?about counting a 1 year old on GAP

Daydreamer64

DIS Veteran
Just a quick question- we use a GAP when we go to WDW for our son. We have never needed it for more then 4 people including the child with the disability.

We are planning a vaction for Dec. 15th-24th, 2006. We will be a family of Mom, Dad, brother, special needs child and a one year old baby = 5 people counting the baby.

The problem comes in with the Grandparents wanting to come along. Counting them there will be Mom (1), Dad (2), brother (3), baby?? (4), child (5) and Grandma (6) and Grandpa (7) ****

that puts our total at six if they don't count the baby and seven if they do- are we still able to use the pass to ride together as a family? I would hate to have to leave one person off at a ride when/if we need to use the pass ??

Thanks for any information that you can provide

I don't know the answer, but just HAD to ask..are you really due on the 26th and will be at Disney until that day? If so, WOW!!! I am certainly impressed! OR is this the one year old and the ticker is old? I do hope your trip is wonderful either way!!!!

3kidsmommy said:
I don't know the answer, but just HAD to ask..are you really due on the 26th and will be at Disney until that day? If so, WOW!!! I am certainly impressed! OR is this the one year old and the ticker is old? I do hope your trip is wonderful either way!!!!
LOL

First, just a clarification. It is a Guest Assistance Card (GAC), not a Pass. This may not seem very important, but many people expect a Pass to give immediate access, so I usually mention it when it comes up. The GAC is not meant to do that (and even says that on the back); it is meant as a tool to let CMs know what sorts of assistance are needed by a person with a disability.

I don't think you need to worry about counting the baby until the baby is old enough to need a park ticket for admission.
Also, the 5 plus the person with a disability is a guideline. The CMs are able to make exceptions - they probably wouldn't for a group of 12, but your group is not much more than 6 and they can't very well expect a baby or another small child to wait while the rest of you go on a ride.

- SUE-M-**

- OK- It's the pregnancy hormones :rolleyes: ! I knew it was a GAC not GAP- I was just reading the DL boards that morning and got befuddled :goodvibes. Don't want to mislead anyone about it being a pass- thank you for the information. I was hoping that since the baby is not riding everything and it ( don't know if it's a she or he - hoping for a princess: this time as we have pirate: pirate: so far..) will be so small, that we could put it between Mom and Dad to ride the two seater rides.

3kidsmommy- **
LOL--It would take a braver person then me to go until my due date- I went at 3 months pregnant last June and won't do that again! My goodness, I would have to be crazy or brave or well you get the picture- no way would I try that - you gave me quite a smile over that one! :wave2: In my question I stated that we were going 2006 not 2005- my ticker is current. :earboy2:

Ahhh! 2006.
I read it and didn't notice it was 2006.
We're so used to the 2005, that we just automatically see it.
Have fun planning.

yep-2006- I'm WDW obcessed and always try to plan long range - it gives me something to look forward too! :cool1:

I didn't notice the 2006 either! Went over the top of my head! lololol...Whew, I feel better now...I just had a vision of the news article, "Woman gives birth on It's a Small World..." LOLOLOL...I am currently planning our trip for April 2006 so I know all about planning ahead. I can't wait!!!

3kidsmommy said:
I didn't notice the 2006 either! Went over the top of my head! lololol...Whew, I feel better now...I just had a vision of the news article, "Woman gives birth on It's a Small World..." LOLOLOL...I am currently planning our trip for April 2006 so I know all about planning ahead. I can't wait!!!

:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter