Accessible Travel information?

shortbun

<font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><
we're thinking of either heading to the Rockies or Toronto/Montreal next year. No sites have indicators regarding accessibility. We prefer to rent a condo/ranch house/apartment with groundlevel or elevator entrance and at least one walk-in shower. The other thing lacking is bed size. We sleep in a king and won't sleep if we can't have a king. Got any experience with this or suggestions?

I've never used it but I know someone who used airbnb and was very satisfied. Actually we were thinking of using it for a trip to Florida but our plans changed so we didn't.
We have used VRBO (Vacation Rental By Owner) and were satisfied with that.
That's the only info I have, hope others can provide you with more.

ETA: I mistakenly 1st put FRBO...it's VRBO.. Sorry and good luck!

Last edited:
Shortbun, Most every hotel/resort will have accessible accommodations.
Many will simply NOT guarantee a king bed.
If you are really wanting a condo/house/cabin... You might have to do a bit more digging.
On sites like VRBO, the bed sizes are usually clearly stated. (even pull-outs, bunks, etc.) Just read down thru the listing.
We just rented a 3BR condo for our next beach getaway that is a ground level walk-out.
Some might say "ground level", or "walk-out", right in the title of the listing. (but not every ground level unit states this)
Photos should clearly show the view, patio, balcony, etc. So, even if the floor of the unit is not stated, this will tell you.
I have seen photos that show things like a handicapped accessible bath, with a roll in shower, etc. (rare in houses/cabins)
If the photos do not show all aspects of a rental, I would consider that to be a red flag.

Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter