? about the AP

Illuminations_Rocks

DIS Veteran
Ok, it is my understanding that when you book the weddings, you get an AP voucher. (I am not yet engaged and not sure if I'm doing a Disney wedding when I become, but it is a possibility that DBF keeps pushing for)....
Anyway, if DBF and I go back to Disney say, in February '08, and we buy AP's, and then get engaged/plan our DFTW :love: to occur in, oh, December '08... would I be able to use my voucher in '09 to renew my pass (or just flat-out get a new pass later on in '09), or is it a use it or lose it kinda thing?

Just curious. :goodvibes

I would love to know the answer to this too! Also, do DF and I have to be the ones to use the vouchers, or can we give them to our parents so we can get park hopper plus passes?

Annual Pass vouchers NEVER expire and can be used at any time in the future, so yes, you can do exactly what you are suggesting. The first day of the pass does not start until you activate it with Disney - in voucher form it is good for virtually forever (in theory of course)

The vouchers have no names on them... as far as I know. We haven't gotten our ones from DFTW yet but all the ones I have gotten from the Disney store in advance of a trip never had a name of any sort on it. Not sure why you would want to give up your ap's though lol! :goodvibes

Guest services can tell that the vouchers are free ones from the Weddings Dept. When we exchanged our vouchers for our passes, the guy at Guest Services asked if they were ours, asked us to confirm they were from Disney weddings, and asked to see some photo ID (which I guess was to put on our passes, rather than for any security check!)

He also gave us our "Just Married" badges to wear - yay!

So if your parents tried to redeem them, they might get quizzed a bit, I'm not sure!

But as other people have said - they last forever, so keep them for a free year of Disney if you don't want to use them this year!

Miranda

I was only thinking about letting my parents have them since they will be there the same amount of time next year that we will be there, but DF and I would like to spend some time at the water parks and PI as well and would have to buy separate tickets to do these things if we used them ourselves... Do you get a discount on tickets to water parks and such with an AP?

thanks for your input!!

oh, and there is a discount on admissions for PI/waterparks, but it's pretty small ($4 pp). Still, it helps. You could also pay to upgrade your AP's to Premium AP's that include all that. It appears to be a little over $130 pp to do that, so it might not be worth it if you don't plan on accruing that much in "extras" cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter