Added cost for upper decks vs deck 2?

NOLA0116

Earning My Ears
Is it worth the extra $200 to not be on deck 1 or 2? Currently myself wife and daughters (3yr and 1yr) booked on forward deck 5 (5512) of the magic in an ocean view and think the extra money would be worth it to not be a deck with nothing but rooms. Parents have decided to join so looking at other rooms and only connecting available are down on deck 2. There's a standard inside sideway available across from us (5505) but I guess I'm worried about noise from the theater on this one. This will be our first Disney cruise and haven't had great experiences on carnival type cruises so not sure what's the best get. Cruise is Jan 2018 and most rooms look booked so options are limited. Thanks for the help!

Is it worth the extra $200 to not be on deck 1 or 2? Currently myself wife and daughters (3yr and 1yr) booked on forward deck 5 (5512) of the magic in an ocean view and think the extra money would be worth it to not be a deck with nothing but rooms. Parents have decided to join so looking at other rooms and only connecting available are down on deck 2. There's a standard inside sideway available across from us (5505) but I guess I'm worried about noise from the theater on this one. This will be our first Disney cruise and haven't had great experiences on carnival type cruises so not sure what's the best get. Cruise is Jan 2018 and most rooms look booked so options are limited. Thanks for the help!
My preference on the Magic class ships is deck 2. Quiet, but very convenient to a lot. Dining rooms/theater/adult areas one or two decks up. And it's easier to catch an elevator on a lower floor than one on a middle deck.

We've been in several locations on deck 2. Under a lounge, dining room, public walking spaces. Unless you're highly sensitive to noise, I find there's really no problem with noise.

This is really going to be a personal preference thing. For what it is worth, I love deck two for all the reasons that Princess Shoo listed. Also, the ship sways more the higher you go, so a lower deck can be better if you are subject to motion sickness.

My parents and i stayed in 2582 and 2584 on the Magic in Feb, and I loved it. It was a little too midship/aft for me as I am a forward section fan, but I enjoyed being so close to the water.

I'm currently booked in 2504 on the Wonder for Feb 2018, and while I did contemplate changing to 7500 as I typically like higher, the difference is around $600 for my week. That is a lot of money I can put towards something else. I am kinda toying with changing to Deck 1 just to try it out - the savings is maybe 2 drinks of the day if I do, so it would totally be about the experience there.

I love deck 2. What rooms are you looking at? Some rooms on deck 2 can be noisy. I would avoid being under the galley, too far aft, or under the night club. Any rooms between aft and forward elevators should be good.

We like deck 5 but the forward rooms do have noise from the theatre, we have stayed in 5520 on the Magic twice and have had noise from the theatre. Deck 2 is our second choice after deck 5.

Earlier in the year we had booked a last minute cruise and were placed in an ocean view room WAY forward on deck 5. We were VERY skeptical about the location - but ended up loving it. We actually stopped by our room more frequently to change or drop off / pick up in the room because it was so convenient.

That being said, we will probably continue to book deck 2 on all of the ships.

DH and I were on the Magic room 2644 back in the early 2000s and will would prefer not to book deck 2 again. While the level was quiet, we heard a low repetitive noise from what we though might be the engines that we would hear at night. Once we fell asleep it was fine, but we prefer not to hear it. We have always opted for a higher deck room since, so for us it is always worth the extra money.

We had 2021 on the magic and there might be a stairwell or something behind that room. There was tapping and squeaking all hours. My husband got tired of not being able to sleep so he complained and they moved us to 5150.

We are currently booked in 5512 and 5020 (secret porthole room) for the parents. Probably gonna stick with that. Thanks for those who replied.

We stayed in a deck 2 aft room 2518 on a Wonder 7 night cruise. One of the things I liked about that location is that the elevator does not seem to go down to deck 1 on that part of the ship. That could be one of the reasons that the AFT elevators weren't crowded at all.

We are currently booked in 5512 and 5020 (secret porthole room) for the parents. Probably gonna stick with that. Thanks for those who replied.
I spent 12 nights in 5020. Just an FYI it's next to the officers door to their staterooms Expect to hear the door slam frequently especially early in the morning.

We've only ever stayed on deck 8 and I can say with certainty there was no "swaying" on upper decks on a ship this size. The motion we felt *severely* was aft 3 in the restaurants at dinner and deck 4 in the theatres the first night. This.was during the crossing of the Atlantic and or Gulf to the Caribbean. I am sure there are seas rough enough to feel swaying on higher decks but not in the Caribbean or Bahamian cruises we've taken on DCL. Not sure about other itineraries. I would only be concerned about mechanical noises and vibrations when on deck 2 (and aft if in Fantasy ). I get horrible motion sickness and.was never affected on deck 8.

This is really going to be a personal preference thing. For what it is worth, I love deck two for all the reasons that Princess Shoo listed. Also, the ship sways more the higher you go, so a lower deck can be better if you are subject to motion sickness.

This is completely opposite of anyone in our party's experience. We barely notice the ship movement until we go down to lower levels for foood and activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter