Aargghh - Passports

Sarah Sarill

<font color=green>Knows about attack of the wobbly
Hi again guys and sorry for asking what seems like a silly obvious question, but here goes.

As you can read from my previous posts we have booked an 8 day trip to the HI over Chrsitmas. Booked direct with the HI and BAirways. Saved quite a bit of money.

Ive been reading back posts on park tickets which we intended to buy on arrival for the 8 days. Now Ive read about several types of Passports - savings on food, discounts etc etc.

Can you please let me know which is the cheapest way of getting in and saving money for 2 adults and a child of 8.

Thanks again, :thumbsup2

Sarah

If you are going to be going into the parks for more than 4 days It would be better to get annual passports

see here the annual passport thread
Sorry cant get the link to work at the moment
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1104480

and here for the differences in the different passes
http://www.dlp.info/Guide/Guest-Info/Annual-Passports/Annual-Passport-Comparison.asp

here is one of the cheaper ways to buy tickets if you decide on hopper tickets
http://www.365tickets.com/prodhubs.cfm/productId/71

Hi Sarah,

Give Disney UK a ring on 08706 06 6800. Having looked at their website they only list upto a 3 day park pass at £79 for adults and £65 for children, so I can't say how much an 8 day pass would be. You may wish to factor in arrival and departure times because you might not visit the park on the first and last days of your stay.

Nonetheless, annual passes are £92 for fantasy and £125 for dream, same price for both adults and children. You can buy them direct from Disney on the phone number above. I am sure they would work out cheaper than daily passes. You should only buy them upto 30 days before you go otherwise they get activated immediately. We bought 1 dream and 3 fantasy passes which means we are eligible for dream pass hotel discounts - upto 25% for selected times/hotels, but 10% off at anytime for onsite Disney hotels. And of course we can go back within 1 year and not have to buy park passes again!

Hope that helps

Tosty.

You can get them from the Annual Passport Bureau, inside the park. Buy your tickets normally, and then get into the park, look for the Annual Passports Bureau in discoveryland (open from 11:00 to 19:00), and they will discount the price of the tickets from your APs.

Price, in euros, are:

AP Dream: 179 euros
AP Fansasy: 129 euros

One hopper for three days will cost you 115 euros. APs is the best way to save money when you spend several days (more than 4) at the park :thumbsup2

Also, you will get discounts in restaurants, Stores, Buffalo Bill show..., you will get 5 Fastpass per AP, 20% discount for one day in Stores and Restaurants (one per AP...which means you will have 20% discount THREE times)

And you can get an additional 10% discount on the price of APs, if you are sponsored. Please, PM me and I will send you the form to get the 10% discount. Also, I will get some time for free :cool1:

(note to admins: sorry, I know this is not the right thread to get sponsorship) :rolleyes1

Thanks littlelizzie, Tosty & 6.2.6.

I have just spent over an hour reading up on all those fab links - Phew sooo much info to digest :3dglasses :thumbsup2

We will have to go for the AP Dream as the others have 'block-out dates' covering a good part of our stay.

6.2.6. I will take you upon your offer if you dont mind - I like the idea of a further 10% saving :Pinkbounc

Ive just downloaded the closure times of rides so can now plan our trip around this.

Cheers guys, your brill :grouphug:

Sarah

I cant send my addy in a pm to you as I keep getting a message saying I cannot send URL's :badpc:

Am I missing something ? :goodvibes

Sarah

Thanks Antonio - I have received the form this morning.

I have read a lot of threads on this passport and have a few questions if anyone could help please.

1. Would someone be able to translate point 7 of the T&C. Its the one that makes reference to not having to have the sponsor present. I would just like to have it in case of any problems on arrival. Also my schoolgirl French is a bit ropey.

2. Do you have to take your Travel passport as identification ? And would that include a child as well ?

3. I understand that you can have 5 fastpasses per Dream Passport . I assume thats per day. Do you just queue in the fastpass queue and present your dream passport when you board. Does this mean you dont have to wait until the usual designated times and can board immediately upon arrival ?

PHEW :thanks:

The sponser is supposed to be present but we had no trouble when we got ours.

I'm sure we didn't take any form of ID with us you have your photo on the pass so no one else can use it.

You get 5 fastpasses per dream passport and you just hand them over at the fastpass queue at any time.

I'm sure it says on the T&C, "avec ou sans votre parrain" - with or without your sponsor. We were not questioned at all in the AP Bureau, the 10% was just put through. I think you get more trouble if you're trying to buy the ap on the gate. Anyway, I should imagine since the sponsor thread has been going they've had quite a few of these forms and now know the score properly!!

1. Would someone be able to translate point 7 of the T&C. Its the one that makes reference to not having to have the sponsor present. I would just like to have it in case of any problems on arrival. Also my schoolgirl French is a bit ropey.
Sorry, cannot help. But, there are some words I can translate:
avec or sans le parrain -- with or without the sponsor

2. Do you have to take your Travel passport as identification ? And would that include a child as well ?
They didn't ask for an identification when I bought my AP. But, we ALWAYS travel with our passport AND ID card, even for my 16 months old DD. We can't take a flight without, at least, one of them.

3. I understand that you can have 5 fastpasses per Dream Passport . I assume thats per day. Do you just queue in the fastpass queue and present your dream passport when you board. Does this mean you dont have to wait until the usual designated times and can board immediately upon arrival ?
You will have 5 fastpasses per AP dream, not per day. For using the FastPass queue you must have a FastPass. Your AP doesn't give you any special treatment on any queue. You must use your AP to get your FastPass, just like others use their ticket to get it. Obviously, that's when you have spent all your Fastpasses.
The FastPasses you get when you buy your AP Dream can be used from 11:00 until two hours before park closes. And they have an expiration date of one month after purchasing your AP Dream

JoeSam said:
I think you get more trouble if you're trying to buy the ap on the gate.
Probably, as JoeSam says, you will have more trouble if buying your APs on the gate.

Buy your tickets (one day tickets) at the gate, and then, go to AP bureau. They will discount the price of them from your APs, and they knows how to use the "parrainage" (sponsorship) form. We didn't have any problem. And we were sponsored too.

Remember, AP bureau is open from 11:00 to 19:00.

I'd definitely buy one day passes and upgrade at the annual passport office. They are really not very familiar with the parriange forms at the front kiosks. :thumbsup2 . We took passports but were never asked for any ID.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter