About the age requirements for the kid's programs

Interesting point... I don't know the answer but would speculate that maybe the "activities" such as cruise and tea party are not regulated by the Fl. childcare laws... maybe that falls under a different category????:confused:

I would imagine it would be because of the adult to child ratio at these activities vs the adult to child ratio at the day cares.

The ratio is much different (lower) at 4 then it is at 3.

It also has to do with the amount of time the children are in care at a program. Preschools and special activitie programs can operate for 3 hours or less without being considered child care and held to the same tough standards as "child care programs".It has to do with state and federal laws, not WDW rules.

Jordan's mom

The last time I used the Neverland Club it did officially open for childcare at 4PM. However, the club actually is open in the afternoons - but not for childcare. You can go to the club with your children - there was 1 staff member there only. You couldn't leave children, but they can use all the activities and play while you stay with them. Plus you can check over the facilities while you are there. It was a good break for us when it was rainy and storming all afternoon. We stayed for about 2 hours and they had a great time - my littlest was about 1 and the twins were 4 at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter