A warning...

JoeSam

Mouseketeer
....for anyone who books online. A colleague of DH at work loves DLP too. They have both been getting excited about their upcoming trips for a while - hers is booked for 15th Dec at the HNY.

Anyway, when we got back from DLP this week, she had this tale to tell..

She had booked at home where her printer wasn't working. So one day at work she logged on to print out her reservation details, only to discover her booking was for 15th November which had already gone! She had to go home immediately in floods of tears!! Apparently she had accidently scrolled back on the drop down months bit without realising. Her husband has phoned Disney to see if they can do anything, but they haven't heard back yet. She's still going to go, cos she has flights booked, but it will cost her an extra £800 or so, and wipe out her Xmas/spending money.

DH being usual sensitive self laughed - but I nearly cried for her when he was telling me about it! I think this is an easy mistake to make with the scrolling months bit.

:goodvibes Thanks for the warning, it's so easy to accidently scroll without noticing! I hope they sort it out for her. Keep us informed :goodvibes

Oh dear how awful! That is far too easy to do though. I've nearly been caught out myself with online purchases when I've accidentally caught the date line or something. I wish they would just allow folks to type in the date rather than having the options. Much easier and less likely to go wrong

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just out of interest, I have added a GMF breakfasts to my booking, and a difference in room type, and paid off all the money owed to them. I have no up to date confirmation etc - should I get them to post me one out before I go?

thanks., SC

That's bad news, hopefully Disney can help in some way - hope so!

I got stung by booking on-line with Disney for my last trip, they take all the cost up front as oppose to a 10% deposit like they do on the phone.

I didn't realise until too late (my own fault I suppose) but I rang and wrote asking for a refund as per phone bookings but no joy at all. The annoying thing was I booked in the November for the following September so they had my money for 9 months more than normal :confused3

Don't know why on-line has got to be any different to phone bookings, but I stick to the phone now

An update - Disney have agreed to honour her booking!! Isn't that wonderful? The only thing is, they had no rooms left for her last night on Saturday in HNY - the only room she could get is in the DLH. So she has paid the extra and now gets a lovely last night in the beautiful DLH. So it has all ended well!

She is very, very, very lucky !! Disney didn't have to do that. I'm really pleased for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter