A Woodland Creature, The Quinn-cess, and NO STROLLER??!!?? (February 2013)

Sarah_Rose

DIS Veteran
So, we were going to take a Disney break until 2014..... which means, of course, that here comes the 2013 pre-trip report. ;) :cool1:

Dates: February 5-11, 2013

The People:

Sarah
IMG_0455.jpg

Favorite Disney Character: Pluto
Favorite Disney Movie: Finding Nemo
The trip planner, the photographer, and the one who needs to stop talking about Disney. ;) Multiple trips to Disney World, Disneyland, and Disneyland Paris.

James
IMG_0452.jpg

Favorite Disney Character: Mike Wazowski
Favorite Disney Movie: Monsters Inc.
Partner in crime, toddler wrangler, official beer taster. Also, multiple trips to WDW, DL, and DLRP.

Callum
IMG_2492.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Favorite Disney Character: Nemo ("Mee-oh!")
Favorite Disney Movie: Finding Nemo, Cars, Lion King (it's a tie. ;) )
Resident Woodland Creature - 2.5 year old. Compulsive toddler organizer, jumper from high places, and critic.

The Quinn-cess
IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

Six months old and along for the ride. Likes songs, learning to crawl, and banana mush. Also, pretty much the most agreeable baby out there. She will be 9 months old at the time of the trip.

The Trip Report

So, why the pre-trip report? Mostly because I need a place to collect thoughts and plans, without annoying the crap out of the rest of my family (both immediate and extended) with my obsessive planning talk. Expect pictures of custom things that I sew and crochet for the trip, as well as some cute things that I pick up for the kids along the way Also, I'm trying VERY hard to save money for this trip, so expect a bit of a "No Buy" commentary as I keep myself accountable to not spending money. Especially with the holidays coming up. :rolleyes:

And what's with the title? Why would a family with two YOUNG kids go to WDW without a STROLLER????

That is a great question that I'm still trying to figure out, myself. When Callum was a little baby, he HATED the stroller, and not much has changed since then. He likes it as a thing to push around, a thing to climb on, and a thing to yell and thrash in if we try to make him sit in it. Darn. And then came The Quinncess, and I suddenly became a mom to two under the age of two. The very first time that I pushed a stroller (with a toddler helping to push!) to the playground and then left it sitting under a tree with my newborn, only to run back to check on her every 30 seconds while she napped.... well, I decided there had to be a better way. I discovered babywearing in a hardcore way, and we haven't looked back. I now own the largest collection of baby carriers in my postal code. :rolleyes1

IMG_2605.jpg

So, when James asked if we really NEEDED to bring a stroller to Disney World, I started to think. No, we really DON'T need one! I think. We'll see. So, here I go trying to find the perfect arsenal of baby carriers for a toddler and a 9 month old to take to WDW. Will I end up renting a stroller after the first day? We'll find out soon!

Also, general plans and travel info coming in the next post. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter