AAA vs. Disney

OverplanninJess

Life's just so much fun when there's a Disney vaca
I was wondering if it was possible to purchase the dining plan seperately though AAA (we've already booked our tickets/room package through Disney) :confused3

Yes. You may book the dining plan through AAA but you will have to cancel your trip you booked from Disney. :goofy:

Can't you just add it on through Disney? AAA does not offer a discount of the dining plan..at least that is what I was told.

I didn't realize you could add on the dining plan after you had already booked your package...my mistake! :rotfl:

You can add the dining plan after you book a ressie IF your ressie includes a room and park tickets. However, certain discounted room rates can't add the plan unless they lose the discounted room.

THere is no advantage to adding the dining plan thru AAA (that I know of). Why not just add it thru Disney? Alternatively, you can "transfer" the ressie to AAA...but this seems like an unnecessary step.

I booked a room and tickets through Disney. I have AAA so I got a discount on my room. I called and wanted to add the dining plan and was told I could but I would lose my AAA discount because that would make my ressie a pkg. and only AAA could give me a discount on a pkg. I went to my local AAA and got the MYW pkg. with dining and then was able to have a AAA discount. The agent called Disney and cancelled my ressie with my permission. I made out better booking through AAA. It was my first time. I'd called to make sure but that's how it went for me. :)

kcashner said:
You can add the dining plan after you book a ressie IF your ressie includes a room and park tickets. However, certain discounted room rates can't add the plan unless they lose the discounted room.

THere is no advantage to adding the dining plan thru AAA (that I know of). Why not just add it thru Disney? Alternatively, you can "transfer" the ressie to AAA...but this seems like an unnecessary step.

Booking through a AAA TA, not directly with Disney and not with a general internet Disney TA, is the only way to add MYW Dining to a AAA discounted hotel room.

We booked our first trip in January for June and we did everything through AAA because the quoted price for our family (4 adults, 1 child) staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, staying for 7 days 6 nights with park hopping and dining plan @ Disney was about 5 grand and with AAA we saved about $1500. SO it worked really well for us, since this is our first trip. :cool1:

fancythemouse said:
We booked our first trip in January for June and we did everything through AAA because the quoted price for our family (4 adults, 1 child) staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, staying for 7 days 6 nights with park hopping and dining plan @ Disney was about 5 grand and with AAA we saved about $1500. SO it worked really well for us, since this is our first trip. :cool1:

Did you realy save $1500 on your trip?? I'm so impressed!! We booked a package through AAA, 3 adults, 1 Jr, 9 nights at WL, 6 day park hoppers w/dining and only saved about $360. How did you do it?!?! The only discount I know of through AAA is on the room portion of the trip, in my case 15% off rack rate, in yours 20%. Am I missing something?

Pooch

pooch said:
Did you realy save $1500 on your trip?? I'm so impressed!! We booked a package through AAA, 3 adults, 1 Jr, 9 nights at WL, 6 day park hoppers w/dining and only saved about $360. How did you do it?!?! The only discount I know of through AAA is on the room portion of the trip, in my case 15% off rack rate, in yours 20%. Am I missing something?

Pooch

well our total came out to around 3,500 (this includes airfare, tickets, hotel and I believe the dining plan) when we checked to go through disney it would have been 5,000. SO AAA saved us money not just on hotel but airfair as well, and we bought it as a package as shown in the AAA magazine called westways.

Disney doesn't discount airfair much. In fact, airfair thru Disney is quite expensive. You may be able to save that much on airfair alone thru AAA. My package thru AAA with no airfair saved me about $200 and I added dining.

if that still includes dining plan. Our original ressies were for CSR (moderate) for 9 nights (a few more than you) with dining but no flight came to about $3300. Of course I don't know where you're flying from. We're in CT and flights right now are VERY expensive (come on SW!!!) Just don't want you to be surprised. Hope you have a great time and congratulations on your graduation!!! :cheer2:

Pooch

hi Jess, :wave:
I had booked our package in Aug. at AKL (7 day park hopper w/dining for 2A, 3C) through Disney months ago. I learned about the AAA discounts from this site and joined AAA last week. My agent was able to take over my existing Disney reservation AND save me over $200. :yay: All I had to do was fax Disney authorizing AAA to take over my resv. It was so simple. Good luck - hope it works out well for you.
Honu

OverplanninJess said:
I was wondering if it was possible to purchase the dining plan seperately though AAA (we've already booked our tickets/room package through Disney) :confused3

fancythemouse said:
well our total came out to around 3,500 (this includes airfare, tickets, hotel and I believe the dining plan) when we checked to go through disney it would have been 5,000. SO AAA saved us money not just on hotel but airfair as well, and we bought it as a package as shown in the AAA magazine called westways.

Congrats on your graduation! :yay:

Thanks for your info. I am looking into taking my mom May 25-29 (our district just informed us we'll be getting the friday before Memorial Day weekend because we didn't use snow days) :teacher: . You've inspired me to call AAA. Thanks!

well i have just been corrected, our TOTAL price was around 4300, thats because of the dining plan, we hadnt calculated it in yet..but still thats pretty goood...

and even $700 is a great deal!! Definitely makes AAA worth it!! Again, congrats on your graduation & have a great trip!!

Pooch

Can anyone fill me in on the basic cost of a AAA membership? Do they have a website where the WDW package discounts are listed?

mla973 said:
Can anyone fill me in on the basic cost of a AAA membership? Do they have a website where the WDW package discounts are listed?

Well, for the New York club, you can't check the discounts online, you have to call a TA at the AAA. However, you can call them to inquire and then decide to join. Hope it helps. (we use AAA because I had a flat tire once, and I was like 65 miles from home and the tire iron broke. It cost a fortune to get our tow guy to come and help me out) Good investmet to make, though. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter