? about park entry, LL rides entry and ADR

AMS2016

Earning My Ears
:chat: Going to WDW in a week for first time in 6 years. Staying offsite. No magic bands. So,

1. Regarding using the Disney app...can I use my plastic card for entry into the parks? or do I HAVE to use the app for all of us?
2. Only myself will have the app and the others have their plastic entry cards...getting on the LL and $LL rides, do I have to use the app or are those added to their plastic cards too, and they can go without me and my phone?
3. ADRs - if I have the confirmation number, is that good enough to gain entry or do I have to show the app?

Using non expire tickets I purchased 6 years ago. Was able to link them to my account just fine but can not use Genie+ until day of - so thats fine.
Planning on trying to find the old magic bands and see if they still work. I understand they may only work on park entry and ride entry - no photo pass connection probably.

Thank all to the great information that is on these boards. Gotta admit, all the new stuff is a bit intimidating. But so excited still.

:chat: Going to WDW in a week for first time in 6 years. Staying offsite. No magic bands. So,

1. Regarding using the Disney app...can I use my plastic card for entry into the parks? or do I HAVE to use the app for all of us?
2. Only myself will have the app and the others have their plastic entry cards...getting on the LL and $LL rides, do I have to use the app or are those added to their plastic cards too, and they can go without me and my phone?
3. ADRs - if I have the confirmation number, is that good enough to gain entry or do I have to show the app?

Using non expire tickets I purchased 6 years ago. Was able to link them to my account just fine but can not use Genie+ until day of - so thats fine.
Planning on trying to find the old magic bands and see if they still work. I understand they may only work on park entry and ride entry - no photo pass connection probably.

Thank all to the great information that is on these boards. Gotta admit, all the new stuff is a bit intimidating. But so excited still.
1. & 2. Everyone in your party can use their plastic ticket card for park entry and for tapping into LLs.
3. You can check in for dining via the MDE app (if you have it set to send you notifications, you'll get a notification when it's time to check in), or you can check in with the CM by telling them the name of the person "managing" the ADR (presumably you) and the time of the ADR. They only ask for the confirmation number if they can't find your name on the list.

You're correct about the old MBs - they'll work fine for park entry and tapping into LLs. If they're more than 3 years old, they may or may not work for linking ride photos. They will work fine for getting PhotoPass photos where the photographer taps your MB or for any other function that involves tapping the Mickey icon.

So you're good - have fun!!

Just returned from a long anticipated trip and it had been 8 years! I was surprised but most people were using the plastic tickets and Magic bands were less noticeable. We used these until we bought MB our first day and it was fine. If you are purchasing MB there is little variety available. We ended up just getting plain ones and will get the MB+ next trip when it's available.

We didn't have to show anything for ADRs just provided our name when checking in.

Most of the changes we saw were for the better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter