ABD Backstage Magic - Summer 2010 Edition!

ragtopday

Proud Member of Red Sox Nation
Hi all,
I thought I'd start a thread for those of us going on the July ABD Backstage Magic tour so we can all start getting to know each other!

I'm Kristen and I'll be traveling solo, but rooming with Nichole (nmoore14) who I'll meet for the first time in LA.

After reading trip reports from the April trip I'm even more excited than ever - so much to do before we go, but looking forward to every minute!

Does anyone know if this will be a DIS-only trip?

Looking forward to getting to know you all before we get there!

So far these are the folks confirmed as going:

ragtopday - Kristen
nmoore14 - Nichole
chropistopy - Christy
DisneyRob - Rob & Mike
grizbuzz - John & Jen
relspeak - Anne & Alan
Jeff & Stacy in NYC - Stacy & Jeff
NitroStitch - Lisa & Paul
ScrappinDW - Pam & Mary
Zzizzy - Wayne
luceb - Luce' and Stew
WebmasterPete - Pete and Walter

I have stuck this thread to the top of the page.

I'll also send an email letting everyone know that this thread has started.

ragtopday got a thread stickied? Ooooooooooo, someone is going to be jealous! :rotfl:

I have also set up an ABD chat night for this Adventure.

The first will be held on 6/24/2010 at 8:00pm. :)

Hi I'm here too I'm Rob Brown AKA DisneyRob on the interent. I will be attending with my Parther Mike and we are so excited and can't wait. We have been listening to the podcast for like ever and am excited to finally meet you. We jumped at the chance to take this trip after hearing about the April trip. so if you want to know more about us let me know.

Yea the count down can start now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Day
DisneyRob

Hi!:wave2:

We'll be joining too! We're DH John and myself, Jen. We're Californians who are currently located in Baden, near Zurich.

We won't be able to make the chat, unfortunately, unless it's before June 23 or after July 5.

Can't wait for the trip and to meet you all!

-Jen

Anne Nelson here. My husband, Alan, and I are really, really excited to be going on the ABD with all of you. Collectively, we are "relspeak" on the boards. We've been to CA many times in the last few years because our daughter and her husband live in Orange, but we are looking forward to all the new things to see and do on our adventure as well as meeting all of you.

Hi! I'm Stacy. My husband Jeff and I are thrilled to be going on this adventure with all of you! The DIS Unplugged is our favorite podcast, and BSM is the ultimate Disney fan experience! Can it get any better?

Can't wait to meet you all!:goodvibes

Hi! I'm Christy and I'm from Georgia. I will be traveling solo on this trip. I've only been to Disneyland once and that was several years ago. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kristen and Nichole: we solo travelers should stick together. =)

Hi! I'm Lisa and my husband is Paul. This trip has been a dream of mine for years, and I still can't quite believe we're going!

The podcast and reports from the last ABD trip had me in a tizzy, and now we're going too! :cool1:

I went to Disneyland in 2006 on a solo trip & Paul hasn't been since before DCA was built, so we're looking forward to all of it!

My first trip to Disney was Disneyland - I think it was 1974. I have a sullen picture of me and my sister with Pluto around here somewhere! :)

I visited DCA in March 2001 shortly after it opened (we only had one day) and had a blast, falling in love with Soarin' over California. :love:

So I've really never been to Disneyland as an adult and my one and only DCA visit was whirlwind (and mostly thrill-ride oriented), so I'm really looking forward to exploring more about it all. Not to mention Imagineering and all that shopping!

Christy - we'll make it a solo trio!

Hi,
I am Pam. My friend Mary and I will be joining you. I am so excited!!!!! I first went to WDW in 2002 and fell in love with it and have been back 10 times, #11 is in September. I didn't think I would have any interest in going to Disneyland until I read a trip report someone had written about their ABD trip. Then I thought I needed to go too. It will be so exciting to be where Walt Disney has been and see what he saw. He was an amazing man.
It was to late for the Dis April trip so Mary and I decided to go in November. When this trip came up we were so glad to be able to join it instead.
Mary isn't a Disney fanatic like I am (like all of us are) but she really, really wants to go to The Price Is Right show. She was in California many years ago but her husband wouldn't go with her. She has been to WDW twice with me and now this trip so I will go with her. I just hope she will enjoy most of the trip with us.
I will try to be in chat. I work second shift but maybe I can take a little time off to join in.
Can't wait to meet everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My one trip to DL was in 2002. DCA was open but I didn't spend too much time there. I, too, am looking forward to exploring more.

Is anyone adding days to your trip? I, unfornately, can't but have been daydreaming about spending more time in CA. I have a friend that is in Napa now. She says Napa = Heaven.

Hi! I'm Christy and I'm from Georgia. I will be traveling solo on this trip. I've only been to Disneyland once and that was several years ago. I can't wait. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Kristen and Nichole: we solo travelers should stick together. =)

That is very true! I usually travel solo, but I really wanted to go on this trip and knew that I needed a roommate! I am very glad that Kristen decided to room with me :goodvibes: I hope to make the chat on June 24 so that I can get to know everyone!

My one trip to DL was in 2002. DCA was open but I didn't spend too much time there. I, too, am looking forward to exploring more.

Is anyone adding days to your trip? I, unfornately, can't but have been daydreaming about spending more time in CA. I have a friend that is in Napa now. She says Napa = Heaven.

I added a day before and a day after. I do not know when I will get a chance to go to CA again, so I want to live it up while I can ;) Anyone else add any days to their trip?

Hello everyone! My name is Nichole and this will be my first trip to CA. What better way to visit CA than with a group of fellow Disers:goodvibes As Kristen said earlier, I will be rooming with her and will meet her on the first day of the trip. I am from NC and have been a Disney fan since birth. I have been to WDW many times, but I only count the ones that I can remember :) I love reading about how the Parks were created and jumped at this chance to visit WDI and Disneyland. I have always wanted to visit CA and Disneyland, but have not been able to make it over until this year. I am very excited about this trip and I can't wait to meet everyone! :grouphug:

We are arriving late Friday nite and are hoping to day trip to Catalina Island with our daughter on Saturday. June gloom should definitely be over by late July! We are staying at our daughter's house in the O.C., even though we added on 100 points at the VGC in March, on our last visit to DLR. Anne and I both just had our 58th birthdays and she wants to do 58 new things this year. She did very well on last years 57 list, some things small, some large. This ABD trip should give us a great start with new tours and restaurants. We plan to go to the parks on Friday after our adventure and fly out early Sat morning.

We are staying until the Tuesday after our ABD trip so we can go to the Price Is Right. We don't have plans for the weekend yet. There are so many things to see, I don't know what to pick.
relspeak~I like your idea of doing 58 new things in a year. What a way to enjoy the whole year. I am going to pass the idea on to my brother, he would like this too.

We would have loved to add days to our trip, but really couldn't afford to do that with the short notice on this trip (vacation time and finances). Napa is gorgeous - my dad lives there, so on the rare times I get to visit him, I relish the chance to enjoy that area.

I'm in the same situation. I can't justify spending the extra money to add more days on at this point. I'd love to see more of California though.

I just have to say...I'm so excited that World of Color has premiered. Since I know we'll be there in a month, I've been avoiding the videos. I want to experience it in person the first time.

How about everyone else? Is there one certain thing that you are looking forward to on this trip? I'm really looking forward to the whole experience but Imagineering and WOC are on the top of my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter