Activities between LL rides

Disney loving Iowan

DIS Veteran
Just wondering what are some of your favorite things to do in between your scheduled LL's. We will no doubt do some shopping, eat some snacks and go to rides with shorter lines but what are some other things we should check out in that time. Any spots in the park to check out that are usually overlooked or any activities we could do? TIA

All of what you said, plus character meet and greets, bathroom breaks (with 3 kids, it's a frequent occurrence), enjoying the ambiance and non-ride attractions, like the castle walkthrough, snow white's wishing well, sword in the stone, sorcerer's workshop in DCA, all the shows in Avenger's campus, the ambiance in Cars Land. There are things to see everywhere.

Couple of ideas:

In DL, spend some time taking the various vehicles and up and down Main Street.

Also in DL, take the walkway behind the Harbor Cafe to watch the boats that have just come down the big drop on Splash Mountain. (If it's open when you're there.)

In DCA, walk the trail behind Grizzly River Run. See the waterfall and watch rafts going down drops.

I love all the things already mentioned. Cable cars in DCA are also fun. Philharmagic is another thing that is easy to do and uncrowded.

If you want to go some place super dead and quiet but great for real Disney fans - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/disney-gallery/. DH and I spent a good chunk of time there one night the week between Christmas and NYE, which was obv crazy busy - but still maybe like 6 other people in there with us, looking at the HM exhibit. (You don't mention your group's ages, but little kids would likely be bored.)

I love all the things already mentioned. Cable cars in DCA are also fun. Philharmagic is another thing that is easy to do and uncrowded.

If you want to go some place super dead and quiet but great for real Disney fans - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/disney-gallery/. DH and I spent a good chunk of time there one night the week between Christmas and NYE, which was obv crazy busy - but still maybe like 6 other people in there with us, looking at the HM exhibit. (You don't mention your group's ages, but little kids would likely be bored.)
Oh that sounds awesome! It will be me and my grown daughter and we love stuff like that. Also really want to do the cable cars because it wasn't running the last time . Thank you.

Couple of ideas:

In DL, spend some time taking the various vehicles and up and down Main Street.

Also in DL, take the walkway behind the Harbor Cafe to watch the boats that have just come down the big drop on Splash Mountain. (If it's open when you're there.)

In DCA, walk the trail behind Grizzly River Run. See the waterfall and watch rafts going down drops.
I do want to try some of those vehicles since they don't have them at WDW. Splash will still be running so that may be good also. Thank you

All of what you said, plus character meet and greets, bathroom breaks (with 3 kids, it's a frequent occurrence), enjoying the ambiance and non-ride attractions, like the castle walkthrough, snow white's wishing well, sword in the stone, sorcerer's workshop in DCA, all the shows in Avenger's campus, the ambiance in Cars Land. There are things to see everywhere.
Oh I'll have to check the workshop out. I haven't done that before. Thank you.

Oh I'll have to check the workshop out. I haven't done that before. Thank you.
Also be sure to go to one of the animation academy lessons! Same building in DCA. Basically that entire street is just really enjoyable for browsing and non-ride activities, IMO, and convenient if you are waiting around for a Guardians LL. We scanned in pretty late one day, with our first LL like 3 or 4 hours out. We took our sweet time browsing (esp the store with the art), animation, Philharmagic, cable cars. DH, DD17 and I really enjoyed ourselves, nice break from the rides. (DS14 would have died from boredom but had stayed back at the hotel.)

If you like Star Wars, Galaxy's Edge is also great for wandering. The stores are not just plain ol' stores, and they have vehicles and photo ops all over. Plus you have room to breathe while wandering, unlike the older parts of DL.

If you like Star Wars, Galaxy's Edge is also great for wandering. The stores are not just plain ol' stores, and they have vehicles and photo ops all over. Plus you have room to breathe while wandering, unlike the older parts of DL.
There are also the elements of SWGE that interact with the Disney Play app. For example, you can rev up the engines of an X-wing or trigger a secret radio transmission.

See some shows! I love the ones at the Royal Theatre. They are short pantomimes of Beauty and the Beast or Tangled. Very silly and entertaining. i also really enjoyed Tale of the Lion King at the Fantasyland Theater. Amazing singing and dancing! Neither of these require getting there too far in advance and it’s also nice to get off your feet for awhile 😊

Oh, and the Magic Happens parade starts up again this week. Looks like it will run twice each day. I can’t wait to see that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter