• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abby!

karylrocks

I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
Welcome back! :umbrella: I would love to hear some highlights of your trip and your stay at the Disneyland Hotel.

Had a great time, but we are so tired. My biggest tip is to go early. Get to to DL 1/2 hour before they open, have a plan for the first three or four things you want to do, and go. Much to my dd delight, we were first on Dumbo one day. Also, got to do all the kiddie rides at CA (bugs land) in 20 minutes this am by being there when they opened. The DLH was good. At first seemed like any hotel, but the disney touches are great and service was good. Lots for kids to see/do. DD loved the remoted boats, the fish pond, the water falls and the pool. (mom appreciated the bar) and I asked for a coffee pot and it was delivered quickly. Also, we had a standard room, third floor Marina tower that overlooked the parking lot. But off the the right we could see DL, and although no fireworks were scheduled, they were "practicing for the 50th" so every night at 9:30 we saw fireworks from the room.

Is the Marina Tower the one with the check-in and gift shop? Did the bathroom have a separate vanity area? I think that is the tower I want but we need a separate vanity (DD22 :earsgirl: ) and lots of room. Thanks for the tip on getting there early - that's great about Dumbo! DS used to love to get me on that one and then keep it all the way up and laugh at me hanging on for dear life (I am afraid of heights). Did you fly out of Orange County? How far in advance did you have to get to the airport? Our flight leaves at 8:50 pm on our last day and I want to stay at the park as late as possible. Glad to hear you had a great time! :flower:

YAY, I've been waiting for you to get home to hear all about your trip :cheer2: So glad to hear everything went so well.

So I have to ask, did you ask for that upgraded room and were denied, or did you chicken out ;)

Did you end up doing any of the grocery store .com stuff? If not, did you seem to manage fine without the extra goodies?!!!!

Glad you are home safe and sound :flower:

Mom2my2daughters said:
YAY, I've been waiting for you to get home to hear all about your trip :cheer2: So glad to hear everything went so well.

So I have to ask, did you ask for that upgraded room and were denied, or did you chicken out ;)

Did you end up doing any of the grocery store .com stuff? If not, did you seem to manage fine without the extra goodies?!!!!

Glad you are home safe and sound :flower:

Asked for an upgraded room but they were full (so they said) decided against grocery store.com because you have to be there to get the delivery and I didn't want to waste that time at the hotel. Took bottled water with us (and a bottle of wine for me) and some snacks, which worked well, also gave us room in our suitcases for all the stuff we brought home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter