AAA website Discount question

stanley

Veteran WDW Philosopher
Are the rates on the website different for members as opposed to non-members?
I entered info for hotel only and I did not see any restrictions that you had to be a member to get the discount.

I just checked the AAA web site this morning to see if it showed discounted rates, and it showed the same room-only rates as on Disney's site.

I think you have to call AAA to book AAA rates through AAA. BUT, you can just call Disney direct and book AAA rates, too.

Ressies seem easier to change if booked straight through Disney.

The rate I found on the website for my dates was $188 (Tax included) for
WL (std) and $141 tax included (std ) for CBR and PO Riverside. The rates weren't better but I don't want to get an AP this year.

If you are member of AAA, you need to set up login in account. Then when you login it shows the discounted prices.

tkldisney said:
If you are member of AAA, you need to set up login in account. Then when you login it shows the discounted prices.

If I can ask a question here, I do have a log in account at AAA.com but where do you find the prices for WDW hotels? I can only seem to find Disneyland. Thanks

just click on hotel. Then put in Orlando, fill in date info, etc. Scroll to Disney World Resorts and hit search. If it comes back as not being able to find, click on modify search and hit the search button again. It's really very easy and takes no time at all. It will start will All Stars. Let me know if you need anymore info.

I can't find it either. I get a screen where I can make reservations by eMail but I can't find anywhere just to check on room rates. :sad2:

This did not work for me at first...

I had to make one minor adjustment to tkldisney's directions. After I typed in Orlando/Disney World Resorts, my search came back missing. I noticed the problem was the "Orlando" part of the search went away (The "Disney World" part stayed). So I just had to type in "Orlando" a second time.

Now I have a follow-up question. Are the rates shown with the AAA discount? And I'm assuming they do not include tax? The prices were higher than I was expecting for the deluxes based on what everyone has been saying about the AP rate being only slightly less than the AAA rate.

I priced the Contemporary:

AP rate: $270 before tax ($301.50 with tax)
AAA rate: $345 (I'm assuming that is before tax)

Does this AAA rate seem accurate?

Yahoo! This is more of a test than anything...I finally remembered my password for my original PartyOf5 name! I can drop the "a" now! :)

PartyOf5a said:
After I typed in Orlando/Disney World Resorts, my search came back missing. I noticed the problem was the "Orlando" part of the search went away (The "Disney World" part stayed). So I just had to type in "Orlando" a second time.
QUOTE]

I'm not even finding the search screen you're referring to. :confused:

Are you logged in at AAA.com? If so, there is a left bar that goes down the left side of the screen. Click on "hotels" under Travel.

tkldisney said:
just click on hotel. Then put in Orlando, fill in date info, etc. Scroll to Disney World Resorts and hit search. If it comes back as not being able to find, click on modify search and hit the search button again. It's really very easy and takes no time at all. It will start will All Stars. Let me know if you need anymore info.

I found it but no matter what hotel I click on it says nothing is available. I've even changed the dates to several different configurations but it still says nothing is found. Oh well, maybe another time it will work for me. Thanks tkldisney.

Heres a question for the guru's. I've already booked a package (MYW with Dining) thru Disney. DH has now decided to join AAA. Do I have to cancel everything and rebook or will (can) Disney apply the AAA discount to my package? I'm not sure if AAA only offers room discounts or what. Help me please. :confused3

I thought I read somewhere that you have to book through AAA to use one of the package. Might be worth a call though to see if you can save a few bucks.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get package info off the AAA website. I tried to do so this morning but I could not. I then called my AAA office and was told they would have to call Disney and she would get back to me. It's been 2 hours and I haven't heard back yet. I thought they just had computers they could use to check on the spot but I guess I was wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter