• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Account Deactivated message on all Disney Log-ins

I can’t get in, but I just tried my husband’s account and he is good. He’s gmail.

When I called I called the IT help desk but said yes when the promos asked if I was a Passholder, so when the call was answered I had been passed to the Passholder line.

If that message suddenly appears for a large number of people my first guess would be that Disney IT messed up some program change. Not being able to log-in wouldn't impact existing reservations. I would wait a day or two and see if they fix the programming error. If LOTS are trying to call, you will likely be on hold a long time just to be told 'we are aware of the issue and working to resolve'.

Edited:
I went back to read through the thread and see that I am in good company here. Praying this is fixed quickly...and that they don't suddenly release HEA dessert party reservations while I'm blocked out!
Releasing the HEA dessert party reservations now would be just awful!!

I can’t get in, but I just tried my husband’s account and he is good. He’s gmail.

When I called I called the IT help desk but said yes when the promos asked if I was a Passholder, so when the call was answered I had been passed to the Passholder line.
I'm Gmail as well, still cannot get in. They did say to me it may be tomorrow morning. Genie+ will be a nightmare if it's still out tomorrow morning and no one can make Lightning Lane res.

Here’s one for you: at Ohana this morning, go to pay with Magic Band, server comes back and says my band isn’t authorized to charge (we’ve been here 4 days). Pay with CC, head back the the front desk at WL, and they say it looks like I’ve been checked out AND charging privileges have ended. Wife couldn’t use her band at the Mercantile while I was at the front deck either. I didn’t check out (although we did leave today) and even the front desk said charging privileges extend to midnight on checkout date. They had no clue what happened. Even gave us a key card just in case the Magic Band wouldn’t open our room door.

ETA: have been able to log into my account all day.

Last edited:

Here’s one for you: at Ohana this morning, go to pay with Magic Band, server comes back and says my band isn’t authorized to charge (we’ve been here 4 days). Pay with CC, head back the the front desk at WL, and they say it looks like I’ve been checked out AND charging privileges have ended. Wife couldn’t use her band at the Mercantile while I was at the front deck either. I didn’t check out (although we did leave today) and even the front desk said charging privileges extend to midnight on checkout date. They had no clue what happened. Even gave us a key card just in case the Magic Band wouldn’t open our room door.

ETA: have been able to log into my account all day.
Oof that sounds incredibly inconvenient and stressful.

Naw, was just mildly irritating. We were going to check out after breakfast anyway. Bands did end up opening the door, so it was just charging privileges. Oh, and the mystery check-out.
Glad the bands continued to work.

Tried to log into both DVC and DCL websites this afternoon. Getting an "account deactivated" error message. Called Member Services and was told it's a "global problem" at the moment. Anyone else having this issue?
Hi. I have the same problem.

yes, I was on this morning and then it just crashed and when I logged back in, the message was that it was deactivated. I called member services and at first, she told me that there hadn't been an issue reported, but then she talked with IT who tried a few things and then said they needed to work on a global issue. Unclear if we will need to be re-activated once the issue is resolved. They had no idea what to do. Still says "deactivated" 10 hours later.
Nancy

Tried to log into both DVC and DCL websites this afternoon. Getting an "account deactivated" error message. Called Member Services and was told it's a "global problem" at the moment. Anyone else having this issue?
I just tried, 6:00ESst, and I got a deactivated message. I’m on hold with DVC now.

Naw, was just mildly irritating. We were going to check out after breakfast anyway. Bands did end up opening the door, so it was just charging privileges. Oh, and the mystery check-out.
Anybody happen to accidentally tap the check out button in the mde app? Just a thought….

Ours still down. I called and the girl i talked to said that everyone’s account was down. I wanted to say, “No…No it isn’t. I’m reading the disboard right now and some are working.” She did say that it should be up by midnight. I asked her if my reservations were still there. She said that of course everything was still correct, but she didn't check for me like some of the others have said. Keeping my fingers crossed.

They have a system message now in MDE that you might have limited services (my words). At least they are acknowledging it so people don't panic who are just realizing the issue.

Anybody happen to accidentally tap the check out button in the mde app? Just a thought….
Nope. It was definitely a glitch. The front desk said it was something they’d never seen before, especially the charging privilege. The front desk CM even went back to get a manager because for some reason she couldn’t get any of it to reset. It was like the system was ahead 24 hours and thought today was tomorrow. Even if we had hit the check out button, the bands should have been good until midnight tonight.

Nope. It was definitely a glitch. The front desk said it was something they’d never seen before, especially the charging privilege. The front desk CM even went back to get a manager because for some reason she couldn’t get any of it to reset. It was like the system was ahead 24 hours and thought today was tomorrow. Even if we had hit the check out button, the bands should have been good until midnight tonight.
Good point. Definitely odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter