ABD for young children

mattkev2001

Earning My Ears
Thinking of an ABD trip. Look for advice about thraveling with young kids. Is the SWS or Yosemite trip better for kids aged 9 and 6? Will they be old enough to horseback ride and participate in other activties or is it too much? I will keep researching and monitoring too.
Thanks

Hi, I've done both and I think the children would enjoy the southwest spenders more..definetley. The only thing I would warn you is to hold their hands while at the Grand Canyon. Absolutely beautiful and a must see in a life-time, there are a few "scary" parts without rails. I don't want to deter you, just be diligent with them. LOVED the Utah part of the trip. The younger child might be too young for horseback riding here..I would wait, but there are other things for them to do. Too beautiful for words. Rafting down colorado river is pretty calm with one or two splashy parts, but ok.
We did the Yosemite SAn fran tahoe trio on our own..Follow their itinerary and it's much cheaper. The SWS I would do with them...Beautiful, beautiful..Feel free to ask more questions if you want.
Fran

Hi, I've done both and I think the children would enjoy the southwest spenders more..definetley. The only thing I would warn you is to hold their hands while at the Grand Canyon. Absolutely beautiful and a must see in a life-time, there are a few "scary" parts without rails. I don't want to deter you, just be diligent with them. LOVED the Utah part of the trip. The younger child might be too young for horseback riding here..I would wait, but there are other things for them to do. Too beautiful for words. Rafting down colorado river is pretty calm with one or two splashy parts, but ok.
We did the Yosemite SAn fran tahoe trio on our own..Follow their itinerary and it's much cheaper. The SWS I would do with them...Beautiful, beautiful..Feel free to ask more questions if you want.
Fran

Thank you for experienced advice - just what I needed. I know what you mean about holding their hands. We did a Mt. Washington trip and it was scary there a few times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter