Ack! It’s Moonlight Magic

bookbabe626

DIS Veteran
So, ages ago I told a family member that I would be happy to book her a stay on my shiny new DVC points, and she just finally got back to me this week about it…for a week-long stay for their 25th wedding anniversary on September 12th. Sure, I said, I’ll see what I can get.

DH and I have a cruise booked in September, so we didn’t pay any attention to the September Moonlight Magic dates, and of course the DHS one is September 13.

So I’ve got SSR booked for them from Sept 10-13 and Sept 14-16, and I managed to get a VGF for the 13th, and I’ve waitlisted SSR for that night to try to link up the two stays.

What should I do for our other waitlist, to try to get a whole stay somewhere other than SSR? I’d initially thought BWV, but I doubt that’ll come open. Looking at a studio or 1bdrm, pretty flexible on points.

What resort do people think is likeliest to have a cancellation for a week with a DVC event at DHS? I was thinking maybe AKV? Thoughts?

I am traveling during that week and have a 2 bedroom but now my group has changed So have been stalking for a 1 bedroom and so far, not much has showed up other than a night here or there.

But, I do think AKV is you ur best bet.

I’ve been stalking pretty religiously for a Columbus Day weekend four night stay. Number one, don’t count on your waitlist to come through, you will be much better off finding that bridge day on your own via checking a couple of times a day. From what I’ve seen, SSR preferred view is most likely to come through, followed by SSR standard view. Second most common rooms I’ve seen while stalking are those at Grand Floridian actually, which surprised me. I have yet to see more than a single night available at AKV which I thought would have been most available after SSR. So basically go with whatever because it’s all a long shot, but stalking can be really lucrative, especially if you have extra points available to slowly piece together a reservation while keeping what you have.

If anything opens up, it will be SSR. If anything else opens up, those people will cancel their SSR. I'd waitlist both views. Once the middle fills, you can waitlist either view on the beginning or end and hopefully only have one move.

So, ages ago I told a family member that I would be happy to book her a stay on my shiny new DVC points, and she just finally got back to me this week about it…for a week-long stay for their 25th wedding anniversary on September 12th. Sure, I said, I’ll see what I can get.

DH and I have a cruise booked in September, so we didn’t pay any attention to the September Moonlight Magic dates, and of course the DHS one is September 13.

So I’ve got SSR booked for them from Sept 10-13 and Sept 14-16, and I managed to get a VGF for the 13th, and I’ve waitlisted SSR for that night to try to link up the two stays.

What should I do for our other waitlist, to try to get a whole stay somewhere other than SSR? I’d initially thought BWV, but I doubt that’ll come open. Looking at a studio or 1bdrm, pretty flexible on points.

What resort do people think is likeliest to have a cancellation for a week with a DVC event at DHS? I was thinking maybe AKV? Thoughts?
So something other than SSR is what you're asking? Either a 1BR savannah view at Kidani or a 1BR at OKW is where I'd put the best odds.

Update. Worried for no reason. Waitlist for missing night at SSR came through. I can now call MS tomorrow to merge three reservations and switch my waitlists back to trips for me. ;-) They’re thrilled with SSR, since they’ve never stayed anywhere except All Stars, and that was probably 15 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter