• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abaco backcountry fishing excursion at CC

criddla

Mouseketeer
Hi -

Has anyone done this excursion? I have booked it for DH, DS (11) & DS (9) & would love to hear some reviews. They would love to try bone fishing & any info would be appreciated. Thanks !

I've done the bottom fishing a couple times, so if it's the same guide service, they'll have a great time. Abaco is known for its fishing. I have numerous friends who fly there from Alaska every year to go fishing.

***Bump***

Would love to hear about recent experiences. We are considering the Abaco Backcountry Fishing Adventure this July. Thanks!

Bone fishing in the Abacos is fun but you must be very very quiet.. they spook very easily. Hopefully someone can comment on their experiences with kids...

DH,DS 23, and I did this excursion this past May. We started off on the other side of the ship and I caught a porgie. Then we went to the flats but never saw any bonefish. We did see quite a few starfish, nurse sharks, stingrays and a barracuda but did not catch anything. We then went out to deeper water and trolled for a while but still nothing. We did see about a dozen or so Dolphins which was amazing. Unfortunately I got so excited I scooted off the bench I was sitting on and fell onto my fingers which were severely sprained (thankfully it was our last day). After that we did some bottom fishing and the boys caught at least a half dozen each of yellowtail. They also hooked a few bigger fish but the lines broke. During this a number of reef sharks were circling the boat trying to get the fish before they could be landed. We then went back to the dock. So we didn't catch as many fish as we were hoping but it was so beautiful out on the water and we enjoyed seeing all of the other wildlife.

Thanks for the post. I booked this for our upcoming cruise in July. Did you pay for both your son and your husband, or just one payment for the boat.

Thank you. I only booked myself. I wonder if I will be sharing the boat with someone else?

DH,DS 23, and I did this excursion this past May. We started off on the other side of the ship and I caught a porgie. Then we went to the flats but never saw any bonefish. We did see quite a few starfish, nurse sharks, stingrays and a barracuda but did not catch anything. We then went out to deeper water and trolled for a while but still nothing. We did see about a dozen or so Dolphins which was amazing. Unfortunately I got so excited I scooted off the bench I was sitting on and fell onto my fingers which were severely sprained (thankfully it was our last day). After that we did some bottom fishing and the boys caught at least a half dozen each of yellowtail. They also hooked a few bigger fish but the lines broke. During this a number of reef sharks were circling the boat trying to get the fish before they could be landed. We then went back to the dock. So we didn't catch as many fish as we were hoping but it was so beautiful out on the water and we enjoyed seeing all of the other wildlife.

Great info! Thanks!

Thank you. I only booked myself. I wonder if I will be sharing the boat with someone else?

I booked 4 for this fishing trip (my three kids and myself). Tried to book my wife also but it kept coming back as unavailable. Spoke to DCL and they said there are only four guests (plus the captain) allowed on the boat. I would guess that if you are a single they would probably still try to book the three other available slots on the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter