Accomodation close to Universal Studios

Runey

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Sorry to post this questions but as you know search is currently down :(

I am looking for accomodation as close as possible to Universal without breaking the bank. I will only be visting Universal from this hotel as I am staying at DisneyWorld the rest of my trip.

I had originally thought to stay at the AmeriSuites Universal as I could a good price with Breakfast, but I have now heard some bad things about it (and other AmeriSuites).

I have now thought about the Howard Johnson Plaza Resort or the Enclave Suites.

The Hojo is closer but no Breakfast. The Enclave is further away, looks nicer and has breakfast.

Is the Enclave within walking distance? or are there any other hotels within walking distance and in the same price range that I should look at?

Thanks a bundle I'll stop rambling now :D

If you go to an online hotel search engine just enter Caravan Court as a location. There are several nice hotels on that street all close enough to walk to Universal.(Many also have shuttle service)
I have stayed at the amerisuites and you are wise not to venture there! Next week I will be @ the Holiday in which is probably thas close as you can get walking distance-wise to Universal. They have a TGIFridays on the ground floor that I heard does a great buffet breakfast. Also on that same street is a nice Cracker Barrel Restaurant (hearty homestyle breakfasts lunches and dinners) and a Dennys for a budget meal.
:smooth:

There is a Hampton inn very close, they give you a breakfast also.

I know that this is not for everyone, but we got a great deal on Priceline last October. We were at the Fairfield Inn Orlando South I forget the name of the road it was on, but it was across the street from a denny's and a 7-11. It was very clean and very nice with a breakfast buffet and a pool. It was a 5 minute drive from US/IOA and Sea World. We stayed there for 5 nights at $20/night before moving to the Dolphin for the Disney part of our trip.

I have stayed at both the Holiday Inn cross the street (2x)and the Radisson twin towers across from that (when they bumped us over from the HI after they checked us in, held our bags and then gave our room to someone else while we were in the park!) - both nice enough hotels. The only one I wouldn't stay at again was the one to the far side of Denny's from the HI. I think it was a Days Inn - got a great rate, but the rooms were dirty and I didn't feel very safe there (I travel alone with kids- so I like rooms that don't open to the outside). You should also check the boards to see what people are paying at the HRH, PBH and RP - right now the rates seem great if you have entertainment club or fan club card - I booked RP end of Aug for 109.00 pool view- and FOTL access to boot. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter