Acting Goofy...

lana772

Disneyland Lover
Ok... We all know it... some of us love it. There is something about Disneyland that makes us all a little (some a lot) Goofy. We wear things we wouldn't normally, eat things we don't usually allow ourselves and behave in a manner that would be considered institutional in our everyday lives.

I will start by saying I have an abnormally large smile at DL. My face usually starts hurting the 2nd day. Family members have accused me of drinking large amounts of alcohol while I'm there. I sing... yes sing! ride songs. I embarrass my children (whom I hug a lot). I talk to total strangers in line. AND I must not leave out... I will wear clothing most of my real life friends would think were quite childish. Life is great at DL!

Let's come clean... admit it... confession is good for the soul.

What is Goofy about you at Disneyland?

lana772 said:
Ok... We all know it... some of us love it. There is something about Disneyland that makes us all a little (some a lot) Goofy. We wear things we wouldn't normally, eat things we don't usually allow ourselves and behave in a manner that would be considered institutional in our everyday lives.

I will start by saying I have an abnormally large smile at DL. My face usually starts hurting the 2nd day. Family members have accused me of drinking large amounts of alcohol while I'm there. I sing... yes sing! ride songs. I embarrass my children (whom I hug a lot). I talk to total strangers in line. AND I must not leave out... I will wear clothing most of my real life friends would think were quite childish. Life is great at DL!

Let's come clean... admit it... confession is good for the soul.

What is Goofy about you at Disneyland?

This is a tough one, because I am pretty Goofy every day. Lol

I would have to say maybe my love of big hats, I love hats and I feel Disney is a perfect venue.

My DD also wears some type of costume to the park.... She loves "dress up" from Buzz to Pirate to Princess

47807250000_zps59d19d3e.jpg

Ha... as soon as I walk through that tunnel, it's on. Well, who am I kidding? It starts before we even get on the plane or in the car for the trip. We sing Disney songs, wear silly outfits and all around just have a good time. It's awesome.

When we went to WDW last year we stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort, and every night on the shuttle back to our room my youngest daughter and I would sing Kokomo, much to the chagrin of her older sister.

CamoMama said:
Ha... as soon as I walk through that tunnel, it's on. Well, who am I kidding? It starts before we even get on the plane or in the car for the trip. We sing Disney songs, wear silly outfits and all around just have a good time. It's awesome.

When we went to WDW last year we stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort, and every night on the shuttle back to our room my youngest daughter and I would sing Kokomo, much to the chagrin of her older sister.

OMG! Can you imagine that poor bus driver if both of our families were on there at the same time!! I believe my oldest DD would want to wait for the next bus. ;)

Hahahahaha... embarrassing teenagers is what I live for! Although I gotta say they're pretty awesome and play along for the most part. In the morning on the way to the parks we'd sing Winnie the Pooh, because it's my youngest daughter's favorite. Note that she's 16, so also a teenager, but revels in making her big sister turn as red as possible by being silly with me.

CamoMama said:
Hahahahaha... embarrassing teenagers is what I live for! Although I gotta say they're pretty awesome and play along for the most part. In the morning on the way to the parks we'd sing Winnie the Pooh, because it's my youngest daughter's favorite. Note that she's 16, so also a teenager, but revels in making her big sister turn as red as possible by being silly with me.

Ahhh....
Good times... good times! ;)

While skipping through the FP line, I embarrass my teenage daughter by softly singing, "I'm skipping the line, I'm skipping the line."

I also wear Disney shirts, dance unprovoked, and get teary-eyed during shows and fireworks. She can blame the large amount of sugar I eat there, but we all know it's the magic. ;) pixiedust:

PHXscuba

PHXscuba said:
While skipping through the FP line, I embarrass my teenage daughter by softly singing, "I'm skipping the line, I'm skipping the line."

I also wear Disney shirts, dance unprovoked, and get teary-eyed during shows and fireworks. She can blame the large amount of sugar I eat there, but we all know it's the magic. ;) pixiedust:

PHXscuba

Love it!!! Yeah... I've been known to get a sugar high there too. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter