**About Shakers**

PixieDust32

♥ Live ♥ Love♥ Disney ♥
What materials do you guys normally use? I need to make a different shapes shakers.

Thanks

I use cardstock for the back and frame. Clear overhead transparency acetate for the window part. There are a couple of double sided sticky foam tapes out there. As long as you have the patience to cut it into small pices, you can generally use it to trace any shaped window you want.

patchchild said:
I use cardstock for the back and frame. Clear overhead transparency acetate for the window part. There are a couple of double sided sticky foam tapes out there. As long as you have the patience to cut it into small pices, you can generally use it to trace any shaped window you want.

That's how I do it too. Or I use a sizzix frame and decorate around that and use foam core cut with an exacto knife. I got a new sizzix die that cuts small rectangle boxes for shaker boxes. I haven't had the chance to play with it yet. It was on the website for 40%off. :teeth:

I also use TERRIFICALLY TACKY TAPE to adhere the transparancy to the top of my shakers! They will not come appart if you do this. :)

disneyfreakk said:
I also use TERRIFICALLY TACKY TAPE to adhere the transparancy to the top of my shakers! They will not come appart if you do this. :)

:thanks:

So for the clear part you guys use transparancy? Where can I find it? Did see at LSS.

:thanks:

if you cant find the transparencys then use a page protector out of an album. ;)

disneyfreakk said:

Is this actually the brand name of the tape?! If so, where do you buy it?

YodasMom said:
Is this actually the brand name of the tape?! If so, where do you buy it?

here is a link with pictures :) I guess the full name is "Art Accentz Terrifically Tacky Tape" sorry about that. I know that my LSS and Hobby lobby both have it. This stuff is GREAT! I use it mostly for ribbon and shakers.

http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=82450&PRODID=85700&source=search

Just in case you need some shaker how to tips :

if I am doing more than one shaker ( like in a swap ) I make a pattern for the top and the bottom out of heavy card stock so that all of them will be the same. You will also notice that you will use less paper by fitting as many on a page as you can.

after you cut your pieces out, lay the top of your shaker so the back is facing you. place the tacky tape all the way around your top in the middle of your piece. take the backing off of the tape to expose the sticky, then starting at the top you want to very carefully roll your clear plastic onto the top making sure there are no gaps. This tape bonds instantly, so be careful.:)

next place the double sided foam tape over your clear plastic. leave top of the tape on until after you have put the filler into your shaker top. then peel the protective paper off of the foam tape ( carefully! you dont want your filler to attatch itself to the foam tape and leave gaps ) and start putting the back piece of your shaker on. The easiest way I have found is to place the very top of your back on making sure the top is straight, then do the same with the bottom. you will have a buckle in the middle until you press down to finish, but after you have the top and the bottom done the middle straightens itself out. My shakers always curve if I dont do things this way.

I hope this wasnt too long winded! LOL if you have any questions feel free to ask. :D

~Kellie

disneyfreakk said:
Just in case you need some shaker how to tips :

Thanks Kellie!! This is all very helpful! I've stayed away from shakers, but would like to try them some time. I will print this out. :goodvibes

Thanks for the tips!

I've seen the tape, and always wonder if that was the one.

:cheer2:

glad I could be of help! Shakers are a snap once you get the hang of it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter