Accomodation in Paris

nicola

<font color=deeppink>Tinkerbell<br><font color=gre
I know this is unrelated to DLP but thought some of you may be able to help me with this. I have just decided to book a surprise trip to Paris for my parents as a thankyou present. I have never been to Paris (and neither have they) I have been searching for hotels and B and Bs through google for the past few hours and its a bit of a nightmare :badpc: As I am not familiar with Paris at all I am not too sure where to start. Would like somewhere nice for them, not bothered about whether its a hotel or B and B. Location wise don't have any preferences as long as they can get about without too much trouble. If anyone can help me with this I will very grateful.

the trip before last we stayed a night in one of the holiday inns in paris. I think it was the republique. They have very good rates. Check their web site
www holidayinn.co.uk. We had breakfast included this is a much better deal than paying for it when you get there
i hope this helps
Nikki

Hi

Last time I was in Paris we stayed in a hotel called Hotel La Manufacture. I think the area was called Les Gobelins and the hotel was just across the road from Metro station. There were cafes etc in the region and we were very impressed with the hotel. Rooms were typical Paris size ie. small, but they were nicely decorated and very clean. We had a lovely little balcony and it was nice to do a bit of people watching at night (It was also close to a Police Station, so very interesting!) Breakfast was good also and I woudl definitely stay there again.

I have also stayed in Hotel Sansonnet which is very central, near enough to Notre Dame. This was also very reasonable and very clean, and the rooms were lovely. The breakfast is extra and we only had it once, prefering to eat in one of the many cafes, creperies etc nearby. This was a great choice and again I would stay there again.

Im very very fussy when it comes to hotels, I demand cleanliness and a little bit of luxury also! Try a google search for both hotels and see what you think.

Anne

We went to Paris in 2003 and stayed at Hotel Le Tourville, it is in the 7th andronissment and within easy walking distance of 3 metro stations (there are many many metro stations all around the city, we found it very easy to navigate the city using the metro). It is also easy to walk to the Eiffel Tower and Les Invalides. There is a breakfast at the hotel (for an additional charge), but we didn't get it as there was a great bakery right around the corner where we picked up coffees and pastries each day. There is also a laundry mat less than a block away and a grocery store as well. It is more of an actual neighborhood than a touristy spot which is what we liked about it. The staff speaks english and the rooms were small but perfectly clean and comfortable. We had a 'deluxe' room with a balcony overlooking the street. We found the hotel on www.parisby.com.

Also, we flew out of Cork for only 32 Euro on Aer Lingus (if they still need airfare).

How nice of you to plan such a trip :)

Thanks a million everyone :love: I really appreciate all your help. I now have quite a few recommendations to choose from but if there is anyone else who would like to add anything that would be greatly appreciated also.

The last time that we were in Paris (2003) we stayed in one of the Citadines Apart'hotels - the St Germain des Pres one, right on the Seine. You have a 2 room suite or a studio with a kitchenette so you can cook (or reheat) your own meals. They also have a breakfast room. Our apartment overlooked the Ile de la cite, pont neuf and the Notre Dame and across the water you could see the Louvre and Samaritaine dept store. We were right in the heart of the city and so we didn't even need to use the metro all that much, although the hotel is right next to the St Michel metro station. The St Germain markets are around the corner and there is a Monoprix supermarket down the street.

The citadines chain also has other hotels and apartment hotels all across Paris.

http://www.citadines.com/ukindex0.htm

One trick I have found is to settle on a hotel and then use the hotel website to find out the tariff and then check it against cheap hotel sites to see if you can get a better rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter