AAA discount

KyGirl

Mouseketeer
We have a tent site booked for four nights in early November. We just signed up for AAA and were told we'd be able to use it to get discounts at Disney. I called to see if they'd apply the discount to our existing reservation and the girl on the phone tried but said it didn't do anything. Does that make sense? I asked her why and she said she didn't know. Does AAA not apply to campsites or is it some other small print detail I'm not understanding? Do any of you experts have any experience with this? Thanks!

We went through AAA and we were told in order to get the AAA discount at Disney we had to book through AAA. Which we did. The discount was minor but it was something.

AAA does provide discounts on camp sites, but only if they are available. The number of sites are limited. It can be as high as 20% depending on season and time of year. If the cast member sounded confused or unsure, call back and try to get the discount from another representative.

AAA and Disney reservations can do the discount, lately it seems the discount is only been on premium sites.

We've gotten a AAA discount on sites before, but as PP noted, they're limited in supply and IIRC they may not be offered all times of the year either.

Keep calling back, we made a reservation for last april and they had no AAA discounts we called back in march and got the discount for apr. They release the AAA discounts every so often, it seems to me it by how their reservations are filling up or not.

Good luck with getting the AAA discount. I have been a member for 30+ years, and I have asked for a AAA discount on almost every FW reservation I have had in the past few years. I have never received a AAA discount.

Never.

And, as I'm sure you have found, there are not many things in this world more annoying and aggravating than navigating the Disney phone system just to ask for them to check for a discount.

As it has been explained to me, there are a limited number of discounts offered. If you call, and one is available, they will give it to you. If not, then you just wasted about ten or maybe even twenty minutes of your life, but you can try again! You have to rely on the friendly castmember to check the computer to see if there is a discount. I'm convinced that most of the time, they don't even bother looking. Why should they? You already have a reservation at full rate, and have paid a deposit.

It's enough to make me want to boycott Disney.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter