Activate San Antonio Platinum Pass at Orlando

Sphyrna

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at the Platinum Pass for Sea World and can't believe the price difference between getting it from San Antonio ($199) and Orlando ($429). I'm guessing it has to be activated at the park you buy it at? Is there a way to buy the Platinum Pass from San Antonio but activate it at SW Orlando? If I can get the Platinum Pass for $199 for 2 years I'm all over that!!

Several times I have had non-activated Sesame Place "Super Grover" passes that i have used for entrance to Seaworld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Seaworld San Diego. I have never had a problem. The clerk on the phone had said that I would not be able to get the preferred parking, but on all occassions the attendents have given it to me. I think one time I did get tied up in a wait at guest services @ Busch Gardens- they had to issue me a special day pass, but Seaworld let me in with my email confirmation. Keep in mind that Sesame Place is only open seasonally and maybe that is why they do not require the activated pass. It is amazing the price differences between the Busch parks for the same type of pass!!! As an aside - if you have small children and visit the PA area - Sesame Place is a great ( although small) park! :)

Thanks for the reply. I also looked at the Super Grover pass from Sesame Place, since I live in PA. Like you, I wonder if it's because it's only open seasonally that they allow you to activate it at Orlando. Do you do the EZpay for your Sesame Place pass? The other thing I like about getting a platinum pass is with EZpay you're locked into the monthly payment. I wasn't sure how that would work with the Sesame Place pass since their EZpay is 3 monthly payments. Normally I don't mind paying a little more and playing by the rules, but when you're talking over $200 price difference for the same thing...!!

The way I see it...
Orlando - 4 parks nearby open all year long
San Diego - 1 park open year round
San Antonio/PA - 1 park open seasonally

Depending on which park you live closest too, depends on how often you can go. People living in San Antonio would not pay 400$ for 1 park that's closed a few months out of the year. And your discounts and promos are related to your home park. Platinum passholders got sent a coupon card a couple summers ago, free ride photo at SW and BG, buy an adult entree get a kids meal free, and few other things. But it was only good for your home park. What good would special promotions for Texas passholder do for a florida resident??

As far as activation, you can have the option to have the cards mailed to you. If they're mailed, they are already activated.

As far as SP pass, it does not allow you to lock into the month rate program like the San Antonio pass. You could also look into the Busch Gardens in Williamsburg.

My Platinum pass EZ Pay payments are locked in at $12/mo which was the price in 2003 when I upgraded from Silver to Platinum at Sea World Orlando.The only problem I have is that my pass includes all 3 Sea World parks,both Busch parks,the waterparks in Tampa and Virginia and Sesame Place,but excludes Aquatica since when they opened it they wanted me to "upgrade" my pass to include Aquatica which meant my monthly payment would go from $12 to $17 something.I'm not a local, I'm almost 4 hours away so I'm not at Aquatica often enough to warrant the change,however I really like Aquatica so I think next time I pay a visit to the Williamsburg park I'll get a new Platinum pass at their rates which are much lower than the current Florida park rates and will include Aquatica,I can then cancel my current pass since it's been years I've been month month with it and no longer under a contract.

How do I have the passes mailed to me? When I order online the only option I see is for Eticket. Do I have to call them?

I just called Sea World San Antonio and asked about buying their Platinum pass and using it at Orlando next month. He said I can take the Eticket to the gate there and they would stamp me in for admission, but I wouldn't get the free parking. I also wouldn't be able to activate the Eticket there for a regular pass, I'd have to do that at San Antonio. I asked about having the pass mailed to me and he said he could do that, but then when I stated I wanted to use EZpay he said there's no override to have the pass mailed, I'd have to do the Eticket.

You can't activate a San Ant pass at Orlando. I called and asked perviously. On Black Friday, Super Grovers go on sale for $146 each. That gets you free parking and free entrance to all Busch, Sesame, SeaWorld, Aquatica. That seems to be teh best deal to me. No EZ pay option. You can have them mailed to you ready for use at Orlando FIRST. I think there is a $8 up charge for that mailing??

Ok. As I mentioned previously - I have done the Super Grover several times, including twice when I did not have the actual passes yet - only the E-Ticket. The E-Tickets worked but it was FAR easier if you have the actual pass in your hand. We are actually going next week and for my mom & son I was going to get the Pepsi Buy1 Get 1 deal and order myself a Super Grover Pass with an E-Ticket ( because no way to get to PA this weekend! ). We will go back to Seaworld & B Gardens in January for just my son & I, and this way my mom gets a discounted ticket and I can spend a little less money prior to Christmas ( buy the second pass later ).

Now for the part that may help the rest of you :)

Thanks to "andrews-dad" - I went to SesamePlace.com and I looked up the special he mentioned. The AP's are all 25% off starting 11/26 all the way til mid March! You can have the actual passes shipped to you via FEDEX for $8.00. And it allowed me to purchase them NOW at that reduced price of $146 plus $10 tax!!! You can not use EZ pay.

This is a FABULOUS deal - which I hope will continue in future years - it is unfortunate that the costs are so huge for the Seaworld parks AP's. Of course if you have younger kids Sesame place is a great park also!!

Ok. As I mentioned previously - I have done the Super Grover several times, including twice when I did not have the actual passes yet - only the E-Ticket. The E-Tickets worked but it was FAR easier if you have the actual pass in your hand. We are actually going next week and for my mom & son I was going to get the Pepsi Buy1 Get 1 deal and order myself a Super Grover Pass with an E-Ticket ( because no way to get to PA this weekend! ). We will go back to Seaworld & B Gardens in January for just my son & I, and this way my mom gets a discounted ticket and I can spend a little less money prior to Christmas ( buy the second pass later ).

Now for the part that may help the rest of you :)

Thanks to "andrews-dad" - I went to SesamePlace.com and I looked up the special he mentioned. The AP's are all 25% off starting 11/26 all the way til mid March! You can have the actual passes shipped to you via FEDEX for $8.00. And it allowed me to purchase them NOW at that reduced price of $146 plus $10 tax!!! You can not use EZ pay.

This is a FABULOUS deal - which I hope will continue in future years - it is unfortunate that the costs are so huge for the Seaworld parks AP's. Of course if you have younger kids Sesame place is a great park also!!

Yes, they do indeed do this Black Friday sales deal annually. Of course, teh ticket price goes up a little bit each year and because you can't LOCK IN this deal with EZ pay, you pay a bit more each and every year.

It is a great deal, but not as good as the Sea Worl Antonio Plat Pass for $199 for 2 full years (This is 146 for one year), but I can't find a way around using at SW Antonio FIRST. I've called and emailed CS, and both times they said it MUST be used at SW SA FIRST!!

I missed the fact that the San Antonio pass is good for two years...that is a great deal!! Did customer service say that you couldn't access Seaworld Orlando with just your E-Ticket? I was under the impression that you could either use the E-ticket or be issued a temp day pass. Sometimes the clerk on the phone is not fully aware of the ins & outs. I was just told the special would not work prior to 11/26 and that even though 3-4 day shipping is offered that it would not arrive in 3-4 days. Now Im quite sure the clerk was erring on the side of caution because there could have been a shipping delay, but fortunately within the hour of purchasing online , I rcvd my tracking # from Fedex ( or maybe US Priority... ) . Please update us about the response you rcv from guest services- this is of great interest to us bagain hunters !!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I bought the Super Grover Passes last winter. I would recommend just paying the $8 to get the paper tickets. They will come from "Worlds of Discovery" in Florida. They are paper tickets, that have a picture of all the icons for ALL the parks on the front. On the back they say Platinum Pass (Super Grover). We used it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Busch Gardens Tampa, and SeaWorld Orlando with no problems- all honored preferred parking and food and merchandise discounts. I actually bought them in February, and then used them in Busch Gardens Williamsburg during Spring Break. Sesame Place hadn't even opened for the season yet. All places honored free preferred parking, and all parks except BGW offered the Ride-Again privleges.

Also, if you do have little ones, that Super Grover Pass is worth it for the Character Meet and Greet at Sesame Place alone. :) You also get preferred seating for all of their shows. It's a great perk when you are dealing with the patience level of a 2 y.o. wanting to do these things!

I missed the fact that the San Antonio pass is good for two years...that is a great deal!! Did customer service say that you couldn't access Seaworld Orlando with just your E-Ticket? I was under the impression that you could either use the E-ticket or be issued a temp day pass. Sometimes the clerk on the phone is not fully aware of the ins & outs. I was just told the special would not work prior to 11/26 and that even though 3-4 day shipping is offered that it would not arrive in 3-4 days. Now Im quite sure the clerk was erring on the side of caution because there could have been a shipping delay, but fortunately within the hour of purchasing online , I rcvd my tracking # from Fedex ( or maybe US Priority... ) . Please update us about the response you rcv from guest services- this is of great interest to us bagain hunters !!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

I've not heard of anyone using a San Ant Plat pass at Orlando first and getting away with it. The San Ant website says it must be activated at San Ant first in terms and conditions. The Cust Serv rep on teh phone told me the same. The Cust Serv person I emailed said the same. I'd love to know any way around buying a slight across country to activate it! :rotfl: Seriously, if anyone has been successful let us hear it. Right now I plan to buy a Sesame Place on 11/26 Grover Pass, with first use in dec at SW Orlando and then Busch Tampa (Aquatica IF we have a nice late summer heat wave in FLA!!).

I was able to order the Super Grover's yesterday at the reduced price AND I have just checked the delivery status - THE PACKAGE HAS ALREADY ARRIVED AT THE SORTING FACILITY IN MY HOME TOWN ON CAPE COD!!!!!! AMAZING less than 24 hours from order to arrival!!!! I know that you cant count on delivery that fast - but this is incredible! I will check the tix when they are in my hand and let you know what they look like - although Im sure they are identical to what has been previously posted. Sesame also used to offer a special at this time of the year - buy three passes get one free. Depending on your group size this was a great deal. They have probably replaced it with the 25% off sale. that works out better for most peolple.

Well less than 24 hours from ordering to delivery - I have the Super Grover pass in my hands!!! Absolutely Amazing!! I did only pay the $146 plus tax - so you can access the sale online early if necessary. It is as previously posted , a "worlds of Discovery" pass on the front, Super Grover platinum on the back. When I had called the phone lines - the clerk never told me that mailing the tix to me were an option in this situation. So glad I checked out the Sesame Place site a few days earlier than I would have - THANK YOU ANDREWS DAD!! :worship: I figured I'd have to do E-ticket and any hassels that may accompany it.

Well less than 24 hours from ordering to delivery - I have the Super Grover pass in my hands!!! Absolutely Amazing!! I did only pay the $146 plus tax - so you can access the sale online early if necessary. It is as previously posted , a "worlds of Discovery" pass on the front, Super Grover platinum on the back. When I had called the phone lines - the clerk never told me that mailing the tix to me were an option in this situation. So glad I checked out the Sesame Place site a few days earlier than I would have - THANK YOU ANDREWS DAD!! :worship: I figured I'd have to do E-ticket and any hassels that may accompany it.

I am glad I helped you all get paper tickets. Now I am struggling to get them. The first clerk I called said that was not an option. I'd have to wait in line daily at SW in Florida to get stamped in. I argued and got nowhere. Time to call again and get a new clerk and hope they know better!!

called clerk #2. they said no go as well, saying must activate at home park. complained..... on hold for manager!! .... she says it $15 each to ship and activate! .. on hold again.... why me??????

ok, back down to $8 each.

oops. need to know birthdates of all parties. i don't know the in-laws birthdays!!!! have to call back. 26 minute phone call for nothing!!! have to start from scratch next time!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!

so, people, learn from me. know all birthdays before call. then, stay vigilant that you can get them activated and shipped for $8 each since Seasame is closed for season. the clerks do not know how it works, but YOU now do!!!

"Andrew's Dad" Im back from our trip and Im sorry you had such a hard time with these tickets!!! Did you finally have to settle for the Sesame Place passes? I didnt have the hassel of getting the tickets because I ordered them online- the clerks were never able to give me the complete information re: activating & rcving these passes. I received free parking, food discounts, and tour discounts - with no problem! I hope everything works out for you and that you have a great trip!!!! :)

Just think of all the money you just saved!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter