• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Accessability for CSR pool?

OJoyfulOne

I LOVE the Dwarfs and hope to see them again when
I read on one of the poster's web sites that the Coronda Springs Resort pool at the dig site was handicapped accessable. Just wondering if anyone knew if the area was accessable or if someone was wheelchair bound, and not able to walk, be able to get into the pool via lift, etc.?

Thanks,

Joy

Bumping up to see if anyone knows. I know the pool there is accessible, but I don't know how accessible.
The types of pool accessibilty that Disney pools have are either zero entry pools or bump step pools. As far as I know, there are no pool lifts in any of the pools.
Zero entry pools have a gradual sloped entry into the pool, sort of like a ramp. They are meant to be used with beach wheelchairs (which can go into the water without damage).
Bump (or Medical) steps are a set of steps that begin at wheelchair seat height. They have grab bars along one side. To use them, you can pull a wheelchair up next to the seat, transfer over to the step seat and then, using the bars, you bump down the steps into the pool.
As they have renovated WDW pools, they have added accessibility features. Some pools have bump steps, some have zero entry in addition to the bump steps.

We were just there....I notice a lot of things because I work with the comp care kids at work. At CSR, there are stairs and by the pyramid there are a set of longer stairs. There is no zero entry, unfortunately, and no lift. You would have to bump down or transfer to a sitting position on the top step. I hope this helps you. I also don't remember seeing any "bump steps", but I could be mistaken.

Thanks Tinkerbelle'sMOM,

Yes, this info helps.

Joy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter