Add On Contract Question- UY

kalishea

Mouseketeer
I want to make sure I'm thinking correctly so this may be a silly question but worth the ask in not making a mistake.
We have 2 contracts now...
300 points Aulani, June UY
100 points VGC, August UY

If we want more points at VGC I need it to be an August UY to be worthwhile in using with my current VGC, correct?

I want to make sure I'm thinking correctly so this may be a silly question but worth the ask in not making a mistake.

If we want more points at VGC I need it to be an August UY to be worthwhile in using with my current VGC, correct?

It really depends on you and how involved you want to be in tracking your points across your multiple UYs. Some people have no problem doing that, others will never even consider it.

If it were me, I would be ensuring my new VGC points are matched with the current August UY you have. It allows you to combine the points easily between the two contracts at the 11 month mark which is important for VGC.

A different use year is doable, but booking is much easier (and quicker) if you get the same use year and add the contract to your existing VGC contract. Be sure to make sure the new conrract is titled exactly the same as the VGC contract you already have.

Perfect, thank you!! I already think it's a pain managing Aulani and VGC with different UY's so I will work on trying to find an August UY for the VGC. :)

Keeping VGC points with the current VGC points makes it so much easier to book one reservation with all those points at the 11 month window. If there are different UYs, then you have to book some nights on one, some on the other, or transfer.

So, IMO, getting an Aug UY will simplify your life!!!

Ok I’m not going to deviate from the plan then. I will search for an August use year. Thanks sooooo much!

Just a thought, couldn’t I still book at 10 months then with both contracts combined?
No, you can’t combine them at any time without transferring. A different UY means a separate membership, as if you were two separate people. At 11 months you could book some nights with one membership and some with the other, but you couldn’t book a night with points from both memberships e.g. if the night cost 20 points you couldn’t use 8 from one and 12 from the other. With the same UY you could do that.

Ok thank you for clarifying! I’ve only had my 2nd contract a month and so trying to figure out the combining. So all I need to make sure is an august use year at vgc and then I can combine to make one reservation? I should’ve just bought more in the first place but such is life!!

Ok thank you for clarifying! I’ve only had my 2nd contract a month and so trying to figure out the combining. So all I need to make sure is an august use year at vgc and then I can combine to make one reservation? I should’ve just bought more in the first place but such is life!!
Yep, as long as your VGC contracts are the same UY, they’ll function as one pool of points when making reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter