A very stupid question about lanyards

Cruz Family

DIS Veteran
I know this is going to sound very stupid but here goes

Last year my DH and I took our children to WDW for the first time. As part of our package each child received lanyards and a starter pin. They each bought a couple more pins with their disney dollars and that was that, Until today when my 7yr old asked me what is the clip for? I looked at the lanyard and there is a clip on the end. Well I guess mommy does not know everything. Could someone please let me know exactly what the clip is for so I can renew my childs faith in me. Thanks for your help, Melissa

There are a couple things the clip can be used for:

* Lanyard Hangers: There are some metal hangers that can be bought (Disney characters, castles, etc.) and clipped on there. These are both decorative and can help keep the lanyards straight. When there are lots of pins on the lanyard, it can twist pretty easily.

* Fast Pass / Ticket / Room Key holders. These can be bought and clipped on to the lanyard to hold your tickets and/or Fast Passes and Room Keys.

I'm sure there are others, but those are two that I can think of.

Be careful with wearing the lanyards full of pins. My DD and DS found the full lanyards to be heavy and as they flip around on rides, etc. a couple of the backs would come loose. Luckily we found the backs but by that time they were tucked away safely in my fanny back until we got back to the resort. The pin backs do not stand up to full and active days at the parks. :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

You can also clip the new Pal Mickey to your lanyard so you don't have to carry him around.

See....there are no stupid lanyard questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter