According to the smudge marks on my keyboard...

Charade

<font color=royalblue>I'm the one on the LEFT side
It seems I don't use the Q J K Z or X keys nearly as often as the others.

However, the backspace key is worn down to a nub...

Yeah, I have been thinking of buying a cheap replacement keyboard for my laptop, to just change out all the worn out keys. :surfweb:

Haha. My backspace gets a lot of play, too. Unfortunately electronics have a tendency to blow up on me before showing any wear... :sad2:

My keys all work fine, but I have noticed that paint is really worn on my "E" key.

Hmm...the only keys that are showing any wear on my four-year-old macbook are the "A" and "S". The A is pretty much worn off as well as the left half of the S. :confused3

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought you used the backspace all that much. :)

My N is just a speck of white now, and my M is only two peaks. All the rest seem intact, though my left shift key is a little dirty.

My old laptop is missing the S, D, I, O, L, N, M and the space bar on the right side is very worn. The N and M keys also have grooves in them from my fingernail. I loved it because no one in the family could use my laptop since they all are hunt and peck typers! I did pass it on to DH when I got a new one and he took a paint pen and wrote the missing letters on the keys.

Hmm...the only keys that are showing any wear on my four-year-old macbook are the "A" and "S". The A is pretty much worn off as well as the left half of the S. :confused3

Good thing I type touch, A,S,E, M, N are gone and L is on its way out. It does make it hard when I want to look at the keyboard and type something because unless I do not look at it I cannot remember where the keys are that is how much my typing teacher ingrained not looking....except for the numbers.:lmao:

Will you post step-by-step photos for the rest of us? Pleeease??

It's different for each different brand of computer. The directions & pics are online somewhere. You can Google for them. On eBay, you can buy individual keys by the letter. Just input your computer brand & model number + keys and then you can choose individual letters. they are going for anywhere from $.10 - $.30 per key.

But, like Charade, I've worn down so many keys, it would actually be cheaper to just buy the whole keyboard and pluck off and swap out ALL the keys I need. Hewlett Packard actually didn't design keyboards for women with nails. The letters should have been engraved in so we can't scratch them off with our nails. When I replace the keys, I am going to paint a little clear nail polish onto the letters to try to preserve them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter