?? about bringing baby formula

dennisnlisab96

DIS Veteran
We will sailing 5/1/04 and our son will be 10 mo. old at the time. My question is has anyone brought formula with them?? Did you bring powdered or ready to feed. We use ready to feed at home but I think powdered will be much easier to bring with us. Also, is the tap water safe enough to mix bottles or should I keep a supply of bottled water in the cabin to mix with.

We had to bring formula when we cruised whith DS who was 8 months old at the time. We used those ready to feed nursette bottles, like the ones they give you in the hospital. All we had to do was open the bottle and pop a nipple on it. They are a little more expensive than the other kinds, but the conveniece was so worth it. No mixing, measuring, keeping cold, warming up, washing bottles, etc...
Good luck!

Did you have to bring alot??? My son is 3 mo and is already drinking 7 oz at a time. Did you stop somewhere and buy it on the way to the pier? Did you have any trouble bringing it on the ship??

Keep in mind that if your baby is use to the ready to eat formula, they may not Powder does seem easier and cheaper to me. You can keep a bottle with the powder in it and then add the water when he/she is ready to eat. The water on the ship should be fine, it goes through all sorts of purification.

We used powder and bottled water and it was very simple.We premeasured teh powder for the day and put it into snack size baggies for the excursions.Then we put the appropriate amount of water in the bottle and put the cap on it. It made life so much easier.But do kep in mind that the powder is different from the ready made so start your son on that formula ahead of time so he will be used to it.
Toni

Originally posted by dennisnlisab96
Did you have to bring alot??? My son is 3 mo and is already drinking 7 oz at a time. Did you stop somewhere and buy it on the way to the pier? Did you have any trouble bringing it on the ship??
At that time DS was going through 6 of those bottles a day, not always finishing them, but he was having 3 meals including a bottle, and 3 "snacks" of bottles. We flew and I just wrapped them in bubble wrap and packed them in my luggage, no problem(with some in my carry on too, of course). And no problem getting it on the ship either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter