adding a child to a booking question!

hollymattbenmilo

DIS Veteran
Hi!

we got the dcr really cheap in the 50% sale.
2 adults 2 kids for 5 nights for £341!

now it looks like my step daughter might be able to come!! yeyyy!!!

now there is enough room in the cabin..so thats not a problem.. so wont be paying for extra room or anything. how much do you think it would cost to add an 8 year old to the room? at a guess.. 30th sep- 5 nights?

Hi, Can't help you with DCR prices but we have just added one person to the DLH and one person to Hotel Cheyenne bookings [both bookings had been for rooms of 3 and we were making them up to 4] and the DLH was an extra £96 and the Cheyenne an extra £92................I was very pleasantly surprised at how little it was!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:
Hope that helps?
I would just give them a call :thumbsup2

Kaye

was that adding an adult?
i hope its a bit less then that... i will ring when i know for sure if she can come.
thanks for your help. x

It might be an idea to call Disney and ask now, so you know how much more it will be if your stepdaughter can definitely go. That way you'll know how much more you have to put to it well in advance.

it should only really be the cost of the ticket and local taxes. we added an adult to our booking in 2008 at the dcr and they had an annual pass so the cm i spoke to said just tell them on check-in and you only have to pay the local taxes (think it was 1 euro a night) but when i checked in he told me not to worry as the cabin already had 2 adults in so they didint cost any extra! I now find it the cheapest way to book, we are going in 2 weeks and i have booked a package for me and DD and then i will add oh on when we get there as he has an annual pass.

Holly I really think you should phone Disney about this - because there are quite a few variables in changing your booking from 2 adults, 2 kids, to 2 adults, 3 kids. If your stepdaughter and both your boys are aged 3 or over when you go to DLP, you will have to pay for one of the children's stay (kids free only works one free per adult booked).

I've just done a random pricing on the DCR for 2 adults and 2 children (both under 7, thats right isn't it? for your boys) and then another one, for the same party, same dates, but adding a 8-year old. The price increased by around 17% total when I got the price for the 2nd example.

Thing is, the 50% deal is no longer on either, so you might not just be charged the extra that it would have been to add your stepdaughter in the 50% sale period. Theres just so many prices it could be, and its all total guesswork :confused3, you'd really be better to phone and ask Disney the specifics.

something else you might be able to do if it works out expensive is to book them in upon arrival as room only (therefore paying just the local taxes of a couple of euros per day) and then buy them a ticket for the park seperately.

something else you might be able to do if it works out expensive is to book them in upon arrival as room only (therefore paying just the local taxes of a couple of euros per day) and then buy them a ticket for the park seperately.

A 5-day park ticket for a child is £132, a Fantasy Annual Pass for her would be 139 euros (around £120, but you get 15% off that if you are a shareholder). There are no Fantasy AP blackout days during your trip.

Hi, Sorry for the delay...been really busy today! No it was for two adults, so hopefuly a child would be even less..I thought it was really good value, considering it was park tickets room and breakfast :)

kaye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter