Adagio City Aparthotel Val d'Europe

TracyK

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of booking the Adagio City Val d'Europe (formerly Pierre & Vacances residence) How good or bad is the shuttle service to the parks. We will probably get a taxi back at night, does anybody know the cost approx. Thanks :)

Tracy

Hi

we are staying here in Aug :)

i cant remember where i read,but someone said the shuttles are a bit hit & miss :confused3 :(

we are going to drive, and park for free with APs in the HNY car park

Thanks :) Just booked this and the man on reservations had actually stayed there and told me that as far as he remembers shuttles run twice an hour, not too bad.

Tracy

Not speaking from my own experience, but Val d'Europe is apparently ever so easy to reach by train, just one stop away and I know that someone else mentioned that they walked it from the Adaggio to the parks :)

Thanks :) Just booked this and the man on reservations had actually stayed there and told me that as far as he remembers shuttles run twice an hour, not too bad.

Tracy

fab :) did he tell you what time the first and last ones are ?

friends of ours are coming with us,and they will prob go to DLRP later than us,so may want to use the shuttle

when are you going ? :goodvibes

fab :) did he tell you what time the first and last ones are ? :goodvibes

He just said that they start before park opens? We will be buying AP's so we will be going early not sure if shuttle is available then so we will either get train or taxi.
when are you going ?

We are going at the end of August. We have been several times before but never in the summer :)

Not speaking from my own experience, but Val d'Europe is apparently ever so easy to reach by train, just one stop away and I know that someone else mentioned that they walked it from the Adaggio to the parks

It is easy to reach by train as we went shopping there when staying onsite. I believe it's about a 20 min walk from what I've been told by someone who walked it. :thumbsup2

Tracy

20 mins isn't bad,if the weather is nice :)

and it may help to burn off some of that food :rotfl:

We've stayed here five times and used the shuttle buses until we got APs and found it easier to drive - it's five minutes in the car and very easy to get there and back.

Not sure what time the first bus goes but we frequently got on the one that left at 9.15am, which meant we were walking through bag check at about 9.40am and straight into the park. The last bus was about 11.30pm I think (or maybe that was the latest one we caught).

The buses do run on time and were always reliable, the only problem is that they do get really busy and you have to fight your way on - not easy with children and buggies/luggage. The train ride is only one stop (I think) but you get off at the wrong end of Val D'Europe shopping centre, and whilst it only takes about 10 minutes to walk back to the hotel from the train station, sometimes another 10 minutes on your feet is the last thing you want at the end of a long day at Disney!!

Not sure about the cost of a taxi but I'm sure it wouldn't be much, as it is literally a five minute drive. Hope that helps!

These are the apartments that share the bus with the Hotel L'Elysee I think. If so you will be given a timetable for the shuttle bus but be warned when we used it they were very prompt. One day we tried to catch a bus back and were running about a minute late and it had left. We were tired and we would have had to wait over an hour for the next bus so we just crossed over to the train station and caught the train - just one stop and inexpensive. However, I'm sure I've read before that the apartments are a little trek from the station but the L'Elysee is only about 5 min walk.

We've stayed here five times and used the shuttle buses until we got APs and found it easier to drive - it's five minutes in the car and very easy to get there and back.

Not sure what time the first bus goes but we frequently got on the one that left at 9.15am, which meant we were walking through bag check at about 9.40am and straight into the park. The last bus was about 11.30pm I think (or maybe that was the latest one we caught).

The buses do run on time and were always reliable, the only problem is that they do get really busy and you have to fight your way on - not easy with children and buggies/luggage. The train ride is only one stop (I think) but you get off at the wrong end of Val D'Europe shopping centre, and whilst it only takes about 10 minutes to walk back to the hotel from the train station, sometimes another 10 minutes on your feet is the last thing you want at the end of a long day at Disney!!

Not sure about the cost of a taxi but I'm sure it wouldn't be much, as it is literally a five minute drive. Hope that helps!

thanks for info :goodvibes

so i guess if you have been back 5 times,the accomodation must be ok then ? :)

Hi Cuthbert and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

We like it! The apartments have always been clean and reasonably equiped - take a travel kettle though, as you only get a coffee machine and saucepans - not impossible to make a cup of tea but easier with a kettle.

We love being able to pop round the corner to Val D'Europe and pick up croissants for breakfast and pasta for dinner, and it saved us a lot of money on food too. And although I love being immersed in all things Disney, it was nice to see something a bit different too.

Would definitely stay there again and we frequently recommend it to people.

We like it! The apartments have always been clean and reasonably equiped - take a travel kettle though, as you only get a coffee machine and saucepans - not impossible to make a cup of tea but easier with a kettle.

We love being able to pop round the corner to Val D'Europe and pick up croissants for breakfast and pasta for dinner, and it saved us a lot of money on food too. And although I love being immersed in all things Disney, it was nice to see something a bit different too.

Would definitely stay there again and we frequently recommend it to people.

thanks for that :) wouldnt have thought about bringing a kettle !

whats the pool like ?

We've only used the pool once and it was cold - think it was supposed to be heated but it didn't seem to be! My son and husband quite enjoyed themselves though, maybe they're less sensitive to the cold than me! Mostly we go out of season so it's not been open (and we rarely have time or energy to use it - although somehow I always find just enough energy to do some shopping at Val D'Europe).

We've only used the pool once and it was cold - think it was supposed to be heated but it didn't seem to be! My son and husband quite enjoyed themselves though, maybe they're less sensitive to the cold than me! Mostly we go out of season so it's not been open (and we rarely have time or energy to use it - although somehow I always find just enough energy to do some shopping at Val D'Europe).

lol funny that ..... ;)

we are going in august, so hopefully it will be nice and warm to use the pool!

think shopping will win for me over swimming though :goodvibes

We're just back and the apartment was fine. Our apartment had a fairly new kettle in it so I don't know if they all have a kettle now. Parking at the hotel was 15 Euros a day; luckily I'd read on a hotel booking site that parking was 60 Euros for a week because they wanted to charge me 105 Euros for the week.

It's great being so close to a supermarket because we ate pretty cheaply each day, other than when we ate out. But the shopping centre was absolutely mad on Saturday so I'd avoid it on a Saturday if you can.

They provided us with a cleaning kit - dishwasher tablets, clothes, washing up liquid etc - but I don't know if they do that for shorter stays.

We're hoping to use our Tesco vouchers and stay with them again later in the year.

We're just back and the apartment was fine. Our apartment had a fairly new kettle in it so I don't know if they all have a kettle now. Parking at the hotel was 15 Euros a day; luckily I'd read on a hotel booking site that parking was 60 Euros for a week because they wanted to charge me 105 Euros for the week.

It's great being so close to a supermarket because we ate pretty cheaply each day, other than when we ate out. But the shopping centre was absolutely mad on Saturday so I'd avoid it on a Saturday if you can.

They provided us with a cleaning kit - dishwasher tablets, clothes, washing up liquid etc - but I don't know if they do that for shorter stays.

We're hoping to use our Tesco vouchers and stay with them again later in the year.

Hi

glad you enjoyed :)

did you use the shuttles ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter