ABD Backstage Magic 4/17 - 4/22/11

When you arrive a few days early or stay a few days after (and you don't book the extra stay thru ABD) then you need a other way of transportation to and from the airport.

Here is some information about shuttle companies.
It's cheap!!!!

I have used them myself when i was at UCLA and i have used them a few times.
From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA
http://www.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

and there is also this one but i never used these.
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

I hope this info helps!!!

Hi Yvet,

Thanks for this info... I've added it to my documents. I think we are going to add 1 night before and 1 night after. I really don't want to be flying home on Easter, not sure want out families would think about that. Probably will stay at the Hollywood Renaissance prior but looking at a cheaper option post tour.

Mark

I believe that everybody that is in WDW can join us on December 16th.

What would everybody would like to do for a meet??
Lunch? or just some drinks somewhere or just a lobby meet what are you guys thinking off??

Maybe we can do a meet just a the cruise is over.
We take the transportation that DU offers and that will bring us back to the Swan hotel.
We could meet around 10am 10.30am at the Swan at Splash Terrace or when that's closed at the Dolphin Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
There is enough space there for a meet if you want you can drink something or eat something.

Lunch? or just some drinks somewhere or just a lobby meet what are you guys thinking off??

We take the transportation that DU offers and that will bring us back to the Swan hotel.
We could meet around 10am 10.30am at the Swan at Splash Terrace or when that's closed at the Dolphin Cabana Bar and Beach Club.
There is enough space there for a meet if you want you can drink something or eat something.

Yvet,

Post cruise at the Swan will work for us:thumbsup2... we will be staying there anyway and like you said DU transportation will be bringing us back there if you signed up for the transfers... sounds like a plan... lets see what other people think... pipe in everyone.

Take care,

Mark

p.s. maybe we can get Teresa & Kathy to show up for a few minutes too:yay:

Hi everyone! I'm so glad we are going to meet up on the 16th! It will be awesome to get to know each other before the big trip! I'm fine with meeting at the Swan. Drinks, food, whatever! Works for me! And I was going to say the same thing about Teresa and Kathy! :thumbsup2

My trip at WDW has been great. This is my 4th August in a row and man - this is a hot one! Too hot to even go out. And for me to say that, it must be hot!! Stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Checked in Monday and oh wow was it amazing! May now be my favorite resort! Switched over to the Beach Club Villas today! 4th time here. I love the pool and the location - but must say I'm missing the Lodge. If the lodge was next to Epcot and had Stormalong Bay - I would never leave!! LOL

I do want to stay after the ABD trip, but wasn't really factoring in the Easter part of it. I don't care about missing the holiday, I'm more concerned with flight prices and the TRAFFIC when getting home. Hmmmm..... that gave me some stuff to think about. Thankfully we have some time. Ok, off to bed. Was up early to take the Lodge tour (thanks Kathy!) and am exhausted. We were stuck on a monorail for about 40 mins today and the AC wasn't really working. :scared1: Can't wait for December! And April!!

When you arrive a few days early or stay a few days after (and you don't book the extra stay thru ABD) then you need a other way of transportation to and from the airport.

Here is some information about shuttle companies.
It's cheap!!!!

I have used them myself when i was at UCLA and i have used them a few times.
From LAX to UCLA
From DL to LAX to UCLA
http://www.supershuttle.com/Default.aspx

and there is also this one but i never used these.
http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

I hope this info helps!!!

Thanks so much for that info. I am leaning toward just booking my extra days through ABD right now so I might not need this, but it will definitely come in handy if I change my plans. I know WDW so well, but I realize how little I know about Disneyland and getting around so this is really helpful:thumbsup2

Meeting at the Swan or Dolphin sounds fine to me. Whatever works for everyone. I plan on being in Epcot that day anyway. I might vote for meeting a bit later if we wanted to have a few drinks though. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone before the trip! So glad a lot of us are going to be in WDW in Dec!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad we are going to meet up on the 16th! It will be awesome to get to know each other before the big trip! I'm fine with meeting at the Swan. Drinks, food, whatever! Works for me! And I was going to say the same thing about Teresa and Kathy! :thumbsup2

My trip at WDW has been great. This is my 4th August in a row and man - this is a hot one! Too hot to even go out. And for me to say that, it must be hot!! Stayed at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge for the first time. Checked in Monday and oh wow was it amazing! May now be my favorite resort! Switched over to the Beach Club Villas today! 4th time here. I love the pool and the location - but must say I'm missing the Lodge. If the lodge was next to Epcot and had Stormalong Bay - I would never leave!! LOL

I do want to stay after the ABD trip, but wasn't really factoring in the Easter part of it. I don't care about missing the holiday, I'm more concerned with flight prices and the TRAFFIC when getting home. Hmmmm..... that gave me some stuff to think about. Thankfully we have some time. Ok, off to bed. Was up early to take the Lodge tour (thanks Kathy!) and am exhausted. We were stuck on a monorail for about 40 mins today and the AC wasn't really working. :scared1: Can't wait for December! And April!!

Glad to hear you're having a good trip and that you liked VWL! I was in WDW last August and I do remember the heat. I have heard from a few people that this summer has been especially hot. But I'd rather be hot at Disney than at work! And we are having weird weather in NJ this week -- yesterday and today I think it may have only hit 70 -- and it's been rainy and overcast. Yuk!

Just FYI on the flights, I have been checking Continental out of Newark and the price has gone up about $20 since I first checked. I will probably check some other airlines to see if there's anything better but I think I liked Continental's times the best so far. I feel like we have a lot of time, but if the prices keep increasing it's going to make me want to book my flight now (so I don't have to obsessively monitor it all the time:rotfl:). Right now I'm planning on taking the red eye back on Sunday night so hopefully I won't have to worry about any traffic but in NJ you never know!

Just FYI on the flights, I have been checking Continental out of Newark and the price has gone up about $20 since I first checked. I will probably check some other airlines to see if there's anything better but I think I liked Continental's times the best so far. I feel like we have a lot of time, but if the prices keep increasing it's going to make me want to book my flight now (so I don't have to obsessively monitor it all the time:rotfl:). Right now I'm planning on taking the red eye back on Sunday night so hopefully I won't have to worry about any traffic but in NJ you never know!

I agree on the flights, I've been checking Continental from Newark to LA and from Orange County back to Newark every day for about two weeks...it's gone from $450 to $470. I have a feeling that I will be booking my flight within the next month. I definitely agree that Continental has the best times out of Newark...far and away the most convenient.

Jason:goodvibes

I might vote for meeting a bit later if we wanted to have a few drinks though.

I think that meeting each other in the morning is the best time to meet.
It's getting of the ship and then to the Swan.
And after that everybody has still a great amount of the day to do whatever they planned to do.

When i suggested drinks i didn't meant alcoholic drinks but just soda's....

PCC2.0 will be my first Disney cruise. What time do they kick us off the boat? :laughing: I'm thinking it must be pretty early if the plan is to meet at 10:00am. As this will be my family's first Disney cruise I can see them wanting to stay on as long as possible.

We will have a rental car so I could be dropped off at the Swan. The only thing is my sister-in-law is probably flying home that day and we might have to drop her off at the airport prior to heading to WDW. This all depends on the time of her flight of course. So, I guess if they kick us off early then 10:00 am will work.

PCC2.0 will be my first Disney cruise. What time do they kick us off the boat? :laughing: I'm thinking it must be pretty early if the plan is to meet at 10:00am. As this will be my family's first Disney cruise I can see them wanting to stay on as long as possible.

We will have a rental car so I could be dropped off at the Swan. The only thing is my sister-in-law is probably flying home that day and we might have to drop her off at the airport prior to heading to WDW. This all depends on the time of her flight of course. So, I guess if they kick us off early then 10:00 am will work.

Getting off the ship is far less glamorous than boarding the ship.

Almost everyone is off by 8:30am as they have to turn the ship around for the folks boarding at noon.

Thanks Kevin! Well then 10:00 am should work. Right? Will 1 1/2 hours be enough time even if we have to make a stop at the airport?

I agree on the flights, I've been checking Continental from Newark to LA and from Orange County back to Newark every day for about two weeks...it's gone from $450 to $470. I have a feeling that I will be booking my flight within the next month. I definitely agree that Continental has the best times out of Newark...far and away the most convenient.

Jason:goodvibes

I've only been checking round trip to LAX and back -- is it cheaper and/or are there better options to fly back home out of Orange County?

I think that meeting each other in the morning is the best time to meet.
It's getting of the ship and then to the Swan.
And after that everybody has still a great amount of the day to do whatever they planned to do.

When i suggested drinks i didn't meant alcoholic drinks but just soda's....

Whatever works best for everyone is fine for me:goodvibes

I'm good with whatever works for everyone who will be on the cruise. I'll already be on property so I can be there at whatever time is best for all of you.

Looking forward to meeting everyone:thumbsup2

Hey everyone! I'm home from my awesome 12 days in WDW and just sitting here realizing how boring reality is compared to vacation! Haha! I can't wait to meet everyone in December! I think that will make April even more fun :goodvibes I hope to start looking for flights soon. Don't want to jump the gun. Southwest is my fave carrier and they open up dates for April the beginning of October, so we'll see. Plus they give you a credit if the fare goes down... not sure if other airlines do this since I've only used SW for years! :confused3 And I'm def going to add another day or 2 at the end. Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. I can't believe I go back to school on Wednesday :( So not ready just yet! !

Anyone do anything fun this weekend? I got in late Friday night. Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning the house, washing the blankets the cats were on for 2 weeks w/o me, food shopping, unpacking, and going through tons of mail! Today it's me on the couch watching tons of stuff on the DVR. I have my last 2 episodes of "Pillars of the Earth" to catch up on! Have a great Sunday :goodvibes

Hey everyone! I'm home from my awesome 12 days in WDW and just sitting here realizing how boring reality is compared to vacation! Haha! I can't wait to meet everyone in December! I think that will make April even more fun :goodvibes I hope to start looking for flights soon. Don't want to jump the gun. Southwest is my fave carrier and they open up dates for April the beginning of October, so we'll see. Plus they give you a credit if the fare goes down... not sure if other airlines do this since I've only used SW for years! :confused3 And I'm def going to add another day or 2 at the end. Hope everyone is enjoying the last few days of summer. I can't believe I go back to school on Wednesday :( So not ready just yet! !

Anyone do anything fun this weekend? I got in late Friday night. Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning the house, washing the blankets the cats were on for 2 weeks w/o me, food shopping, unpacking, and going through tons of mail! Today it's me on the couch watching tons of stuff on the DVR. I have my last 2 episodes of "Pillars of the Earth" to catch up on! Have a great Sunday :goodvibes

Welcome home Susan! Hope you had a wonderful trip! Seems like you brought back the hot Florida weather with you to NJ. Seriously, the beginning of last week was overcast and around 70 -- I'm happy to see the sun but 95 degrees is a bit hot for me. I did get to spend some time at the beach this weekend though so that was nice. I can't believe summer is almost over:sad2: Are you a teacher -- you mentioned you are going back to school Wednesday. Hope you enjoy your last day off!:goodvibes

I always fly out of Newark -- either Jet Blue or Continental -- and Jet Blue definitely gives you a credit if the fare goes down, not sure about Continental though. Sounds like you're looking to go out of Philly if you want to fly Southwest. I'm definitely more comfortable with Newark so I'll probably stick to flying out of there although I did hear that Southwest is coming to Newark. Not sure when or if I'm willing to wait to find out the details. I don't want to jump the gun either but I don't want to wait too long and risk the fares increasing. I'm definitely adding 2 nights to the back end, but just trying to decide if I want to take the red eye back or a flight at a more normal time.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far.:thumbsup2

We have booked our airfare as soon as we knew we where going.
We fly with a normal airline not a discounter because we fly international.
And because we fly on frequent flyer miles this time we needed to book fast because with Eastern weekend there wasn't that much space left anymore.

I know that the normal airlines can be booked 330 days out and that discounters can be booked later.
But i would book as soon as those prices come out because it's Eastern weekend and those flights are full in a minute and i don't believe that the prices for those kind of holiday weekends will drop.
The sooner you book the better the price and that way you know that you have a flight.

Just my 2 cents....

Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Melissa:cheer2:

Hi, I never posted before, but I just booked the trip and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and I will be traveling with my husband, Shawn. I am going on my first trip to Disneyland in 14 days, but I listen to the podcast faithfully and couldn't stand to miss another get together. I am more excited about the ABD trip than my first trip to the land.

I read all the posts and I am sad that I will not get to meet any of you before the actual trip.

Hi Melissa and Shawn:wave:

Welcome to the trip it's going to be a great trip.
Just let us know how you experience your first DL trip!!!

Hi Melissa & Shawn,

We are glad that you will be joining us:welcome:

Have a Great Trip in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing the details.

Louise & Mark

We will start ABD chats again eventually.

These are on Thursday nights and they give everyone a chance to get to know one another.

By the time your Adventure rolls around, you'll be traveling with old friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter