AAAAARRRGGGHH! Can't take the waiting!

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
;) Playing the waiting game to get my closing docs, get in the system and get BOOKING... seems like it's taking forever!

Anyone want to share how long it took them from the date of getting through ROFR, to being in the system and ready to book? Help me pass the time! :dance3:

Hey! I already added you to my 'Welcome Home' over on Glendamax's thread, but now I can say it here since you started your own thread! :goodvibes

Don't worry - it'll be soon! :thumbsup2

:rainbow: WELCOME HOME, Princess V! :rainbow:

May you have many happy vacations as a DVC member! :hug:

-Michelle

"The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest!!!" Where are you buying points, on the west side of WDW, at the new AKV??? That place is going to be awesome. I'll be there sometime in Sept. Booking on May 16th. How about you??? :cool2: :cool1: :cool2:

;) Playing the waiting game to get my closing docs, get in the system and get BOOKING... seems like it's taking forever!

Anyone want to share how long it took them from the date of getting through ROFR, to being in the system and ready to book? Help me pass the time! :dance3:

It seems a few have gone off-topic on you. I too am playing the waiting game and am curious how long some had to wait until they could book their first ressie. I saw one person say that their resale took 7.5 weeks from making the bid to making the first ressie. That's not too bad but I recieved an email from the Timeshare Closing Service that it would be 3 weeks before I saw my closing documents. Tack that on to the waiting for my offer to be accepted by the seller and waiting for ROFR and I'll be at week 5 by the time I close, in theory. How long after closing has it taken some to get in to the DVC system?

9/5 – Informed we passed ROFR
9/11 – Received closing documents from Timeshare closing
9/12 – Sent closing documents & money (overnight) to Timeshare closing
9/14 – Timeshare closing acknowledged receipt of documents / money. Sellers documents also received, but damaged in transit - will have to resend.
9/21 – Timeshare closing received sellers documents and has forwarded all transfer documents to Disney. 7 – 10 days to go.
9/25 – Received US mail from Timeshare Closing containing signed copy of Deed.
9/28 – Called Disney Member Services. In system and ready to make reservations!

And my DW says I'm anal! :rotfl2:

I'm dying waiting on ROFR and it only got submitted last Thursday!!! I thought the part after ROFR would be EASY - but I'm learning otherwise :eek: :headache:

Oh well... my cure is to spend time on these boards - but I'm learning thats not the smartest thing either! It just reminds me of the wait!:lmao: :lmao:

Chris

I can't take it either!!!! I passed ROFR on 3/19 and am anxiously awaiting closing so I can hopefully get in the system before 4/27 to get the discount on my AP and be able to book my October birthday trip!!!

Jill in KC

But here's the thing...with DVC, the waiting never ends. When you're in, you'll be waiting for the 11 mos/7 mos window to book...you may even end up on a "waiting list" to get the room you want. If you want to add nights at another Disney Resort, you'll wait for the DVC or AP discounts. Then, of course, you'll get the DDP, and you'll wait until 180 days out to make your ADR's. Finally, you'll wait for your vacation to come.....and at long last, you'll find yourself at WDW, in your favorite park, in front of your favorite ride, in line.......waiting.
:3dglasses

1/10 - passed ROFR
1/26 - received closing docs
2/9 - official 'closing' on contract
2/20 - name in the DVC system
2/22 - points in the DVC system...made first ressies

But here's the thing...with DVC, the waiting never ends. When you're in, you'll be waiting for the 11 mos/7 mos window to book...you may even end up on a "waiting list" to get the room you want. If you want to add nights at another Disney Resort, you'll wait for the DVC or AP discounts. Then, of course, you'll get the DDP, and you'll wait until 180 days out to make your ADR's. Finally, you'll wait for your vacation to come.....and at long last, you'll find yourself at WDW, in your favorite park, in front of your favorite ride, in line.......waiting.

Nnnnnooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I am waiting to get into the DVC system we closed on 3/28/07. I hope only a few more days.
I feel your pain waiting!!!!!!:lmao:

Hey! I already added you to my 'Welcome Home' over on Glendamax's thread, but now I can say it here since you started your own thread! :goodvibes

Don't worry - it'll be soon! :thumbsup2

:rainbow: WELCOME HOME, Princess V! :rainbow:

May you have many happy vacations as a DVC member! :hug:

-Michelle
Thanks so much Michelle! :hug:
"The west is the best, get here and we'll do the rest!!!" Where are you buying points, on the west side of WDW, at the new AKV??? That place is going to be awesome. I'll be there sometime in Sept. Booking on May 16th. How about you??? :cool2: :cool1: :cool2:
Nope, I bought SSR resale.
It seems a few have gone off-topic on you. I too am playing the waiting game and am curious how long some had to wait until they could book their first ressie. I saw one person say that their resale took 7.5 weeks from making the bid to making the first ressie. That's not too bad but I recieved an email from the Timeshare Closing Service that it would be 3 weeks before I saw my closing documents. Tack that on to the waiting for my offer to be accepted by the seller and waiting for ROFR and I'll be at week 5 by the time I close, in theory. How long after closing has it taken some to get in to the DVC system?
Yep, I received the same information. Today makes 17 days since I got through ROFR. I'm headed to WDW 5/1 - I'd just like to be done with this by then!

9/5 – Informed we passed ROFR
9/11 – Received closing documents from Timeshare closing

9/12 – Sent closing documents & money (overnight) to Timeshare closing
9/14 – Timeshare closing acknowledged receipt of documents / money. Sellers documents also received, but damaged in transit - will have to resend.
9/21 – Timeshare closing received sellers documents and has forwarded all transfer documents to Disney. 7 – 10 days to go.
9/25 – Received US mail from Timeshare Closing containing signed copy of Deed.
9/28 – Called Disney Member Services. In system and ready to make reservations!

And my DW says I'm anal! :rotfl2:
WOW, you got your docs fast! Okay, if I don't get anything today, I'm calling tomorrow. :rolleyes:
I can't take it either!!!! I passed ROFR on 3/19 and am anxiously awaiting closing so I can hopefully get in the system before 4/27 to get the discount on my AP and be able to book my October birthday trip!!!

Jill in KC
Hi Jill - I got through ROFR on 3/19, too! I'll be sure to let you know when I get my closing docs, unless you get yours first :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: Very true!

Just got my closing docs!!!! :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

Just ordered my cashier's check from my bank and missed the cutoff to mail to me today by an hour and a half. ARGH!!!

Hopefully you will get your docs soon!

Jill in KC

Just got my closing docs!!!! :banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2:

Just ordered my cashier's check from my bank and missed the cutoff to mail to me today by an hour and a half. ARGH!!!

Hopefully you will get your docs soon!

Jill in KC

Thanks for the heads-up Jill - I got mine today! :banana: :banana: :banana:
I've never been so excited to make a large withdrawal form my savings :rolleyes:

I hear you.....I looked at my balance in my savings account today and was happy it was so low!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jill in KC

I was talking to Member services on Monday and was told May 16th is for those who own at AKL. Everyone else starts in June.

I have my next trip planned at SSR but will be on the phone May 16th to try and transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter