ABD Survey - Anyone get to take it?

AquaDame

DCL
I used to enjoy taking the surveys Disney has sent out from time to time, but lately I never seem to be the right fit for these.

I just received one that claimed to be a survey for guests planning to travel with them, and it knew I was on a July adventure. This time I got past which job type, but on the next page where it asked how I interact with sites I was rejected as I'm not what they are looking for. Did anyone get further or know what this survey was about..? I'm seriously irked that they acknowledged I am ON an adventure, they claim to want my opinion since I am, you know, giving them gobs of money, and then they drop me due to my use (or failure to use) sites dedicated to movies, social media sites, and travel forums, which should have little to do with my adventure.

What DID the survey want?!

I'm assuming they're trying to gauge their presence/standing on social media & other internet sites. I doubt they were actually going to ask you about actual travel with ABD. Or maybe they're hoping to connect with some influencers who can help promote them. But I'm totally guessing, because I never make it past those questions, either (although I haven't gotten one in quite a while).

Sayhello

Well and to make it even stranger I just got a followup saying they sent it out too early and to wait for the real survey to come out later... curiouser and curiouser.

I got the one yesterday that didn't work, the email that said to wait, and then the new link today. Made it past job and to my social media habits and then was told my opinion didn't matter! =)

So I just got an ABD survey for people who have traveled with them before (not the survey for my New Zealand trip. I already did that one). I actually made it all the way through the survey this time! It was one where they presented trips being currently being offered by them and Nat Geo, and had me pick my 3 "favorites". Then they showed me a bunch of new possible trips and asked me to pick my 1 favorite. Then they compared that 1 new favorite to the 3 old favorites, and asked which one I would really book in the next 3 years. They did that 8 times, and the list of new trips changed subtly each time. There were a few new North American ones listed, and I was happy to see those. A lot were for places I wasn't that interested in, and with no description of the trips (beyond whether it was a land trip vs an Expedition cruise, ABD vs Nat Geo, and length and cost) it was hard to pick any of those places. Honestly some of the North American trips, and a couple of the European trips sounded the most interesting to me.

It was interesting, but it took way, WAY longer than the 20 minutes they said it would take! (But then, I like to read *everything*!)

Sayhello

I got it too. Made it all the way through this time. Yes, the comparison of the trips changed by number of days and price point. My top 3 regions were Africa, Oceana and Europe. A rail trip is absolutely on my bucket list so I'd love to see that come to fruition. More options for Africa also looked good and I hope that happens!

I got it too. Made it all the way through this time. Yes, the comparison of the trips changed by number of days and price point. My top 3 regions were Africa, Oceana and Europe. A rail trip is absolutely on my bucket list so I'd love to see that come to fruition. More options for Africa also looked good and I hope that happens!
I really liked the Rail option, also! I'd *love* to do that! My top 3 were North America, Oceana and Europe.

Sayhello

I was just creeping to see if there was any speculation on when the 2024 land itineraries might be announced. My mom and I are intended to do South Africa in fall 2024 for her 75th but could be swayed if there are more exciting options.

@calypso726 & @gatordoc do you remember anything saying not to share that info? I don't recall anything. I'd be happy to share that info if you guys concur with me!

Sayhello
I don't think so, but I honestly don't recall, which is why I didn't specify which countries and whether or not it was ABD or NatGeo.

There were so many options and types of vacations and number of days that I highly doubt all of them are on the table.

I don't think so, but I honestly don't recall, which is why I didn't specify which countries and whether or not it was ABD or NatGeo.

There were so many options and types of vacations and number of days that I highly doubt all of them are on the table.
I agree. I think a lot of them are just ABD trying to see if there's any interest, and not stuff they are actually planning to offer.

Thanks!

I was just creeping to see if there was any speculation on when the 2024 land itineraries might be announced. My mom and I are intended to do South Africa in fall 2024 for her 75th but could be swayed if there are more exciting options.
They are generally announced the beginning of May, so in say 3 weeks or so.

The stuff on the survey is usually speculative, so I wouldn't expect to see any of those options on the 2024 season. But we always hope something new and exiting gets announced!

Sayhello

Last edited:
I got part of the way through and quit, because it kept asking me about money: my household income, my assets, how much per person do we usually spend on our trips, etc. etc. No way was I giving them any of this information, so I X'ed out of it. None of the questions I got to asked anything about social media.

My guess: something with Singapore in it, since Disney bought a ship that it is Disney-fying and planning to port in Singapore in 2025 (or 26?).
Actually, no (that I remember). Which I agree is odd given, as you said, the "new" ship!

Sayhello

Actually, no (that I remember). Which I agree is odd given, as you said, the "new" ship!

Sayhello
I think what we were shown as potential trips were based on the regions we chose. I didn’t see any trips outside of Africa, Oceana or Europe. I’m guessing if my preferred region for a next trip was Asia then I would have seen potential and existing trips for that area.

I think what we were shown as potential trips were based on the regions we chose. I didn’t see any trips outside of Africa, Oceana or Europe. I’m guessing if my preferred region for a next trip was Asia then I would have seen potential and existing trips for that area.
Oh! That makes sense. I kind of forgot that part (selecting where you were most likely to go). D'oh!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter