Adding 2 people when we check in

Laura678

Mouseketeer
Hi folks,

I did a quick search there and didn't get any results.

I am planning on booking a stay in the Sequoia Lodge for 1 adult and 1 child in January and when I arrive I want to add 2 more adults.

I just rang Disney and the lady said she couldn't tell me any price per adding them per night as it would be up to the hotel.

So I said I would ask the real experts!
When I check in is it simple to just add the other 2 people? And how much per person per night is it?

Tell the CM's when you check in that you want to add them on a room only basis. You will be asked to pay a couple of extra euro's a night which covers the extra tax.

You will then have to sort tickets out for the extra guests.

You will be able to add the 2 extra adults no problem at all when you check in at your hotel. The typical local tax is no more than a couple of euros per night - but when I added my daughter last year at the Santa Fe they didn't charge me anything extra at all.

You should contact the hotel about a week before you arrive, to tell them you need a room for 4 people (some hotel rooms have one king bed instead of 2 doubles, so best to tell them before you arrive).

If you have enough APs theres no need to buy tickets (did i read you have an AP??) as there will be two tickets with the original booking.

Or you could look at buying APs. I see some posts about CEMultivantage (sp?) and they seem to do cheap APs but be sure to check blackout dates in regards to which APs you have/purchase.

Ok great thanks guys!

The cm on the phone wasn't very helpful at all.

So it is easy enough. And thanks for the tip about emailing a week before... I don't think the 2 others will be impressed with sleeping on the floor haha

Oh we don't need to buy tickets at all. Myself and my bf have Dream AP's so the two tickets with the room will go to my brother and then step-brother ( who is 11 so is freeeeeee) :rotfl:

Actually my Dad is getting married in September and myself my bf and my brother are all going to DLP in Jan and bringing our then step brother as a surprise... He won't find out until Christmas morning!!

Thanks for all the help

Yaaaaaay for trips on the cheap!!!
Hes one lucky boy. Ya dont want to bring me too no? :rolleyes1

Can the extra people be added for the full duration of the stay.. Someone on tripadvisor seems to think that they cant be added for the entire stay :confused3

I would be interested to know if anyone has added people to their room on arrival for the same duration, just paying the Tourist Tax, as Disney told me that you cannot do this when I phoned and asked about it last year.
I was told that people can be added to a booked room on arrival for some nights for € 2 Tourist Tax per night, which includes breakfast but not park tickets, but not the same number of nights as the booking.
To add anyone to the room for the same duration I was told you had to phone 3 days minimum in advance, and pay the extra cost of adding them which will include breakfast and park tickets. Quote booking reference number.

I phoned Disney to book a room in the Cheyenne at very late notice ( 4 days before ) last January, on impulse to join someone who was staying there, but Disney had no availability. That's when the CM operator suggested that I pay the Tourist Tax on arrival and share the room, as I was staying one less night. She said that if I was staying the same number of nights, I would have to be added to the booking in advance, which would then include park tickets as well.

In the end I got a good price for the Cheyenne and direct Eurostar both ways with 1st class upgrade booking with Eurostar ( Expedia ) instead, as we did not want to share.

Totally agree regarding making sure that the room has two double beds, not one Kingsize if you need both.

I booked a package for myself and adult son staying in Sequoia Lodge a few years ago. When we checked in after being in the park until after midnight, and got to our room, there was one kingsize bed and one kids camp bed!
We had always had rooms with two doubles in the past, so it didn't occur to me that they might think that Mr and Mrs were not husband and wife! Quite a surprise.

The hotel was full so could not change room. It didn't really matter as we were only there for 2 nts/ 3 days. DS said he would sleep on the camp bed even though his legs hung over the end. He didn't really want to share with mum!
He is in the R.Navy, and said it felt like his bed on ship.

Sorry, didn't word that very well.
Meant to say that it didn't occur to me that Disney would assume that Mr and Mrs were a married couple, rather than mother and son.
Wiser now!

I have never had a problem being added to the room on arrival.

I was added at the Sequoia Lodge in September 2010 for 2 nigths (the same duration as my sister in law) and paid 2 euros which included breakfast for both days.
I was also added at the Cheyenne this June and paid the same 2 euros for the same amount of nights that my sister in law was staying.

On both occasions i got my own easypass so i could make the most of EMH as i have a Fantasy AP not the dream.

My personal opinion is that it is best to be added on arrival rather than confuse reservations in trying to be added before hand. I don't think they all understand and you end up being quoted different prices by different CM's.

My Daughter has booked 2 nights at the Hotel New York in September and i plan to be added to the room on arrival then too.

We had no problem adding our adult son for the duration of the stay - in fact Disney gave us the choice of adding him before and paying a set amount (£90??) or at check in and paying a few euros - didnt take us long to decide which to do. We got an extra easy pass for him so he could go into breakfast/park etc seperate from us if he wanted as well. This was 2 yrs ago but from what others have said it doesnt seem to have changed

Can the extra people be added for the full duration of the stay.. Someone on tripadvisor seems to think that they cant be added for the entire stay :confused3

of course the extra people can be added for the full duration of the stay - if you've booked the room for 3 nights for example, the room is yours for the 3 nights, so you can add your extra people for those 3 nights with no problem at all.

I would be interested to know if anyone has added people to their room on arrival for the same duration, just paying the Tourist Tax, as Disney told me that you cannot do this when I phoned and asked about it last year.
I was told that people can be added to a booked room on arrival for some nights for € 2 Tourist Tax per night, which includes breakfast but not park tickets, but not the same number of nights as the booking.
To add anyone to the room for the same duration I was told you had to phone 3 days minimum in advance, and pay the extra cost of adding them which will include breakfast and park tickets. Quote booking reference number.
I phoned Disney to book a room in the Cheyenne at very late notice ( 4 days before ) last January, on impulse to join someone who was staying there, but Disney had no availability. That's when the CM operator suggested that I pay the Tourist Tax on arrival and share the room, as I was staying one less night.
She said that if I was staying the same number of nights, I would have to be added to the booking in advance, which would then include park tickets as well.
In the end I got a good price for the Cheyenne and direct Eurostar both ways with 1st class upgrade booking with Eurostar ( Expedia ) instead, as we did not want to share.

you were definitely misinformed - as I added my extra person to my onsite room for the entire duration of stay with no park tickets when I checked in with no problem whatsoever :).

Likwise, when staying at the Davy Crockett, I routinely book for one person now, and add the rest of my family (5 people with APs) as guests on the arrival day.

Long may it last :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter