in 2 weeks ago

Following along! Sounds like a fun family vacation! We did our first Disney Cruise holiday last year aboard the Dream too, it was so much fun, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Shannon

I worked on our magnets for our stateroom door today! I think I've gone a little overboard on them. We also decided that we will try and stay at VGF instead of BLT assuming we can get in at 7 months. Since it will be such a short trip we can swing it with our points and probably wont be able to again.

I wanted to post these pics of our tree with the monorail around it my DS just sits and watches it forever.

The niece loves it too!

Thought I was finished covering my magnets today but now I have to make more. Originally the snowbirds were only going to Disney World with us but today they FINALLY decided to go on the cruise as well. I knew they would eventually but I was starting to worry I didn't think it would take this long :woohoo: I was lucky and I found a room for them right across the hall from us! SCORE! Now I guess its time to look at all the port adventures again and find something everyone will like. Any suggestions? Here are just a small fraction of my magnets I cant thank the FB page graphics for all lovers of Disney enough for all their help

Hi there, joining in :wave2: Found your link on the March 2015 thread as DH and I are going 3/5-3/9 for a short anniversary trip :love:.

I keep trying to talk myself into a Disney Cruise but I'm so afraid of seasickness lol! Look forward to reading more :)

Hi there, joining in :wave2: Found your link on the March 2015 thread as DH and I are going 3/5-3/9 for a short anniversary trip :love:.

I keep trying to talk myself into a Disney Cruise but I'm so afraid of seasickness lol! Look forward to reading more :)

Welcome!!:scratchin not sure how/why it ended up on the march 2015 thread we are going in November but would love to have you anyway!

Welcome!!:scratchin not sure how/why it ended up on the march 2015 thread we are going in November but would love to have you anyway!

Oops, thats's my fault :blush: We're going in Nov. also so I've been reading/posting on the March AND Nov. threads lol!

So in that case-

Found your link on the Nov. thread ;) Still look forward to reading more!

I followed you from the November thread too! We bought directly from Disney, so I have no advice on how long the closing takes. You son is just adorable, and the cruise magnets came out great! Looking forward to following along with your planning.

I followed you from the November thread too! We bought directly from Disney, so I have no advice on how long the closing takes. You son is just adorable, and the cruise magnets came out great! Looking forward to following along with your planning.

Thank you! I definitely went overboard with the magnets. We did finally close but the issue was getting all the info from MS pretty sure that took longer than normal.

298 days!:cool1: I cant believe I booked our cruise way back in may feels so long ago.

Lots of picture updates today!!Look what came in the mail!!

I was excited/surprised to get this but does anyone else think this is a waste of money? I love how personalized it is but just feel that they could be doing so much more with all the $$$ this is probably costing them. :confused3 Hopefully they don't send a new one when I switch resorts at my 7 month window. I've decided to switch from BLT to AKV to save some points, just cant justify spending all those points on a 3 night stay.:teacher:

I bought the family some car decals for Christmas to go with our DVC purchase and have been waiting for it to warm up a little so we could apply them. I thought I would have to wait until march but the other day it was 50 outside:beach:so I figured why not?? I Love them!!!:love:

anyone know the best way to get out small air bubbles? I love how these next ones came out and love the fact that they were only $1.50 each much cheaper than Disney's prices and I don't think Disney offers different colors.

Since Me my mom and my grandma will be celebrating Birthdays this trip
I'm going to have a cake made for our WDW portion. I've been looking everywhere trying to find something that the adults would like and I think I've found something but I'm still deciding on flavor.

My big decision this week is where we will eat dinner and how many meals we will eat in the villa. I know our big meal out will either be Ohana or Boma. Any suggestions?

Following along!! We are planning on a 4day weekend trip to WDW in October and doing a MNSSHP which I am REALLY excited about!! We live in MO but have only ever been to Disneyland but the only way we could go for the Halloween party is by going to FL so we are going to give it a go, it will be just the party plus one day at MK. My kids have seen the Disney cruise commercials and keep saying they want to go but I am a little freaked out about it I did look into some pricing and they weren't bad but Im not so sure about being in the middle of the ocean!!

Welcome!! You will love MNSSHP we went in 2013 dressed as Jake and the never land pirates just make sure you rest the day of the party we didn't and it was a big mistake. I'm a little nervous about being in open water but hopefully it won't be too bad.
Following along!! We are planning on a 4day weekend trip to WDW in October and doing a MNSSHP which I am REALLY excited about!! We live in MO but have only ever been to Disneyland but the only way we could go for the Halloween party is by going to FL so we are going to give it a go, it will be just the party plus one day at MK. My kids have seen the Disney cruise commercials and keep saying they want to go but I am a little freaked out about it I did look into some pricing and they weren't bad but Im not so sure about being in the middle of the ocean!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter