Adding a day to a park hopper ticket with the current reservation system?

g-dub

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had success adding a day to a park hopper ticket? I have a two day PH ticket next week, with two theme park reservations already made. I’m looking to add a 3rd day to the ticket. Although reservations are currently gone, they do come and go and I’ve seen them intermittently available. However I can’t see any way to add a day online or through the app - I tried to call but there was a greater than 90 minute wait time, and by then the availability is typically gone - it doesn’t last long. Anyone else had luck with this? Or is there typically any last minute availability on the day of? I have reservations for July 8th and 9th and trying to add a day on the 7th - I will arrive around noon and so can try to go to the ticket window but I suspect they will be gone for the day…

I just did this last week, but the process is definitely more complicated than in the past. The system will not currently allow you to modify your existing tickets, but when you reach a cast member on the phone (my wait time was a little over an hour) they have the ability to authorize a refund of your current tickets. The two biggest drawbacks to this current system are that you will lose any reservations attached to your current tickets and the refund will take 10-12 weeks to process back to your card. The cast member who was working with me was very kind and suggested I buy my new tickets online while he waited and he made sure I had my reservations all lined up with my new tickets before he hit the final button which cancelled my old tickets.

Well that's unfortunate - that would require that 3 days still be available, which is never going to happen. Dang it!

You can book for any 3 days when you buy the ticket, and then grab the days you need as they become available. If you hound it long enough the days will likely show up.

Thanks everyone for the help. In stalking the reservation calendar, doesn’t seem likely my dates will open up. Has anyone had success with same day walk up reservations or is that just not possible?

Thanks everyone for the help. In stalking the reservation calendar, doesn’t seem likely my dates will open up. Has anyone had success with same day walk up reservations or is that just not possible?

It looks like a lot of capacity was just opened. Every day in July has availability for both parks!

It looks like a lot of capacity was just opened. Every day in July has availability for both parks!
Thanks! I just snapped up a 3 day ticket - now on hold with Disney to hopefully get the two day ticket refunded…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter