• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AA, almost double the price leaving Friday instead of Thursday!

Keacc

DIS Veteran
We are taking a tour to Scotland and Ireland on May 28th of 2022 thru June 10th. It is an over night flight. Here is the difference between leaving on either Thursday the 26th and Friday the 27th using the exact same flights. Are they really serious?

$ 4,393 average per person Flagship® Business

Total $8,784.70 (all passengers)

Chicago, IL to Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Thursday, May 26, 2022 1 stop in Phl

Dublin, Ireland to Chicago, IL
Friday, June 10, 2022 non-stop

If we left on Friday instead of Thursday

$ 7,893 average per person Flagship® Business

Total $15,784.70 (all passengers)
Chicago, IL to Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Friday, May 27, 2022 1 stop in Phl

Dublin, Ireland to Chicago, IL
Friday, June 10, 2022 non-stop

More people fly on Friday than Thursday, so it makes sense it would be more expensive...and I guess demand is THAT MUCH HIGHER that the price would be that much higher.

Generally, the cheapest days to fly are on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I always price out leaving on a Thursday. Depending on the flight it can be much cheaper, even when factoring in another night in a hotel and meals.

Business class on a Friday vs Thursday, yep those prices are right inline with what I’ve seen for years. Fridays are an extremely popular day for business travelers, who are often in business class.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter